[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best decision you've ever made? Mine is probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: t3_5yy5mu.jpg (41KB, 640x487px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5yy5mu.jpg
41KB, 640x487px
What is the best decision you've ever made?

Mine is probably giving up alcohol and picking up a guitar
>>
Put a lot of effort into getting the best job I could when I was 19.
Every other success I had in life stems from that decision one way or another.
>>
Quitting school and focusing on doing what I want to do (writing) instead of following the shit others tell me to do. A decade later, I am still pretty happy with my choice, so I guess at least midterm it was a great decision.
>>
Forgiving.
>>
not cheating on my wife
>>
>>18246618

play us a song.

for me, I don't know.

right now I like to think it was taking the job i have now. i almost turned around when i was outside the interview. but here I am, and i know that even if things get bad here and there I'll always be able to take care of my self because of the experience this job gave me.
>>
>>18246618
Changing my major to something creative and risky instead of soul crushing and lucrative.

Authenticity, not even once.
>>
>>18246618

I was about 110kg 10 years ago. Had no education, no future, sat in my moms basement and played videogames.

I started to shape up my eating habits, started to run on a daily basis, went down to about 70kg and then I got a college degree followed by a decent job. I also got a wife and a kid as a result of me not being at home, all fat and lazy, as a result to this.
>>
File: Transparent_skeletor.png (281KB, 555x571px) Image search: [Google]
Transparent_skeletor.png
281KB, 555x571px
A long while ago I forbade myself going to things that I could do from from home or under my own powers - like going to restaurants and movie theatres. I also barred purchase of drinks and pre-made food(s).

I have a lot more money in my pocket and I gained a lot of experience in the kitchen - I eat very healthy, too.

But mostly I think this was the best decision I have ever made because I feel that I truly appreciate what luxuries I have... I seem to evaluate what luxuries I plan to purchase a lot more, as well.
>>
Manning up and tellinf my first gf to fuck off

Seems petty, but it was life changing for me. Until them, I held women on a pedestal, considered even the worst bitches something worth of worshiping just because "well, women are shit anyways"

After that I started threating every single human for what they are: humans with a different set of genitals. Solved a lot of self worth and social awkwardness problems I had.
>>
>>18246618
letting go and planning my suicide
i have a solid plan in place to make my life better and i made the choice to end it if my plan fails

it's so freeing finally having a deadline, that, for better or worse, the pain is going to end
>>
>>18246783

Most people in your previous position would consider what you've done to be a totally absurd fantasy. I just wanted to say massive respect to you for motivating yourself to improve as a person, and for showing that this can be done.
>>
I've never had any "big decision".
It is always accumulation of small decisions. And I don't think I can pinpoint any "best" decision among them.
>>
Moving as far away from the country I was born in.
Too much shit going on with family and past friends, which is still going on. I removed myself from the equation. I'm never living there again.
>>
Volunteering for military service instead of killing myself.
>>
>>18246861
kek
>>
>>18247511
Me too. From India to US.

What about you?
>>
>>18246618
Going for a run on a sunday night. Led to a;; the best things in my life.
>>
>>18247531
Teach me pajeet unkle
>>
>>18247571
Teach you what..how to poo in the loo?
>>
Not aborting my unplanned pregnancy. I considered it briefly, would never, ever tell my child that. Was old enough to deal with it, even though it was terrifying at the time, knew I really did want a child even if this wasn't when or with whom I had planned to do it. No regrets, even when I occasionally realize that her problems are forever going to be my problems too even though she's a grown woman now.
>>
>>18246670
I'm proud of you anon
>>
>>18246769
What did you change it to?
>>
>>18246783
How did you do it. I'm afraid to grow up even though it's all I want in the world
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.