[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i need a better job something that will support me as i go through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: triangles.jpg (292KB, 618x503px) Image search: [Google]
triangles.jpg
292KB, 618x503px
i need a better job

something that will support me as i go through college. i have very little support, i come from a poor background. right now i work in a warehouse at 12 an hour just moving boxes around. it keeps me afloat.. but i worry that when i start classes i either wont have enough time to work and pay the bills, or it'll take me like 10 years to finish school

things ive considered: bartending
i hear bartenders make CASH. and it'll be something i wouldn't mind doing. i think. only downside is i'm a little anti social so i'll have to really start going out more and getting used to being around and talking to so many people

being a waiter. same as above i used to know a waiter girl who would make as much as 500 bucks just on weekends. this would be pretty good cash, and working at a restaurant would make sure im fed

uber: i could sell my cars life to make money. easy. simple. no skill required. work any time. but i wreck my car

help me out guys im really kind of worried
>>
sell drugs
>>
>>18246641
selling drugs is only profitable if you have a large social circle of drug users to get your started. then you can promote a few of them into your position while you get bigger quantities to distribute. i don't have a large circle of drug users in my life

i'm not about to start selling dime bags on a corner either
>>
>>18246599
Once you're in school it is VERY unwise to work more than 20 hours a week, tops. And it's unlikely you'd find a student-level job paying more than $12.

Bartending and waiting tables maybe, but aside from your confidence issues, they're very unreliable - up one week and down another.
>>
>>18246599
OP, I am a full time student as well. I recommend delivering pizzas if you can. Otherwise work as a server. That way you can work at night. Also be up front with your boss about schooling. During the semester I have a plan worked out with my boss to not work as much on nights where I have homework or studying to do (i.e. most every night).

I also have a wife and daughter. Its hard but you can do it. If my dumb ass can get a 4.0 yours can too.
>>
>>18246599

>Bartending
Requires social skills, charisma, and knowledge. You can't just serve people drinks and call it at that. You also have to entertain them so have entertaining stories, have a quick wit, or if they talk a lot be a good listener. Depending on the bar, the hours can be long and at times you may not get out until after 3AM cause you gotta spend at the very least 30 minutes cleaning the bar. But if you like people, or at the least have a tolerable demeanor, it's a fine job.

>Wait staff
I'm never been a waiter but I had many friends who were and they all said it sucked. If you work in a remotely busy place, they'll make you work from breakfast to dinner, five days in a row. Scout restaurant and try to avoid the popular ones if you want anything of a social life.

>Uber
Not worth it, unless you live in the heart of a city, because you'll simply only make enough money to pay car expenses and repairs, especially since Uber typically requires newer models. Not to mention people are selfish and disgusting.
>>
>>18246599
I think a cute waitress gets a lot of tips and if you're a man you won't. If you're a woman you could work as a prostitute. Maybe your college offers jobs for students.

I don't know the correct english term, in german it's umzugshelfer (removal man?). It's a job where you help people move in and out of houses and appartments. You'll wreck your back lifting furniture all day but I heard it pays good.
Also, I heard bouncers get paid fairly well.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.