[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>haven't been back to original country for 10 yrs >haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

>haven't been back to original country for 10 yrs
>haven't heard/seen family for as long
>they have great expectations
>or they'll talk mad shit and try to "up" me
>im 23, but they probably think i need to have huge success
>going back soon
>no, i havent even finished by bachelors

its easy to say 'fuck them' but i actually care about these people
>>
>>18246162
I'll assume you're Asian? Cause this thing is the only thing that still happen in Asia. Even with me, my parents are the same.
>>
File: 1473944018774.jpg (38KB, 411x613px) Image search: [Google]
1473944018774.jpg
38KB, 411x613px
>>18246162
My big sis and cousin get this being the ones who didn't really make much of themselves
>>
OP here. What do you guys suggest for me to do?
>>
You moved abroad at 13?
>>
>>18246655
Yeah. Had some family-friends to live with for the first years and show me the ropes.
>>
>>18246667
And you and your family friends didn't talk to your family about how you were doing?
>>
>>18246676
In the first early years, yeah (mostly my mother). But after working full time and going to school, it just dwindled to strictly my mother.

I'm not worried about my mother, but it's everyone else (uncles, aunts, cousins, etc) - our country is traditioned in talking down, snide remarks, etc.

I don't want to know anybody the fuck out and I don't want to make my mom look bad infront of them.
>>
>>18246686
knock*
>>
>>18246686
Unless you're willing to lie elaborately about what you've done, I'm afraid there's not really much you can do about them judging you and your mother. Where are you originally from?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.