[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I'm 22 about to turn 23. I have no interests, no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7

File: hmmm.jpg (23KB, 500x607px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
23KB, 500x607px
Hello. I'm 22 about to turn 23. I have no interests, no hobbies, no friends, and no motivation. I work a shitty job with decent pay to get by, I have a dog and a boyfriend.

I have no redeeming qualities. Nothing about me is interesting and I'm not particularly good at anything at all. I dropped out of college because it wasn't interesting or engaging. I didn't know what I wanted to do. I feel like I have no identity. My free time is spent browsing the internet or watching TV sometimes. I work and come home and do the same thing every day. I'm so boring and I hate it. How do I get am identity? How do I learn to like something and become a person? Most importantly, how do I make friends?

I can't keep living this way. I will literally kill myself soon if my life does not change.
>>
>>18245938
You have to do something. Anything. You don't have to be good at it, you just have to do it. (Personally, I recommend programming. It has a very low barrier to entry.) If it doesn't work out, that's fine, just keep doing. You won't get motivated if you don't even start.

YOU CANNOT STEER A PARKED CAR.
>>
>>18245960
I would love to program.

I've tried it before, but with all things I do, I ultimately forget about it and give up. I have no idea how to maintain and interest? I can be interested out the wazoo, but I lose motivation eventually and revert back to my escapism hobbies. I literally spend all the time from when I get home to when I go to bed fucking looking at my phone. It's pathetic.
>>
>>18245979
Also, please excuse the awful typing. I'm on my fucking phone as we speak...
>>
How did you come to acquire your boyfriend? Does he have friends you can borrow?

Do you trust him enough to keep you accountable to keep you working towards goals?
>>
Stop being a bitch. You just have a low attention span and are fucking retarded. How about you try committing to something and see what happens?

>literally kill myself soon if my life does not change
lol
>>
>>18246049
I mean, we share similar interests and we met through okcupid. It was a while ago. I've progressively become a shittier person. He cannot help me, he has his own problems to deal with.

>>18246058
I think attention span is a major part of it, yeah. But it's also like some major depressive shit. I give up on a lot of stuff because I just can't picture myswlf being successful at something. No need for the crass language, my friend. Just looking for a little advice. I'd go kill myself now, but obviously have a lack of motivation. ;(
>>
I'm under the impression that some people simply are not very fond of life and that's just how they are as people, as I'm basically in the same position.

I try to deal with this by thinking that I am lucky to have a relatively comfortable life, and I also try to enjoy little things no matter how basic they seem to be. Helping others also seems to be potentially therapeutic in my case.
>>
>>18245938
Wow if you were male you would still be a virgin. This proves that its worse to live as a male.
>>
>>18245938
So change then. Stop browsing the internet constantly and watching tv all the time as a first step. Either that or kill yourself already. It's either live or die, doing this half assed shit isn't an option.
>>
Try volunteering. Especially at a place where people depend on you. Even if you lose self-motivation, knowing that other people need you may urge you on.
>>
>>18246091
I can find some comfort in this. But I desire more. I really just want to do something. I strive for like, something worth living for. I wish I really liked building ships on bottles or even scrapbooking or something. I just like...Nothing? Not sure how to get out of the funk.

>>18246095
I haven't always been this way. My personality isn't all that awful. I've moved a lot/dropped out of college, hence the no friends. I'm not a NEET, I do actually go out sometime and have enough acquaintances. Just a general disinterest in everything and no motivation to maintain any friendships. You're fucking trash.
>>
>>18246100
Easier said than done. I don't feel like I laid my problems out very well.
1. I want to have hobbies. However, I easily give up on them because I just can't do something every day or regularly. I have no idea how people do that.
2. I want to change that, but I don't know how. (which is why I made this post)
3. I have a general disinterest in everything and pass time with escapism hobbies, rather than something slightly more productive.

Generally, I just want some insight on how to be a normal person. How to take an interest and make something of it. Where do I start? How do I break my preexisting bad habits and stick with something? How do I become interested in life and people and everything?
>>
>>18246102
That's definitely something to look into. I've thought about nursing homes but I wasn't sure how to go about asking to volunteer.
>>
Reading the whole thread, it sounds like you're depressed in general, from the low motivation and attention to the lack of prolongued interest in things. Have you tried therapy? Meds + a psychologist could help you feel better and you could pick up something during your better times.
>>
>>18245938
Jesus christ, being a female is literally beginner mode. Just spread your legs and some loser will come and take you out on dates and spoon you every night. As a lonely, bored, anxious 23 year old male I wish I had the same power as you to snap my fingers and attract a partner.
>>
>>18246112
>You're fucking trash.
Kek, talk about the pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>18246146
You're absolutely right on the depression stuff. I have diagnosed anxiety, depression, and borderline personality disorder. I've had around 8 or 9 different therapists and 5 different psychiatrists ober the past 5 years because I will just stop going to the appointments. Even on medicine, I lose interest.
>>
>>18246084
It's frustrating to see problems like this. You're just lazy. The fact you have a boyfriend is makes me quite envious as well. I am fully aware I'm venting my own problems out on you right now, and I'm sorry. How the hell did you get a boyfriend? Seriously? Why don't you talk to him about this? Do you think you're even in the position to have one? I'm extremely envious of the lack of effort you seemingly had to go through to get the most intimate relationship you can get.

>kill myself now, but obviously have a lack of motivation. ;(
I can't tell if you're baiting or not, but you're never getting the motivation for this. You may wish death but you don't always want what you wish for. You're just lazy. The other day the police were called to my room because I'd been crying for 6 hours straight. I could hardly walk the next day I had so much cramps. You will get much sadder before killing yourself, and you are not at the bottom.

Motivation doesn't come on a whim, especially when you're depressed. Just stop being lazy, go out and do it. Who cares if you don't want to do it anyways? You know you're not going to do anything better, you think you're close to killing yourself so what's to lose? All you need to do, is just keep doing it. And for God sake talk to your boyfriend about this. Why do you even have him? Just as a token?
>>
>>18246136
>1. I want to have hobbies. However, I easily give up on them because I just can't do something every day or regularly. I have no idea how people do that.

You are aware that you don't have to do your hobby EVERY SINGLE DAY or else you will magically lose it right?

Stop making excuses and just fucking do it. Either something you enjoy but don't do often or something you are interested in but never tried.
>>
>>18246153
What are you even talking about? Stop bringing your faggy bullshit in here. No one cares. Literally no one on this fucking planet cares about whatever resentment you carry for women or how you feel so fucking cursed for being a man. You are so whiny and small and pathetic. I wish all I had to worry about was my mom finding my cum stained socks. Eat shit, fuccboii.

>>18246154
Yeah sure.
>>
>>18246165
People also resort to other sorts of therapy, not only docs and meds. Going somewhere new, or quiet and relaxed, can be quite therapeutic.
I have a friend who deals with depression and insomnia, and they always say the most important thing you should do is just keep going even if you don't want to, or feel anything. Build a schedule that includes this activity, no options. Even if it becomes a routine, you learn new things, and can use it as something to keep going for. Also it's good for meeting new people. It doesn't cure you by any means, but it's better than nothing.
Find something, anything, and just start doing it.
>>
>>18246181
>Yeah sure.
I'm not the guy who made the first post but it's obvious she's on the same level as that angry khv. Narcissitic, self-pitying cunt.
>>
>>18246181
>i wish all i had to worry about....

Doesnt sound like you have many pressing matters to worry about either from your OP. Youre just lazy, bored and pessimistic like me. Have some empathy, if you were a dude you would be in the same position but jerking off alone instead of getting pampered by your fat boyfriend.
>>
>>18246168
Just for a TLDR
>I will literally kill myself soon if my life does not change.
>I'm too lazy to change it
It's true what these self-pitying guys say, a guy can change it for you. Your boyfriend might not be doing that for you so you can dump him and get a guy that does, or you'll have to do it yourself. My recommendation is would be the same as Shia Labeouf's.
>>
>>18246168
Listen, I'm not a complete dud. I have a personality, I am smart, and I am well spoken. I am first and foremost, young and was younger when I met him. I understand that the problems I am having right now are probably a lot more easily resolved than I am imagining because I am naive and have a vague understanding of the world. If you are envious of my ability to have a boyfriend in my current situation, then you have a grave misunderstanding of how relationships and dating works. You don't like people for their interests/hobbies. You like them because you mesh well and you can work together. It's not a big fucking deal to date someone. Have you ever tried it?

I appreciate you trying to one up me in my own thread lmao. I've been that sad. I'm not going to delve into it, but I've been taken to the hospital and on suicide watch, the whole shebang. I'm better now and less suicidal, but I will always see suicide as my final outcome when things are unbearable. It's the only solace I have. It's the ultimate solution if things get too bad.

My boyfriend knows all of this. Without understanding the logistics of our relationship, it's difficult to explain, but he's not a great help in making me a better person.
>>
>>18246208
Well as previously said, the benefit of being a woman is that you can get a man to come love you and care for you Just by offering the festering wound between your legs, even as a suicidal nutcase like yourself. But the downside is that the type of guy who will take you up on that offer is a pathetic goof like your boyfriend. Monkey's paw.
>>
>>18246178
True. Will keep in mind.

>>18246184
Thank you. I'm hoping to do a lot of camping this summer. Outside is the best medicine of course. I won't take my phone or something.

>>18246188
Very intuitive.

>>18246196
Lol. Good one.

>>18246200
I don't get the theme in this thread that my boyfriend is in any way responsible for my situation. He's fine, has plenty of his own interests, etc...
>>
>>18246208
Of course I've fucking tried it. You think I'd be in the place to tell you this advice otherwise? I don't know why you're so angry about guys being envious about you. I didn't even ask most of my questions out of envy. What I don't appreciate is the fact you're trying to shit on my while disregarding my attempts to give you advice.
>>
>>18246219
>boyfriend is in any way responsible
Nobody is saying he's responsible. A new one can be a solution though.
>>
>>18246218
Why such seething misogyny? I myself am no feminist, but it's extremely concerning that due to being alone for so long, you've developed such hatred for women. Listen pal, I can't help that I'm a lady and I can't help that despite my being so incredibly boring, I'm hot enough to get a boyfriend. Cry me a river, big boy.
>>
>>18245985
Watch your language. What did phone do bad to you?
>>
>>18245938
Hello! 22 yr old female here. I have an understanding that you hate your job, do the same thing every day, you want change, and have lack of motivation, and depression. This is all too familiar to me. I struggled with depression for most of my teen years, I currently work at a "shitty " job (I hate it), and I, do the same thing thing mostly every day. First I just want to say there is nothing wrong with that, I quite enjoy being able to relax at home with my boyfriend, having the ability to browse the internets and such. Also if those feelings of sadness ever return, I try to remember what I have and should be grateful for: My eyesight, hearing, etc., clothes on my back, some food in the fridge, a roof over my head, my boyfriend, my family, nature, there is so much to be grateful for! And most importantly, you yourself have the ability to bring change around you, and ONLY you. Nothing will change by 'wishing' it changed, only by taking action.
>>
>>18246220
Nah, you're coming into this thread and boohooing like everyone else. What's the deal with that? Not a lick of advice from you. This is my first time posting on this board and I can't figure out why it's even called advice. You're all lonely narcissitic pieces of traaaaash.
>>
>>18246230
>hot

Jesus, youre not only depressed but delusional. Someone who sits on their ass all day and needs to go on a dating website to find a dude pathetic enough to fuck them isnt """hot""", guys just want that stinky hole youve got.
>>
>>18246242
Jesus you are distorted. How about you read it again?
>>
>>18246241
Thank you. Best advice in this thread solely because hearing I'm not alone in this is motivation in itself. I appreciate that.
>>
>>18246243
Ugh, take a joke. If I thought I was hot would I want to kill myself?
>>
>>18246253
>Ugh
I think you're on the wrong website.
>>
>>18245938
1st. Would you describe yourself as intelligent?
>>
>>18246255
Probably.

>>18246223
My boyfriend is my best friend on the planet. I am very happy with him and that is not something I wish to change in my life.
>>
>>18246255
This entire board is a containment cell for teenage newfags and redditors, i think she's exactly where she belongs.
>>
>>18246257
Not to anyone outside of the internet. What am I, pretentious?
>>
>>18245938
At least you're in a relationship. Be grateful for that
>>
>>18246259
Fucking true that. I'm feeling a little out of place though. Why is everyone so gay here? I expected everyone to be mean, but my God, this board is full of cucks.
>>
>>18246258
Then stop being lazy. Get off your ass and do something about it. It does NOT matter that you aren't motivated if you're not doing anything ever anyways. Hate it for a few moments, come home and feel like a better person.
>>
>>18246262
Comeon sweetie. I'm not going to bite or call you any sort of name, I just need an answer
>>
>>18246271
>A straightforward answer
>>
>>18246266
Why? Why are all of you acting like a realtor ship is the Pinnacle of success? It's fucking not and being in a relationship should not be a goal, it should just happen. Of course I am grateful im In a relationship, but I don't see that as a hugely fulfilling thing in my life. You all have over-inflated views of relationships.
>>
>>18246269
You're feeling tough love, not out of place

>>18246262
Compared a lot of work and people on the internet I feel the exact opposite. It's interesting you say this
>>
>>18246271
I'm so fucking smart. Genius. I have an IQ of like, 268, I've been tested. I'm in MENSA. Accepted to MIT thrice (that's the smart way to say three times).
>>
>>18246280
>relationship is the Pinnacle of success
It's the highest point of social status. It IS a pinnacle and result of social success. They don't just happen
>>
>>18246112
> haven't always been this way. My personality isn't all that awful. I've moved a lot/dropped out of college, hence the no friends. I'm not a NEET, I do actually go out sometime and have enough acquaintances.

I' the same and also have friends and am in college. Still a virgin and rejected by every woman I've asked out.
>>
File: 4L_4MWNN0gt.png (83KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
4L_4MWNN0gt.png
83KB, 640x360px
>>18246280
It's different when you've never been in one :,(
>>
>>18246286
Not tough love. I've received almost no useful advice.

I meant that I would not describe myself as intelligent to a person IRL. That's fucking lame. Joking about being pretentious, although I am actually prententious.
>>
>>18246290
Then get into ***Botany***

Makes a lot of money
makes a lot of "friends"
and if your willing to end your life than isn't anything better than what you have now?
>>
>>18246280
Men are programmed to desperately want pussy. The consequences of that? 1) The shittiest of women (you) can fall into a relationship at any time with no effort.
2) Men who are single or going through dry spells (Us) are dying to get laid and jealous of the ease that you can achieve it

So have some empathy you narcissistic KHUNT.
>>
>>18246291
That's bullshit. I know plenty of losers in relationships. Lower your standards and ride this social status pony.

>>18246296
Refer to the above comment, baby boii.

>>18246299
You too.
>>
>>18246306
Weed gives me anxiety, if that's what you're hinting at. I abhor weed smokers and their culture. Makes me sick.

>>18246307
Not my problem. I'm a pretty good catch. I make really good spaghetti and I split the bills on everything. I think ur just jealous.
>>
>>18246181

Why shouldn't we have resentment when a boring bitchy piece of shit like you has more sexual value than your mmale equals and even superiors?
>You are so whiny and small and pathetic.
At least we men have real problems.
>>
>>18246181
> A woman denying her own privilege

Wow we struck a nerve here.
>>
>>18246318
You sound like an awful person to be honest.
>I can make spaghetti and I split the bills
Wow, such a catch lmao
>>
>>18246311
I lowered my standards. People like you rejected me.
>>
>>18246323
Jesus. I don't deny it's hard being a man. Okay, well, aside from my above comment. I know it is and I do not deny my privilege in certain circumstances. You're complaint how it's so hard to be in a relationship, yet in the same breath telling me to get off my ass and work towards something? Yeah right, follow your own advice. If you can't squire a girlfriend then you have a critical error in how you're doing stuff. 18-22 year old girls are fucking sluts with daddy issues dying to be in long term relationships. Stop being so off-putting and strange. I know it's really hard with your several aufism, but can be accomplished with effort!
>>
>>18246318
Yeah and you are a neet, probably look like shit, have no friends, and no personality.

Damn, I wish I has a pussy so I could get into relationship just for being able to cook. Would you date a guy solely because of that and that he coud "split bills"?
>>
>>18246311
Lower my standards? I've had girlfriends that are the standards I wanted, why would I lower them? Why are you even pinning this against me?

Anyways what exactly is bullshit? It's the biggest reward of a social life. It is social status. You brag about a relationship. In fact you insult everyone here for being alone and not having a relationship. Can you see how delusional you're being here? Stop arguing and stick to trying to get advice.
>>
>>18246318
I think your boyfriend is the catch here, you depressing bore. I hope you at the very least swallow his nut and take it up the shitter or else hes absolutely pathetic for staying with your unimpressive ass.
>>
>>18246330
Holy shit. The autism is rampant. You can't even pick up on a joke.

>>18246331
Wow, that's gotta be rough. I'm the lowest of the low. You ever though about becoming gay? If you're getting butt fucked, you don't have to make eye contact at least...
>>
>>18246318
I make good spaghetti and I'm always happy to split the bill when I go on a date with women. Does that mean I'm a catch?
>>
>>18246360
>wahhhh give me advice im saddd

Has turned into

>Fuck all you fuckin nerds! Go jerk off to anime! You wish you could get some beef curtains like mine!

Women, everybody.
>>
>>18246349
Unlike you I go outside, talk to people, make friends, study, have hobbies, and am play sports. So yeah I follow my own advice.

> I know it's really hard with your several aufism, but can be accomplished with effort!

I honestly don't know why it is less attractive to have autism than being a useless wet hole.

>accomplished with effort!

And here's you lecturing me about effort
>>
>>18246350
Again, the spaghetti and bill splitting was a joke. Take it with a grain of salt.

>>18246357
I'm not insulting anyone for not being in a relationship. It's just that you all see this as a huge success and are green with envy, I think it's HILARIOUS. You are so sad and depraved that you've idealized relationships and expectations so much, how could you ever hope to be in one? Your standards may not be too high or too low, but the fact that you even have standards is sad. Just let it happen Why the fuck are all of you so worried about being Ina relationship? Being single rules. It absolutely rules.
>>
>>18246359
He is the catch. You're right :)

>>18246364
Yeah for sure.

>>18246370
No, you're all just really annoying. I posted about my own problems and my thread was hijacked by weirdo retards with self esteem issues. Whatever, I'll embrace it.

>>18246372
Cool. You must just be ugly then.
>>
>>18246376
>Being single rules. It absolutely rules.

After having fucked, yes.
>>
>>18246376
Sounds like it's time to dump your boyfriend then.
>>
>>18246349
At least you realized your own privilege.
>>
>>18246385
Once you fuck, you will realize how it's not a big deal at all. I understand that in your current position it is something you strongly desire, but fucking isn't all that great. Just being honest here, Charlie. Sorry if it runs you the wrong way.
>>
>>18246376
>not insulting anyone for not being in a relationship
You just insulted a guy for not even being able to get the lowest of the low.

Beginning a relationship is a success. You found someone to love because of your personality and social skills.

>so sad and depraved that you've idealized relationships and expectations so much, how could you ever hope to be in one?
You literally just insulted me for not being in a relationship. The fact is I just got out of a relationship a few weeks ago. I've been in other relationships before too.

>the fact that you even have standards is sad
What?

>Just let it happen Why the fuck are all of you so worried about being Ina relationship
The fact is that there are guys that don't let it happen. The go out of their way. We have to compete with that. Most people want a relationship for companionship, love and sex. Most likely the same reasons you want a relationship. It's just more competitive.

Why are you in a relationship then?

I'm not trying to hurt you or anything. We all have problems clearly but please calm down
>>
>>18246349
>critical error
those dont exist when you're a girl
>>
>>18246384
>Cool. You must just be ugly then.
Nah. 6'2 white brown hair blue eyes a bit skinny 6/10 face
>>
>>18246393
Of course. Just as a side note, I am highly empathetic towards men's issues. I think you all are long forgotten and deeply in the shadow of women's issues. You have it hard and life is sometimes unfair to you. C'est la vie. I wish you the best in a world that demonizes you for simply existing.
>>
>>18246384
>Cool. You must just be ugly then.
Wow I though looks didn't matter to you cunts. Ugly girls should also date mme then.
>>
>>18246384
You sound like a little girl. Face reality. Your horrible, grating personality that causes you to fail at every social endevour you attempt came off in your posts, and we called you out on it. You responded with "Fuck you, just tell me what I want to hear" essentially, and started this shit-flinging contest. You cant take advice and your jokes are awful so i think its time for you to excuse youself from the thread.
>>
>>18245938
Seems like you spend a lot of your time inside? I would suggest getting into a different routine.

Start working out, find a new place to hang out with bf, find a hobby like collecting stuff, get freaky in bed with said bf. Just shake it up a little and you'll be fine
>>
>>18246417
>get freaky in bed with said bf
True. My suggestion would be polyamory and maybe cuckoldry with black men if you just want to dip your toes in it.
>>
>>18246398
Yeah, but that guy was an asshole, so of course I'm going to be shitty. Also, you're an asshole, so of course I'm going to be shitty.
I knew the standards comment would need an explanation. Standards like *not a crackhead**doesn't smoke*, etc.. are like, normal standards. But like, these other standards you all have are trash. Like my own brother is so sad and lonely, yet will only date Asian women even though he's a fat loser himself. Re evaluate your standards is really all I mean.
I understand people want to be loved and it is a motivation, I mean it's instinctual. Do you see what's happening in this thread though? I'm being called a fat bitch and a slut and a hole solely because I have depression and am in a relationship. I hope you understand my frustrations and generalizations. I apologize if they didn't hit the right note for you.
>>
>>18246405
Looks matter.

>>18246409
I'm all for the advice if it's relevant to my original post. All I'm hearing are a bunch of boohooing fags obsessed with the fact that I am sad and uninteresting and in a relationship. This is chaos.

>>18246417
Nice. I do want to do those things.

>>18246419
Tried it, not for me. Monogamy all the way. Thanks for the suggestion though!
>>
>>18246419
That's super freaky
>super freak
>super freak
>it's super freaky yow
>>
>>18246430
Haha holy shit she cheated on him with a nigger too. This girl cant get any fucking better.
>>
File: 1378104590036.gif (447KB, 320x219px) Image search: [Google]
1378104590036.gif
447KB, 320x219px
>>18246300
You came here with self pity and that's what you got in return. Just earlier today I was in a thread on this board that was very helpful to OP. If you have a legit matter to get advice over /adv/ will genuinely respond.

Be vapid and unaccepting of any advice given will get you troll remarks, male or female. Take time to read this snippet

>Certainly the most destructive vice if you like, that a person can have. More than pride, which is supposedly the number one of the cardinal sins - is self pity. Self pity is the worst possible emotion anyone can have. And the most destructive. It is, to slightly paraphrase what Wilde said about hatred, and I think actually hatred's a subset of self pity and not the other way around - ' It destroys everything around it, except itself '.

>Self pity will destroy relationships, it'll destroy anything that's good, it will fulfill all the prophecies it makes and leave only itself. And it's so simple to imagine that one is hard done by, and that things are unfair, and that one is underappreciated, and that if only one had had a chance at this, only one had had a chance at that, things would have gone better, you would be happier if only this, that one is unlucky. All those things. And some of them may well even be true. But, to pity oneself as a result of them is to do oneself an enormous disservice...

>...And it sounds like 'Oh that's so simple', because it's not simple to stop feeling sorry for yourself, it's bloody hard. Because we do feel sorry for ourselves, it's what Genesis is all about.

-Stephan Fry
>>
>>18246423
I don't understand why I'm an asshole. I mentioned earlier that I was taking my anger out on you, and yeah that was an asshole thing to do but I don't I'm deserving of a name like that

I don't have standards like what you've explained. In fact I essentially just go for these personally:
>take care of yourself
>no drugs

I absolutely understand your frustrations, and you're not wrong for being frustrated. I'm sure frustrating things like this might not be discussed in person, but I think you should have dealt with the frustration a bit better.

I'm going to stick to my original advice and say: just do it. Depression is a bitch as much as you and I have been this thread, but we need to show it who's boss. Recognise your low attention span among your other problems when you see it and do what you need to be who you want.
>>
>>18246430
>Tried it
Damn I was just joking m8, your poor bf.
>>
>>18246435
No. It was a past boyfriend. I ain't no coal burner neither.

>>18246438
Thank you for that. I agree, I had the wrong approach. As I mentioned, it's my first time using this board, so I'm a tad too unfamiliar. I'll keep this in mind. Thankfully though, this helped draw me away from my own pity for now.
>>
>>18246433
are you alright?
>>
>>18246168
Stfu a boyfriend isn't a be all end all to all your fucking problems. Seriously though op, we could be the same person(switching the dog with a cat). Ignore this idiot. You're going to fall into ruts sometimes. I think people like you and I really need to have structure in our lives to keep moving forward. Find something to get excited about and make a detailed, point by point plan to do it and complete said goal no matter how hard it is. When that thing gets boring few years down the road, find another thing and rinse and repeat. Sorry for the jarble, I too am on my phone rather than being productive. Good luck dude(tte).
>>
>>18246440
You're right, I'm sorry. Obviously a little distraught from this thread. I like the just do it approach. I'll try and just do shit. I guess thats truly the only way to do it. Again, I apologize for being rude to you. Thank you for the advice and I wish you well.

>>18246442
Past boyfriend. Was 18. Coerced into it. Have weird problems with sex now. Will never do it again.
>>
>>18246453
I can't tell anymore
>>
>>18246466
There's nothing freaky about cuckoldry. It's perfectly healthy and normal.
>>
>>18246462
Thank you! I think the best thing about this thread is seeing other people in the same situation. I feel a lot better about everything knowing I'm not alone in the struggle.
>>
>>18246419
Ahahaha, I didn't see the black men part. I just read cuckoldry. My bad. Totally missed the goof.
>>
>>18246462
I never said a boyfriend is the end all to all problems. As someone who has had a girlfriend that kept a lot of her problems from me, I can say it's not a good thing. I was under the impression she didn't talk to her boyfriend about it and I was wrong.

When you get to the point where you've outdone something, the try new things. You'll know when you get to this point. To me it sounds like she is dealing with depression rather than exhausting a hobby. A new boyfriend is one of many solutions to try new things if her current doing it for her. Not the best option of course, but again in the same post I recommend her to recognise and overcome the problems she's told us.

>>18246465
I'm glad I could help. I'm sorry I brought my own problems in to the thread, but hell this website is a shithole anyways
>>
>>18246499
Having something to strive for, at least for me, is honestly the best thing for depressive ruts. Whether it be wanting to look better/eat healthier, learn a new skill or create something(like writing or art), just something to work toward. It's not the be all end all, but it's certainly better/healthier than expecting a boyfriend or significant other to magically solve all your depression just by existing. Communication and being able to lean on someone for support is great, but honestly the only one who can decide to go out and do the things that will make you happy is you.
>>
You're 22? Lucky you! You just got out of your dippers.
Call Stephan Molineux. He might give you some good insights.
>>
*Stefan
>>
>>18246531
Fully agree
>>
File: 4L_rCVG8j78.jpg (34KB, 567x565px) Image search: [Google]
4L_rCVG8j78.jpg
34KB, 567x565px
>>18246537
lol Stefan Molymeme
>>
File: 4L_3selOz94.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
4L_3selOz94.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
Ok I posted here but didn't give you any advice so here's my 2 cents. Keep your source of income until you can find something better. I landed on an okay job after being jobless for a bit over a year so nothing's impossible you just have to keep looking. Give out your cv in real life or use Indeed. Also you should probably take yoga lessons and do some meditation that'll help you feel better about yourself. Go out more with your bf. I don't know go on vacation or road trip with him or something
>>
>>18245938
>"pls help I want to kill myself because my stable life is boring even though I could fix it myself by not being a lazy sack of shit but girl problems m I rite lmao"

Today I'm going to try and cherish my life, because at least I'm not that pathetic.
>>
>>18247075
Ty will do.

>>18247111
Glad to be an inspiration to you.
>>
>>18245938
>>
OP I guarantee you your problems with motivation and interest and enjoyment of things comes from spending too much time on the internet. The constant seeking behavior involved in finding interesting content on the internet is hell for your dopaminergic pathways. You become unable to enjoy normal things and just become a fiend for the novel content. Get off the computer and stop watching TV. Start doing things that take sustained concentration like reading and writing and get some exercise. Seriously if you cut out anything involving an electronic screen and started doing 30 minutes of cardio a day you will be cured in less than 3 weeks I promise. If you don't believe me, try it anyway. All you have to lose is three weeks of sitting around on the computer doing nothing and you have everything to gain.
>>
>>18245938
First... Seems your bf likes you so you gotta have something going. Theres guys on here who have never had anyone who complain they have nothing about them. Theyre a little more spot on probably.

Second.. The past is gone. It doesnt exist. At all. Today is the day you try something new. If you fail.. Tomorrow is the day. And so on and so on.

Just go do something until you feel better about yourself.

Also check in with a doctor to make sure this isnt medical induced depression. Even if your thyroid gland isnt working properly (which has nothing to do with your brain) youd get depressed and lose motivation.

Doesnt hurt to check.
>>
To find yourself you have to challenge yourself, get out of your comfort zone and explore new things, improve in areas of your life where you think you can do better, and more importantly, no matter how you feel you have to push yourself to go beyond what you think you can do. Or else you'll be stuck in this limbo for the rest of your life.
>>
>>18245938
I remember being your age, feeling just completely miserable with my life. I sat around and waited for some sort of change to come to me. It didn't, because that's just not how life works. I can't say I made some amazing change and improved my life either. I made a small change, that led to another change, that again, led me down another path etc. Nothing radical, no big eureka moment. If you're sitting around waiting for that, like I did, you will waste your youth. And possibly your life. Take a small opportunity that is currently available to you. Even if it seems dull, just make sure it is something even slightly different than what you are doing now. Follow that change with the next one available. Doesn't matter if it's in small steps, you most likely have a long time to be in this world, slow change is ok and in fact better than some big life changing moment. Those are usually for the worse in my experience. Here's the big thing I know based simply on being alive for 48 years: nothing really matters that much. Your family is the only thing that you remain attached to over the years and even they can come and go just like friends do. You will lose people you love. You will be disappointed. You will do things you said you never would. You just simply cannot imagine how different your life will be in 20 years. It goes by fast. You're currently wasting it. You think you don't have the energy to do things now, shit wait til you're middle aged. Youth really is wasted on the young. The hang ups and uncertainty that plague young people really ruins what should be your glory days. If I were 22 again I would fuck a lot more, travel, work only as much as necessary, learn to be completely self sufficient, never get a credit card and mostly live to have a good time. Things and money mean nothing as far as happiness goes.
>>
Paint.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.