[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else in university and just fucking hate it? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: depressed-man.jpg (54KB, 358x335px) Image search: [Google]
depressed-man.jpg
54KB, 358x335px
Anyone else in university and just fucking hate it? I'm a good student getting good grades, but I hate the constant work load, stress, and being displaced from everyone I know. I have few friends and almost no daily social interaction. I hate everything about this university but it's the only one I can afford. The weather is horrible, location is depressing. I don't want what's supposed to be the best 4 years of my life to be the worst. Anyone else have a similar experience?
>>
>>18244526
change that shitty perspective, university doesn't have to be "the greatest four years of your life" you have a whole life to live. finish university and have a great rest of your life.
>>
Exactly it's just four years the best years are after that when you can be independent and are working on your career and life uni is a stepping stone
>>
>>18244526
I kind of feel you man but i think you dont have it so rough yet, so you could chance the things you dont like right now.
i never visit adv and was searching for a thread about deppresion in uni because i think i have it, i live in an underground appartment, almost never see the sun, i have wasted three whole years doing Notting, havent exited my appartment un three weeks and i dont know how to change back yo how i was when i entered uni, at a Time i was like you, suspecting things Will be better but they werent for me.
I have thinked of going to a psychologist but im not sure what to expect.
>>
Yes. I had an AA and a full ride scholarship where i netted a good amount of money, but dropped out anyway. I don't know what happened, i just made no friends and had no motivation to do anything. in an effort to keep my gpa from falling low enough to lose my scholarship, i took classes outside my major, so i didnt even get to any of the actually interesting courses in my major. I dropped out sometime in my second year.

I don't regret dropping out (i had no options at that point) but i severely regret letting it get so bad that i had to. I often find myself dreaming about the campus and going to class.
>>
>>18244613
What do you do now? I'm in a similar situation to you and I don't know how I would pick myself back up if I dropped out.
>>
yeah i hated every waking moment of college, and i had a full ride and graduated to a very lucrative job
if you get through it you end up with this massive chip on your shoulder that will never go away
honestly don't know what to do about it
>>
>>18245171
>>18244613
I also have a full ride scholarship to a fairly mediocre institution (#160 or something for my major in the US) but still, with my college fund and stipends I'll probably end up making +$5k a year. I know I shouldn't be a shit and drop out, as I'm having a very valuable investment handed to me for free, but it's beyond me how people find it within themselves to enjoy this experience. I can already feel my motivation fading - I'll probably be dropping from a 4.0 to a 3.7 GPA or so this semester.
>>
>>18244526
i know what you feel
basically, the spec i'm in at my uni, is the first generation, so when it was open, there was no average as a way to differentiate candidates. i ended up in a group of mosty morons, backstabbers and straight up cunts. did i also mention we don't have any girls in our spec?

i made the mistake of taking up a colleague's offer to move in his dorm room, on the 3rd floor, as opposed to the ground floor, chill dudes room. my colleague is an idiot, he listens to shitty rap on his phone, basically at all time. i've just played it cool so far, didn't do anything to get back at him. i'm certain he's gonna tell me to do a request to stay with him next year as well, but i'm gonna take my chances and see who i wind up with next year desu.

other than that, it's exactly what you're going through, OP. I have two projects pending, one of which i didn't even start, and the other one is for a teacher who couldn't teach to save his life, plus i have to design a food industry line in Sollidworks till next month. oh, and a powerpoint presentation.

it's not easy, but at least, for myself, i can see how my work is paying off. i got a scholarship, got a nice GPA, and i can probably hit the sweet dorm next year.

if i was to give you any tips, these would be the ones that helped me most:
-you're on your own untill further notice. if someone needs the notes for course A and asks you, you don't have them. even if you do. this one can be a bit tricky, you need to act as a selfish piece of shit enough that you can protect yourself, but not hard enough that it's obvious. lowkey mind your own work and you should be fine.

-make friends, but not in the same classes you take. it's basically like having a friend or friends with different jobs: different schedules, different workloads etc. and you won't be forced by your feelings to help your friends no matter what, see advice 1
some more advice incoming 1/2
>>
>>18244526
mate, change up your schedule and see how next semester is. each semester changes. I had some semesters that were horrible and some that were amazing. change up what you do, find student activities.

also, ALWAYS ignore people that go "these are the best years of your life" for anything. those people say that about either high school or college, when in fact every time those people are losers who had that end up being their best years.
>>
>>18245670
-if you have any roommates, whenever you get back from home, bring only your necessaries(sheets, clean clothes, deodorant), you might wind up with a very needy motherfucker who constantly asks for your laptop to watch movies, effectively forcing you to move any personal files to other storages(yes, i did that) or who just uses your shit without permission

-if you meet new people, and they seem interested in you(romantically or otherwise), play it cool for as long as you can, then you can get personal if you want. just be cool. oh, and if you get asked for help, appease the minor requests, don't blow yourself trying to help them. this last bit is entirely optional.

-if she looks odd, stick a rubber on your cock. if you just happen to pick up some random hoe, never, ever rawdog her. you don't know how many diseased dicks she's had inside her.

And finally, don't try to learn everything. Just stick to what's going to help you in the future. Also, think about yourself in 5 and 10 years from now, see what you can do to be closer to those two points.

Happy trails anon, you can do it.
>>
>>18245704
>>18245670
>spec
what did he mean by this?
Oh yeah, roommates have been another fucking headache for me. My roommate for the first semester was a self-centered asshat who would stay up to all hours of the night screaming at video games when I had to wake up early the next day. He'd semi-ironically refer to me as "Cuckold". Luckily he was dumb as shit and dropped out quick. I snagged a single room for next year, I hope to stay away from the roommate thing if at all possible. Even if it's the size of a closet, it's way preferable to roommate politics. Since I have a full ride, I can probably work over the summer to afford nicer housing in coming years as well.
On your tips,
I've been kind of minding my own work. I've realized the help I give and the help I receive is highly unbalanced. Since I get good grades, people get near to me so I can help them, yet nobody is willing to reciprocate if I'm not sure on something. Even going so far as to be hostile to me. Kind of shitty, but life goes on.
Thanks for the optimism too.
>stick a rubber on your cock
Yeah I'm a solid 3/10 so this advice doesn't really apply haha
>>18245676
Yeah, my two semesters so far have both been 19 credits. Next semester I have 16, so I should have less issue.
>>
>>18245720
spec as in specialization, as we call it here.
a university has different sections referring to a specifc domain(mine has 3) and those sections are also split in specialization, to further narrow on specific things like machinery or administration

and don't worry about 3/10. my roommate picked up some chick who was high off her ass one night, told me to leave the room so he can fuck her. he kicked her out after round two because she had needle marks on her arm. just be careful out there, no matter what.
>>
>>18245047
started a buisness with my dad as investor, but i don't *really* want to do it

>>18245239
whats the limit for the scholarship
>>
>>18244526

I've felt this way for six years. But now I'm graduating this month with master's and I've got a decent paying job lined up starting next month. It's shit, but it doesn't last forever. Keep that in mind and you'll get through eventually. In the end it's such a short period of life. Do something fun and interesting to balance the crap out.
>>
>>18245751
>whats the limit for the scholarship
Not sure what you mean. I have several scholarships that together exceed my total cost of attendance. The one that "bumped me over" is paying $7000/yr of the total $21000/yr the scholarship is, although I think it's "locked in" at that amount, it can't increase if my cost of attendance increases.
>>
>>18245761
the gpa limits
>>
>>18245765
2.5 I think lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.