[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I stop self-medicating with junk food? my insurance,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1200px-Pie_A_La_Mode.jpg (116KB, 1200x732px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Pie_A_La_Mode.jpg
116KB, 1200x732px
how do I stop self-medicating with junk food?

my insurance, and thus anti-anxiety meds ran out and as my appetite returned (the meds were suppressing it), I've been self-medicating increasingly with junk food and I've been putting on copious amounts of weight

pic related, my latest binge. I'm even considering purging it I hate myself so much
>>
sup /ck/, just eat delicious food that is healthy instead

what sorts of foods do you crave?
>>
>>18243347

This isn't even self-medicating, it's just being fat. At least booze has some kind of effect. You're just being a sad sack.

You know how you stop? Put down the fork. Nothing is easier than NOT DOING something. Don't buy shitty food, don't eat shitty food, the end.

I can understand people who can't keep up the discipline for the gym or exercise, because that requires time, effort, and pain, but this shit drives me nuts. It's literally the easiest thing in the world to just not go do this. Sure you might feel a little uncomfortable or hungry, but you'll get over it. People in this world don't seem to understand that they're not going to be comfy 100% of the fucking time anymore.
>>
>>18243375
>You know how you stop? Put down the fork. Nothing is easier than NOT DOING something.

You have no concept of addiction.
>>
>>18243347
I think of it as
>Well this would really taste good for like 5 seconds and I would really enjoy it but once it's in down there and digested I'm just gonna feel like a fat pig slob for it. I'm not gonna eat this donut
>>
>>18243468
To be honest, food addiction is pretty pleb. More valid than gambling but still.
>>
>>18243477
It's a physical addiction, though, especially if it's filling in for anxiety meds.
>>
>>18243489
Hence, more valid than gambling

It's not heroin, is all I am saying.
>>
>>18243516

Sure, but sugar is more addicting than cocaine. Food addiction is usually multiple problems compounding.
>>
>>18243468

I probably have more of an understanding of addiction than you do, as a full blown recovering alcoholic.

>>18243489
Food can't fill in for anxiety meds, and if you think it can, you don't understand medicine, food, or anxiety.
>>
Cut out the carbs and you will stop having cravings. The more carbs you cut out, the less cravings you will have.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.