[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /adv/ do to calm them selves? im not looking for internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1408337593157.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1408337593157.gif
428KB, 200x183px
what does /adv/ do to calm them selves? im not looking for internet guides to sitting down and breathing. i mean what do you, yes you specifically, do when you are too stressed?

i just got handed a fuckton of responsibilities i have no experience with, and while I'm sure I can handle them, I'm agonizing over the timing for sure.
>>
>>18243225
Three things

1) Do the work. If I'm working, I don't feel anything

2) If I can't work, then I read a book. If I'm in a book, then I can forget reality for a while

3) If I can do neither, remember that the present is just a memory of the future.
>>
>>18243225
There's a loop of highways and backroads that takes about 30 minutes for me to drive through in my town.
I go for a ride, windows down, radio off, phone away.
Usually what happens happens.
I've cried before, decided to pull over, turn around, take another loop, whatever.
By the time I get back to my dorm I'm fine.
>>
>>18243225
I eat that fucking stress like a man
Then it tears me a new asshole and I feel like shit
>>
>>18243246

that actually sounds nice. no car here, but maybe i should just get on the bus and enjoy a trip down the blvd. i use dto like going for walks but honestly i hate them right now, probably because a lot of this new work has me running around already and im so tired after.

>>18243242

i hate reading for sure, i dont think my intent should be to just forget the work exists, that doesn't seem like a destresser. and rationalization doens't take the stress out of the situation.

its not like im sad or scared im just, you know, stressed. a lot going on, trying to balance it all etc.
>>
>>18243259
If you hate reading, then you may have ADD or some brain fuck up. Get pills?

Or if somehow it's just your reading shit that's fucked up, try audiobooks and walking
I love audiobooks
Personally hooked
If you have time to relax, maybe go for a walk and listen to some
>>
>>18243225
the last time i got mad, i ripped off my penis. i feel better now, forever
>>
>>18243269

>if you hate reading, then you may have ADD or some brain fuck up. Get pills?

no. I was an avid reader in my youth and averaged 2 to 3 novels a week on top of school reading. in my junior year I read well over a hundred and fifty novels and just burn my self out. like V.C. Andrews, I grew so tired of reading I rarely ever picked up another book, and instead focused my energy into writing, which I still do to this day.

Plenty of people hate reading, it doesn't mean they have ADD, even if they didn't like it once upon a tim.

>try audiobooks and walking

I actually love audiobooks and even better, radioplays, but I havent even been able to sit through season 2 of wormwood. like i said, walkings really fun for me these days. I spend a lot of time running around for work right now and come home exhausted. Couldn't even walk my dog today.

I used to love me some audio story though. if you really like audio books i would recommend the following radioplays

>afterlives

its about 5 people from across space and time who all died and now travel from one after life to the other together. It combines the story telling styles of TV shows like buffy and lost. the first episode is rough but by the end of season 1 you begin to feel it coming together, and season 2 is juat amazing. season 3 wasn't epic but it was a fair wrap up.

>wormwood

a serialized mystery, really fun, three seasons as well though much longer seasons of 22 episodes of about half hour each. the downside ot this is the production quality is very low, you gotta keep your hand on the volume.

>118 migration

this one plays more like an audiobook as the story is told from the POV of osmeone reading a diary. it takes place in the zombie appocalypse and it has a lot of dark supernatural elements that most zombie stories don't have. in addition to the zombies, any electric device that gives a signal will turn you in to a crazy killer if listened to for too long.
unfortunately unfinished.
>>
>>18243288
I think we're pretty similar
I had ambitions of writing for a while...

I'll take up your suggestions. Audiobooks are great when I'm commuting or doing chores.

I recommend the Hitchhiker's Guide read by Douglas if you can.
So good.
Always relevant

The last one I listened to was the Iain Banks Culture series book Consider Phlebas.
Unexpectedly amazing.
Read by Peter Kenny
Get the Kenny versions. He's so very good
>>
>>18243305

ive heard good things about hitchhikers guide to the galaxy my friend references it all the time, but when i go for a story its generally horror, thats just my niche these days. still it seems to be really popular so maybe i shoudl give it a try.

im strugglign to even pay attention to creepy pasta narrations these days. i had to listen to a 2 minute clip like 5 times to understand what happened.

my mind just wanders back to the millions of things
>>
>>18243346
I've heard this a lot from my friends
It seems that audiobooks have a real niche audience
I can listen to one for hours
But a lot of people just glisten over listened to speech
>>
>>18243357

I used to obsess and immerse and hate that i couldnt always finish the long ones in just a day. id just put one on and run my errands and clean and get so much done while listening.

but the last few weeks are just stressful and the radioplays and ugh
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.