[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>group project due tomorrow >assigned to work with two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1491059177231.jpg (95KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
1491059177231.jpg
95KB, 692x577px
>group project due tomorrow
>assigned to work with two roasties, gave the one my email
>haven't received anithing from her
>no way to get into contact with them
>did all my shit but it's only 1/3rd of the total project

Where do I go from here? Do these roasties expect me to do the whole project?
>>
High school or college?
>>
>>18243066
College
>>
>>18243070
Email your professor and inform him/her that your partner(s) have failed to complete their part of the assignment that the group has agreed to. Its a 9/10 chance that your professor will understand, and either
A: grade you upon the quality of the work you HAVE done.
B: Give your group an extended amount of time to complete the full project.
C: Give YOU a greatly extended amount of time to do the work on your own.
>>
>>18243060

you seriously cant hit them up on facebook? did they know what parts were their own job?
>>
File: 1486611594041.jpg (22KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
1486611594041.jpg
22KB, 313x313px
>>18243075
>professor specifically said she doesn't want any emails and that we're adults to sort out our own problems etc

>>18243080
We agreed upon what parts we were doing in class. I gave them my email, did my shit, but haven't heard from them. She specifically said she'd set up the Google slides and share it with me
>>
>>18243091

>the teacher specifically said to figure it out amongst your selves

then figure it out. add them on fucking facebook and when thery admit they didn't do their parts, screencap that and include it when your turn in your own project explaining you did your work but they did not.
you are a LITTLE at fault here in the teachers eyes if you were stupid enough to just give your email and not bother contacting them
>>
>>18243098
This.

Do your shit. How did you only give your email in this day and age? And only to one of them?

What kind of group project requires no collaboration? I had only one group project in college, and we met two or three times at least.
>>
Adding onto what these people have already said, have you not seen these people since the groups were formed? I find it hard to believe that a group project was assigned where the members would have no classes together between the initial assignment date and the due date.
>>
>>18243060
this is a valuable lesson you just learned. if youre working with other people, make sure you communicate them before the project is due to organize & plan the assignment. you will be expected to do this in the real world and no one is going to give you a sticker and a lollipop as a reward. it will be expected of you. grow the fuck up.
>>
You aint gonna like the answer anon, but if your prof is being a cunt and refuses to acknowledge that these bitches ain't pulling their end of the work, and you want a good grade, you just gonna have to suck it up and do all the work yourself. It's shit, I've had to do it a couple times, but that's life. When you're collaborating in the work place it's the same thing. Boss don't give a shit if everyone pulled their weight. Boss only gives a fuck if the job gets done. If it doesn't get done, you all get fucked.

Your options are
>Harass the shit out of these girls every way possible to try and get them to work
>Just turn in a 1/3rd done assignment and dispute the grade with the teacher later to attempt to stick it to these cunts, but risk the F
>Play it safe, just do all the work yourself, again try and dispute it to your prof later, save all receipts of you attempting to get ahold of your classmates, but risk giving those cunts an easy A.

Life sucks and isn't fair. Sometimes your only choice is allow yourself to be cheated, or fuck yourself over to prove a point.
These are your options.

also this>>18243235
You weren't very proactive on getting contact info. When I do my groups, they ain't leaving class until I have emails and phone numbers for EVERY member of the group.
(And I did manage to get my prof to change one dudes grade to an f after I showed her the literal 67 unanswered calls in my phone log over the course of a week.)
>>
>>18243265
If it's a once a week class it's pretty understandable. I take a lot of night classes due to the way my major is set up, most night classes are once a week. We'd have projects due every week, some were group projects. They were never too major though due to it only being a week.
>>
>>18243060

Group projects are created to force you to work in a similar environment to a real life workplace, where projects involve the collaboration of many people and departments.

Stop blaming "roasties" you /r9k/ sperg, and blame yourself for not getting the proper information from your peers to complete the project to your satisfaction. You deserve whatever shitty grade you get for thinking everything was just going to work itself out.

I have zero sympathy for you and I wish I was your professor.
>>
>>18243295
ugh thank you for calling the /r9k/ word vomit.
I was thinking it myself but didn't find it worth the effort to say it.
>>
File: 1485834430289.png (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1485834430289.png
8KB, 205x246px
>>18243295
>>18243280
>>18243235
>do all my work
>give them my contact info
>they do no work
>they don't contact me
>it's my fault
>>
>>18243329
You didn't get theirs so you set yourself up for this yes.

Again, welcome to the real fucking world. It's like when you go into rent a house with some friends. Your landlord is renting the HOUSE, not the rooms. If your friends don't pay their share of the rent, landlord don't give a fuck WHO pays it, you just have to pay it. And if you don't, ALL of you get kicked out.

Same goes here. Teacher don't give a fuck WHO does the work, so long as it gets done. If you don't get all the work done, you ALL get the F. Life aint fair. Sack up and take the grade you want. Like I said, if you wanna teach em then take the hit on your grade. Get an F and laugh as they get one too.
Or just do the fucking work they won't and call them the fuck out on it in front of the whole class when you go back. Socially humiliate them, let the whole class know never to work with them, get your revenge in other ways.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 160x232px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 160x232px
>>18243329
>Hand one of the two of them an email which may have be written down wrong or hard to read
>Provide absolutely no information
>Never plan to meet or actually, y'know, work together, so the project is going to feel like three separate assignments rather than a cohesive effort
>Does absolutely nothing to make sure the project is going to be completed until 8:00 Pacific time the night before the project is due
>Best effort is asking a Burmese toad enthusiast cult what he should do while also blaming women like it has anything the fuck all to do with it
>Not your fault

this is the state of our future workforce, yay
>>
>>18243341
Nah, faggots like OP will never get the job anyway and get weeded out the second he tries to point fingers when his work isn't finished

Natural selection will take them out, have faith.
>>
>>18243337
>>18243341
>"DA REAL WORL DON CARE"
Thanks for that I'm sure you're a hardened veteran of the real world

And maybe you're right but no shot I'm doing the whole project like a beta orbiter I'm presenting my part and could care less if we fail fuck these roasties
>>
>>18243350
Then take your F with pride

You don't like the advice you're given so you should probably hop back to r9k to whine some more.
>>
>>18243350

>implying I'm not a "hardened veteran of the real world" that has had to turn in group projects for work for the past 10 years
>implying i didn't make it through college already and managed to never put myself in your position
>implying i'd be too afraid to get a girl's phone number to follow up on a project and then hide behind the term "beta orbiter" like you

Take your virgin memery over to /r9k/ where we keep the rest of the useless shits. Maybe you can qualify for autismbux when you can't keep a job.
>>
>>18243361
>claims to be a hardened veteran who never did the shit I described
>gets extremely triggered by me
Kek, I sense some projection going on
>>
File: 1429926260292.jpg (107KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
1429926260292.jpg
107KB, 500x491px
>>18243368
Because he's not retarded and knows how to do it right the first time.
I've been in your shoes exactly many times and guess what kiddo, you have to reach real deep down and yank those testicles out and just do what you gotta do.

But I'm too tired to take the b8 anymore. Goodnight faggots.
OP, head on back to r9k plz
>>
>>18243368

I'm triggered by you because I have to hire a team of people in the coming month that will probably be recent college graduates, of which people like you are going to be the ones wasting my time.

Your /r9k/ memes are an immediate sign that you have a big fucking victim complex and are going to be the kind of person that wastes your bosses' time while you point fingers making excuses about whose fault it is that the project isn't complete, rather than accepting that the job needs to get done no matter the fuck what. You need to learn right the fuck now that no one is going to sympathize with you that something isn't done, or is 33.3% done - they're going to expect you to have already come to them with a solution or set of solutions to the problem. Then they can deal with the people who aren't doing their jobs at a later time.
>>
>>18243389
I'm not asking for sympathy. I'd rather go down with everyone than do 3x as much work because two people are irresponsible and probably assume they'll get away with it. Hey, maybe I'm teaching THEM a lesson to benefit the future workforce, maybe they'll pull their own weight next time because we're all going to fail the course
>>
>>18243401

Then do that. You already know the two basic options - do the project yourself, or tell the professor. Alternatively you could ask for an extension and explain that you all had a communication error that you'll fix ASAP.

But your shitty "reeeeeee roasties" nonsense is something you need to grow out of immediately. Bitterness like this is going to show in the workplace.

This is tough love, really. You need to learn a lesson from this instead of expecting 4chan and others just reinforce how unfair this is to you.
>>
>>18243417
Definitely a lesson learned in communication. And yeah I'm not actually that bitter toward them personally, just pissed that these are my options but that's life. Thanks anon
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.