[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yo /adv/ how do you deal with being a degenerate. >tfw never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1483143568273.jpg (38KB, 595x631px) Image search: [Google]
1483143568273.jpg
38KB, 595x631px
yo /adv/ how do you deal with being a degenerate.
>tfw never will be as smart as geniuses in mit and shit.
>tfw never will have 10/10 qt wife with beautiful kids.
>tfw will have to work 10 times longer to achieve what others achieve naturally

Why even bother?
>>
>>18242965
I am afraid you swapped
>>>/d/egenerate
with
>>>/b/umb

What do you want from life?
>>
>>18242965
That's called being normal.

>Why even bother?
Because even if you were an actual genius, there would be still someone smarter. Even if you had a 10/10 qt wife, there would be someone with a hotter and cuter one, and even if you could learn new skills in couple hours, there would be someone who can do it faster and started sooner.

Is there something YOU actually want and not some vague shit that others have?
>>
>>18242980
This.

There will always be someone smarter, prettier, someone who just seems to have it easier in life. Does that mean your life will be shit as a result? Only if you let it be. The more you compare your life with others, the more unhappy you will be. Part of it is because grass is greener syndrome, and part of it is because it's easy to wish you were someone else when you don't know what every aspect of their life is like.

Would you want to have the most beautiful wife of all time if she constantly cheated on you? Would you want to be the smartest man in the world if it meant dying alone?

Don't compare your life to someone else's because it's basically apples to oranges. Do what satisfies you without looking to compare to see how you should be feeling about your life.
>>
>>18242980
>>18242990
Damn you guys are right. I just wonder whether I am doing my best with my situation. I feel I bust my ass, but perhaps it isn't the most efficient at times; so it stresses me out when people who seemingly do no work can get by, and still get rewarded.

Perhaps they are actually slacking off, and I am truly trying, but its tough to continue this way, without a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am on the verge of going fully nuclear tbqhfam
>>
>>18242965
Because none of those things will give you a happy or meaningful existence outright.

I go to a peer school of MIT, and let me tell you, people here are smart but that comes with all sorts of its own issues. Family/peer/self pressure to never fuck up and always appear to have things under control, even when you're melting down. Grass isn't always greener and all that.

One of my favorite interview quotes is one with Bill Clinton, where he talks about wanting to be a saxophone player when he grew up. But he knew he'd never be as good as John Coltrane and all these famous jazz guys. Life is really about finding something you love to do - because even if you're naturally incredibly *good* at something, you'll never be *great* unless you love it -- and keeping on grinding and hustling until you hit that yellow brick road.

Kanye has an older tune called Everything I Am. I encourage you to give it a listen.
>>
>>18243003
Even the person who seems like they have the easiest life has struggles. Nobody ever lives a life completely struggle free; we've all got our demons.

All you can really do is just do you. Not what other people do, not what you think you should do based on looking at other people. We're all just trying to figure our lives out, nobody's way is the right way. If you find a partner that physically turns you on and lights up your world, it doesn't matter that someone else has a prettier wife because she'll be the prettiest person to you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.