[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else here have OCD? I'm seeing a psychiatrist next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20111016-195109.jpg (40KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
20111016-195109.jpg
40KB, 720x576px
Anybody else here have OCD? I'm seeing a psychiatrist next week and I show a lot of symptoms that are associated with it. Just looking for other people's experiences with the disorder.
>>
>>18242860
Sometimes I wonder if I've got more of the obsessions part but I don't really know diddly squat about it. What's your experience with it like?
>>
>>18242860
Do elaborate. I hear people claim OCD because they showered twice in a day one time.
>>
>>18243037
Yes. Do.

My sister has OCD. Freals.

You dont "think" you have OCD. It terrorizes your life.
>>
>>18243059
Oh, and since you were asking for experiences ill share hers.

Shes actually made huge improvements with therapy but shes extremely bottled up about it and others dont necessarily see it.

But when she leaves the house she walks around 3 times to check if shes turned off the stove the oven the microwave and whatever else could cause a fire.

Then she locks her front door, gets in her car, exits the car, unlocks the door then relocks the door. Repeat 3-5 times.

Then she goes to work. Where she is 100% sure her house has either exploded or been broken into and wont stop imagining it.
>>
>>18243071
Yep. Sounds about right. I literally do the same thing. I started making my coffee at work because I was worried I left the stove on. I would also check multiple times and there were times I was half way to work and I'd turn around to check. This has happened a few times, and I've gotten to work and turned around to go back home... I'm constantly worried I left things on.

I check that I locked the door to the house 3-4 times every morning. Things have to be in order or I don't feel comfortable so I'm always organizing and putting things away. Sometimes it's a problem because I'll put stuff away then need in later. Things have to be in alphabetical order if possible and in a neat order.

These are the things that get in the way of my daily life and actually have an immediate impact. It might seem like it's just annoying to some people and it probably is and to some it might just seem like nothing, but to me I feel really uneasy if these things occur and I don't correct them. Aside from these things and a few other quarks mine isn't all that bad but it's noticeable in my daily life and does have a small impact on my life. Things could be worse though, and the whole constantly being clean and organized can be a plus...
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.