[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most stable and guaranteed way to earn a comfy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: jobs.jpg (152KB, 1300x942px) Image search: [Google]
jobs.jpg
152KB, 1300x942px
What's the most stable and guaranteed way to earn a comfy income with limited cash initially? I want a job that'll still be around in 60+ years, and wouldn't be affected too much by recessions and changes in demand. Not interested in cooking, cleaning, or super physically intense, dangerous, and boring stuff.
>>
Become a doctor.
>>
>>18242783
Don't know about elsewhere but here there is a massive doctor surplus, mostly immigrants. Doctors have to go across the world to even make a decent wage. Same with lawyers I hear.
>>
>>18242788
Just because third world shitholes don't pay much doesn't mean it's not an amazing option. In fact it should mean it is an amazing option because even with the surplus they still manage to be one of the most stable and relatively high paying options out there.
Doctors will still be needed in 2100.
>>
>>18242795
Yeah but I don't want to go to fucking Somalia anon. Plus I'm not a fan of blood.
>>
>>18242780
Truck driver. One of the most stable jobs. Regardless of economy things need to be transported. You will be one of the jobs a recession hits last if at all.
My childhood friend is a truck driver and hes living company right now. Bought his own truck and started a business too.
>>
>>18242814
>job that'll be automated in 30 years or less
Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>18242780
Pilot it's surprisingly easy
>>
>>18242824
Yea I didn't think of that. But that's most jobs I feel like.
>>
>>18242829
>>18242824
Also afraid of heights
>>
EMT's don't make much but there's ample overtime in pretty much every company and with just 2 years of school you will become a paramedic, and they usually make a good amount.
>>
>Hey /adv/ help me find like, the perfect career path that's guaranteed to give me success across my entire working life

lol kid, no job is perfect
>>
Teacher.

There's always that meme that teacher are poor. The higher the degree you attain, the better the pay. Also specialization in a major (math teacher, etc.), you get paid more. Most principals make over 6 figures. Teachers can't be automated. Will be around in 60 years. Paid summer vacations. Pensions. A very normie and socially accepted job. Plus in college 90% of the students are qt frat girls. And if you feel like traveling you have the opportunity to get a job just teaching english in whatever country you want. Easy 8-3 hours. Paid workshop days where they usually go to happy hour after.

Seems ideal for all your specifications.
>>
>>18242780
Anything artsy. It's the only thing that is guaranteed to stay in 60+ years. Though unless you're great, it's not really stable.

Second tier of future proof jobs would be most STEM shit, just the demand is obviously going to be a lot lower over time. Taking care of the old, psychologist, EMT and the likes got a good chance to survive too.

In the end you shouldn't worry too much, when most jobs disappear it will be either a basic income utopia or a neo feudalis shithole where nothing matters, so pick whatever you want as long it's not completely retarded.
>>
>>18242885
> Teachers can't be automated.
Their numbers can be easy lowered though. Online classes make most of them obsolete already, so at best they have the human aspect, which will be attractive I guess.
>>
File: lifeishit.jpg (36KB, 808x596px) Image search: [Google]
lifeishit.jpg
36KB, 808x596px
>>18242897
>tfw got an ecology major just in time for drumpf to shut down epa
>>
>>18242904
Hey, the demand will explode after he fucks off. Besides, there are enough other countries where your skills would be wanted.
>>
>>18242909
Yeah, honestly I know you're right, it's just a scary feeling getting an email that basically says "since the epa's getting shut down, we can no longer offer a salary for this job". I'm like bitch I did my time doing unpaid internships, I ain't never going back
>>
>>18242885
Fuck that, all my old teachers were fat boring stupid thin skinned commies that I wouldn't want to ever be around again, and that's the norm in our education system

>>18242897
>basic income utopia
Free market utopia, but I get your point.

>>18242904
>write papers about how you should get paid more because the world is going to end if you don't
Should've chosen a real job
>>
>>18242936
What do you consider to be a real job?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.