[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ever okay to abandon family? I'm at the end of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 048722.png (338KB, 568x432px) Image search: [Google]
048722.png
338KB, 568x432px
Is it ever okay to abandon family?
I'm at the end of my rope with my pothead brother. I let him stay in my home because I love him. But I can't do it anymore. Constantly worrying what a grown man is doing in my house, what he's stealing, etc.
If I kick him out he's going nowhere but the streets, but I feel like it's time to do it.

Will I forgive myself if he dies or gets locked up out there? What would my (not here anymore) father say? This is making it hard to breathe /adv/. I have to do it eventually but i'm nervous
>>
>>18242486
You're responsible for no one's happiness but your own. As much as you'd like to help him out he can only help himself. You already know you have to kick him out, but you don't want to, understandably. Tough love is tough for a reason, but you have to give him the choice to keep going or give up. It isn't yours to make.
lol this post reads like a montage of shitty fb posts.
>>
>>18242486
>>
>>18242486
I feel ya. My brother is a lazy fucking bastard who is living off our dad and he pisses me off with his complete inability to act as an adult and take responsibility. He's wasting his life away on being a bum. Anyway, I've sort of accepted that it's his life and if he wants to waste it then that's too bad. I've tried talking to him. I don't want to make this about me but I just thought that you should know you're not alone with being stuck with a shitty sibling. Can't imagine how much worse you're having it. I bet you've tried to talk to him about it and to be honest, what else can you do?

Life gets shitty sometimes, you may slip apart. Some things aren't within your control. I can't give you much advice though. Stay strong, buddy.
>>
>>18242486

he made his choices. its not your fault for not carrying him.
>>
You don't choose your family so the guarantee that they're worthy people of compassion is slim.

“The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.”
>>
>>18242486
>Is it ever okay to abandon family?
Yes.
Two major times. The first if if he or she does something seriously wrong to the family. You molest a little cousin, you're out of the family.
The second time is for their own good. Some people will simply not learn until they have to. Making your brother survive on his own may be the only way he learns to survive. Otherwise you are simply enabling his drug use like the person who feeds her 800 lb kid is enabling his obesity.
>>
>>18242486
At this point you're enabling his behaviour and making yourself miserable at the same time. You are helping no one by letting things continue as they are.

Your brother needs to learn how to cope with life on his own. You won't always be there to hold his hand and give him a free place to stay. If kicking him out is the only way he'll learn then you have to kick him out.
>>
>>18242535
>>18242486
this is me too but my brother is both autistic and blind in one eye so he's been fucked from the beginning. i feel like all i can do for him is keep him entertained until he keels over
>>
Not OP,
Is kicking out a family member who has mental illness but refuses to do anything for themselves, acts like a cunt to you and your whole family but is an attention whore to people she thinks are cool, and drains you of your money and won't do anything around the house or get a job and expects everyone in the house to do everything for her worth kicking out when they turn 18? Just curious because it's coming up
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.