[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents told me that I can't get anywhere in this life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: YrXbtSE.jpg (372KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
YrXbtSE.jpg
372KB, 1803x1351px
My parents told me that I can't get anywhere in this life without a college degree so I did my best and got on one of the best universities of my country.
But the only thing I want in life is being comfy, I do not want to form a family nor being wealthy, I just want to have a peaceful, relaxing life by myself. Can I achieve that even if I drop out? (I'm from Chile, btw sorry for my poor english)
>>
you can't achieve it if you DON'T drop out
>>
>>18242387
>comfy
You will grow out from this phase eventually and then you wish you finished your school when you will be slowly wasting your time in job you hate in order to survive.

Just endure it and study. You can fail anytime.
>>
File: SG_IAMHere_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg (41KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
SG_IAMHere_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg
41KB, 340x450px
>>18242387
>>
comfy is just a code word for boring desu
>>
What degree? How far in?
>>
>>18242387
>I do not want to form a family nor being wealthy, I just want to have a peaceful, relaxing life by myself.
How old are you? Good chance that whatever you want now and desire for your future, will sound absolutely idiotic in couple years.

>Can I achieve that even if I drop out?
Depends on what exactly you want and what are you willing to do for it. Say you're fine with absolute minimum, just immigrate to some EU country. If you want more, get some skills that allow you to work from home. Etc.
>>
File: 1492581437929.jpg (25KB, 672x478px) Image search: [Google]
1492581437929.jpg
25KB, 672x478px
>>18242505
SO MUCH THIS.

It really fucking pains me when I read teenagers or early 20s kids writing things like this. WHERE DO YOU THINK ALL THOSE MISERABLE BROKE 35+ YEAR OLDS COME FROM? THEY WERE ALL YOU ONCE. YOU ARE YOUNG AND FUCKING STUPID, LISTEN TO SOMEONE WHO HAS LIVED LIFE FOR A WHILE AND SEE WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT YOUR DUMBASS CHILDISH DREAMS.

Btw my coworker is from chile,and he's very glad he studied and works IT in the US.
>>
>>18242666
>WHERE DO YOU THINK ALL THOSE MISERABLE BROKE 35+ YEAR OLDS COME FROM?
From doing what others told them. Now they have a degree, a house, a job, a dog, wife and kids and are still miserable shits.
>>
>>18242675
Contrary to miserable peoples' beliefs, the vast majority of people aren't miserable.
>>
>>18242675
That's not being broke, idiot.
>>
>>18242743
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/why-do-people-hate-their-jobs-in-their-30s
http://www.businessinsider.com/what-do-you-do-when-you-hate-your-job-2010-10?IR=T
Would be a start. Then add depression, burnout and rising substance abuse, which are pretty common and obvious symptoms of misery. If you're really interested, you can easy find the links to the studies.

Just for the record, I do find OPs idea dumb too but it's just as dumb listening to others without making sure that what you get also applies to you and your situation just because they might have more experience. Often it's experience limited to their own surroundings and not really applicable for others.

>>18242748
As long you have a job paying off the mortgage and whatever other debts you have. Then your company downsizes and ... well, welcome to poorfaggotory. Only that now you have it harder to get hired because you're overqualified for 90% of the jobs and have to move over half the country for 5% of them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.