[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been severely depressed for a couple of years now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1479631161141.jpg (55KB, 640x774px) Image search: [Google]
1479631161141.jpg
55KB, 640x774px
I've been severely depressed for a couple of years now.
Last year I applied for a college course and got in. It made me feel great honestly. I got good grades and got along really well with both teacher and classmates. In general it really lifted my spirits.
Now everything has been taking a turn for the worse, starting this semester. Right away something felt... off, about the new teacher. It seems like everything I say, she takes the wrong way, almost like it is on purpose (it probably isn't though). Long story short, we just don't get along all that well. At least from my perspective.
Anyway, what was once a source of joy for me has now become something I dread. I hate sitting down to study. Studying is just something I need to get out of the way before I can do something else. Is that really how it's supposed to be? Of couse, I realize studying is hard work - but should it really be something that makes you feel awful about yourself? I can feel myself literally sinking back down into depression for each day that goes by.

The thing is - my family and other people close to me have been praising me so much for doing this course. It seems like they're really proud of me. I don't really have a lot going on in my life (barely anything actually) so it feels good to get their compliments.
I don't want to disappoint them. But I absolutely hate myself right now, and this stupid course. I feel horrible.

What do I do?!
>>
You let one bad professor totally throw your whole universe out of whack?

You've got WAY bigger issues than school.
>>
>>18241899
>You've got WAY bigger issues than school.
Yes, obviously. You're not helping at all though.
>>
>>18241903
>Yes, obviously.

Clearly it's not all that obvious to you because you made a thread about your difficulties with school which is a symptom of the problem, not the actual problem.
>>
>>18241911
Are you kidding me? My post begins with me saying that "I have been severely depressed for years". Of course it is obvious to me.
So in your world I should have posted about my depression instead? I don't need advice on that.
>>
>>18241920
>Are you kidding me? My post begins with me saying that "I have been severely depressed for years"

Right, and then you go on to describe a scenario that is clearly the result of you being prone to depression but -- and maybe I'm misunderstanding you -- want advice on how to deal with it without that addressing the depression.

You seem to know what the real issue is, so I'm confused as to what kind of advice you want.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.