[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >21 y/o anon >feel like shit because i never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1405951871528.jpg (197KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
1405951871528.jpg
197KB, 500x641px
>be me
>21 y/o anon
>feel like shit because i never had the stereotypical "teen" lifestyle

basically anons, i feel like i've wasted my life from when i was like 14-19, my parents were never together so i used to move around a lot as a child and i never could make friends that easily, this led on to me not getting too close with anyone and when i went to high school and i suffered because of it.
never did the "cool" stuff that every teen seems to have done like have a gf, smoke weed, hang out in general with their peers etc.

i'm in my early 20s and i feel like i've just fucking wasted that entire part of my life because if I were to do most of that stuff now, I'd be seen as a social freak.

i can't talk to my irl friends or family about it because they'd just laugh at me.

is this a big deal or am i just blowing things out of proportion?

tl;dr i feel like shit because i never had friends in high school and did any "teen" things.
>>
>>18241519
Who cares? Fun starts when you're in your 20's. Stop being such a bitch and get on with your life. Go out make everything you missed out on happen.
>>
>>18241519
Similar person here, I regret that I had that lifestyle. I used to smoke weed, have a gf, hang out, drink and stuff like that. Now I regret it and feel like I have wasted that part of my life. You have not missed anything from my point of view except of socialization part, but better for you if you have not done that things that early. Now you are more mature and the fun just started.
>>
>>18241558
>>18241569
thanks lads, i went away to think about it for awhile and i think i just needed to hear that out loud, cheers
>>
Don't dwell on it, the teens are awkward and horrible years for lots of people. You may not have partied and did drugs as a teen, but at least you didn't try to kill yourself or get bullied into a life long depression.

I have similar thoughts when I compare myself to my gf (we're 23). She partied in hs, did drugs, hung out with a cool crowd, football players etc. I was in a smaller, close-knit nerd crew who played way too much vidya. She and all her friends ended up in community college, and are working retail/waiting tables right now. Future not looking too bright. I got into a really good Uni, and now I get to intern across the country and make tons of $.

I picture it as a trade off, and I would never trade my current success/situation for a few high school parties. Make the best of your current life and high school won't mean shit for the rest of your life.
>>
>>18241788
yeah i'm getting my shit together from here on out, its nice to hear from someone else in the same position though
>>
>>18241519
>hanging with retarded self-conscious teens
>doing drugs out of peer pressure instead pure enjoyment
>having short lived relationships with retarded self-conscious teens
Yeah, you sure missed a lot.
>>
File: Tryin real hard not to laugh.jpg (34KB, 617x581px) Image search: [Google]
Tryin real hard not to laugh.jpg
34KB, 617x581px
>>18241519
When people laugh at you it's usually for a reason.
>>
>>18241519
The only good thing from that time were some friendships I formed, the rest of my memories are negative. I just hated to be in my skin and nothing I did felt right
>>
>basically anons, i feel like i've wasted my life from when i was like 14-19

Well doesn't everyone?

My teen years were miserable until I was 18. I only hanged around my cousins friends but I always felt like I was just orbiting him. Hell, even today, if I meet one of those guys, I feel my only connection to them is my cousin, and it's been 10 years...

Only after that I started having my own life and friendships. You're still 21, you have a TON of shit to do, I have friends who are almost 30 and still go to tons of parties and whore around. Not that they are any type of rolemodel, but I'd say you can do that easily until 25 and still have a pass

You're young as fuck yet OP, go get what you want. out of life
>>
Agree with the other posters ITT. I know virtually no one who really lived it up in their teens. Even the people I've known who would've looked to me like they had the time of their life at that age, say they have much more fun now because they used to be way too image conscious and insecure as teenagers to actually let loose.

Being in your early twenties is like being the kind of teenager everyone wants to be as a teen and virtually no one is. Acne cleared up, you are able to present yourself better because you know more about who you are, some insecurity has faded, you have more money, freedom and maybe even live on your own without needing to answer to anyone.

I think most people experience their teens as longing for stuff you either don't get to enjoy at all, or only briefly taste. It's like looking forward to adulthood more than anything else.
>>
Watch The Inbetweeners
If you are empathetic enough boom you just acquired this expirience
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.