[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that any time you talk about all the problems women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1293893999883.jpg (221KB, 787x783px) Image search: [Google]
1293893999883.jpg
221KB, 787x783px
Why is it that any time you talk about all the problems women go through, you just get explosive reactions from people? I'm recently banned from one of my favorite dance communities for this.

A topic came up about why men don't often dance with other men. And one person, a white male, who is probably the quietest in the entire community, mentioned that since he's been a "survivor" on multiple occasions, he tends to be reluctant when getting close to men (or others for that matter). And I told him that this may be so, but women still have it worse than him. That for women, this is a consistent and pervasive issue constantly policing their lives. That it's a perpetual and unending risk whenever they go; even some place familiar. And that as a white male, he still has it easier.

Immediately, this erupted into a huge argument from the entire room. The guy I was telling this to, right away, become angry and started shouting at me; he even started getting close to me in a threatening manner. And began bellowing about how offensive what I said to him was, how much an insult and "salt in the wound" it is to experiences he "rarely feels comfortable" talking about (his words -- not mine). And got close enough to shout in my ear that I "can go straight up fuck" myself for what I said. All before he grabbed his things and stormed out.

The argument didn't stop there. Virtually everyone was going at each other's throats, mine in particular; and I had to leave the room physically shaking. When I tried to complain to the heads of the community about what happened, and how threatening to my physical safety this guy was, they just wouldn't listen, and pinned the entire debacle on me. So somehow, despite all I was trying to do was to educate somehow on all the problems women go through, trying to educate to someone why he has it easier than most, that his experiences are negligible in comparison, I'M THE ONE IN TROUBLE and with a month-long ban. :/
>>
>>18241112
Bait thread. I'll give you the one reply you need: You took what was probably a very painful thing to share and made it all about you. You are a narcissist.
>>
File: 1491526797565.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1491526797565.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>
>>18241115
>You took what was probably a very painful thing to share and made it all about you. You are a narcissist.
This so much.
>>
Please be a troll. If not, you really overstepped your boundaries. Any time you talk about who has it worse when it comes to very personal issues like these, you're pretty much insulting other people. It might be true, but it's still a slap in the face regardless. If he was using his experiences to invalidate others and say *he* has it worse, *than* you have a case to call him out on. Other than that, what you did was offensive and bigoted. And even if someone does have it easier than so many others, their suffering is still personally genuine and legitimate to them; no matter how stupid it appears.

>>18241118
Kek'd.
>>
>>18241112
Was his name Hugh Mungus?
>>
>>18241112
>>
>>18241112
It's not a problem that you 'spoke about women's issues'.
The problem is that you made a broad sweeping statement about gender and race in an attempt to decry others who do the same.
They reacted to your idiotic hypocrisy.
You basically showed them that you lack the self awareness required to see that you perpetuate your own hatred.
Please choose your words carefully next time.
>>
>>18241112
You fucked up. You were openly rude to the guy and he retaliated. You don't know how hard that particular man has it, and therefore you have to right to say that he has it easier than women. He might be a man who has it more difficult than most women.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.