[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys need some advice. I'm a 25 year old Catholic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Hey guys need some advice.

I'm a 25 year old Catholic business owner. I've worked hard for 3 years, over 80 hours a week to get where I'm at now. I make ok money, but it's not worth it, and doesn't fulfill me anymore.

Lately I've been considering entering the seminary, and becoming a priest. Does anyone have advice for me? All my friends and family think that I would make a good priest, but they also said they can't see me not having children in the future.

I'm also the only child that will be having children, if I decided to get married.

Any advice helps.
>>
What kind of business?
>>
>>18240376
My uncle is a Catholic priest who smokes weed and fucks hookers. Also god isnt real get a nice gf.
>>
>>18240392
Oh he told my mom at my first communion party he was in love with a hooker
>>
>>18240388
Engineering. I own a little firm.
>>
no hot box

so text me 5593525349
>>
My only advice would be to be 100% sure you'd be able to live that sort of life. Being held to higher standards in general, speaking to an audience, etc.
Other then that, go for it. You're still young, and if preaching about God's love is a passion for you, then do it.
>>
>>18240832
It is a passion of mine for sure. And you are very correct about the level of commitment i would have to give.

Is it stupid to be drawn to it out of fear of regret? I don't want to wake up one day when I'm 90 and say "man, I should have been a priest"
>>
I'm pretty sure that being a priest is like a weekend thing. You can continue your job and then just stop having hobbies.

>Catholic
>Engineer
Odds are that you're a Mexican.
>>
>>18240895
Nope, I'm white as shit. Convert.
>>
>>18240376
>priest
>having children
wot m8
>>
>>18240376
i am an atheist, but here is my 5 cents for what its worth:

i know how it feels to be left without any spiritual support. some people seek it in religion, some people seek it by travelling the world, some people just roll with it.
i understand the value in belief, and feeling a full via a spiritual belief.

go with it man, as long as it makes you happy. and don't give a shit when people tell you hove to live your life. as far as i know, there is no correct way.

if you are looking for the religious implications of the plan you are thinking, i am not your guy.
>>
>>18240376
> doesn't fulfill me anymore.
Focus on figureing the answer to that out, unless you do you might be having the same albeit more painful conversation 3 years down the line.

>I'm also the only child that will be having children, if I decided to get married.

Would that mean if you became a preist you would end your family name and line?
>>
>>18240376
27-year-old non-religious ex-Methodist here.

Start a traveling all-boy choir group. Make some REAL money bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km5KXNZOwqs
>>
>>18241015
Yes, my family line would end. I could still inherit my family's estate as a priest though, and hopefully will it to a cousin or something.

This is the big thing that's kicking my ass. I don't know what to put first.

Keep in mind, this is a big reason for my hesitation.
>>
>>18241015
Also, yes you're correct. I think I need to find out what I really want most. It would be terrible to realise that the priesthood is not for me after being ordained. I don't know how I could live with myself breaking my vows.
>>
do you prefer being a cuck that gets real life dollars to spend in real life or being a cuck that gets invisible dollars that you get to spend when you die?
>>
File: 2017-04-20 02.39.47 am.png (41KB, 185x174px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-20 02.39.47 am.png
41KB, 185x174px
>>18241094
>I don't know how I could live with myself breaking my vows.

You're a virgin... aren't you.
>>
>>18241123
Nope, I wish I was though.
>>
Why is perpetuating your family line so important?
>>
>>18241094
you either commit to it fully, or just cash out on it because everyone gets baptized/married/dies all the time so there will be a good cash flow no matter what you pick. God put you on earth to do YOU and not everyone elses bidding.
>>
>>18240376
Don't become a priest for want of anything better to do. You need a positive calling.

If you don't like the high pressure of owning your own business, work for someone else in a field you enjoy, without the pressures. Or if you want to do Good Works, use your abilities in the charity or social services sector.
>>
>>18240876
I'm certain everyone at some point will question their choices on what could have been. Not stupid to consider that.
And not everyone has the opportunity to be in a career they're passionate about.
Alongside with you're amazing work ethic you listed above, it sounds like you'd be a great priest.
>>
>>18240392
Why can't you be more like your brother? >>18240982
>>
>>18241834
For sure, that's great advice. I've talked to the vocation director for my diocese, and filled him in. He suggested that I attend a discernment program to figure out my calling.

Basically, I'll be shadowing priests every now and then to get a feel for their daily lives. They also suggested that I move into a discernment house, which will surround me with other seminarians. I guess most people figure out if it's for them in this house. You learn real quick if your priest material when you have to get up at 6 for holy hour, and pray the liturgy of the hours.

Hopefully i find out what I'm supposed to do soon. Interestingly enough, some nice traditional catholic girls heard I was interested in seminary, and they all started to talk to me, as if their interested in dating me. Maybe I'll find a wife soon? At any rate, thanks for the advice guys. Please pray for me.
>>
>>18241652
It's important to me because my family has owned a farm for over 200 years. We have many awards and meet with our state senators and governor often for dinner. It's a big deal in my shit hole home state. I just wouldn't want to disappoint my family by ending it.
>>
Becoming a priest is a lot like getting married
You really need to feel this was what was meant to be
>>
>>18240376
>willing becoming a subject of an alleged omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent being.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.