[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you're too much of a brainlet for the STEM meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1492391249706.jpg (36KB, 246x274px) Image search: [Google]
1492391249706.jpg
36KB, 246x274px
>tfw you're too much of a brainlet for the STEM meme
>tfw you're now an Economics major and History minor
>tfw only 3.0 GPA
How fucked am I?
I found CS really boring and tedious. I got a B in my first CS class but I really don't want to stick with it, no passion for it. History interests me but the only option is to become a teacher with that. Is Economics a good choice?
>>
>>18240174
Too many people get hung up on their degree/major. Yes, a specialized degree can open doors and some jobs require a related degree, but there are tons of people working in good jobs totally unrelated to their education.

I have a psych BA, but I am a cyber security analyst. I have never had a psych related job, but I have a passion for computers and technology and was able to work my way from tech support to my current career.
>>
>>18240174
IMO go for history. Better low wage with something you actually give a shit about than forcing yourself every day for the rest of your life
>>
Fyi, economics uses a lot of calculus if you go to a good school.
I had to study linear algebra, calculus, multivariable calculus, differential equations, statistics and probability, and now econometrics. Many people think you don't use any mathematics in this career, so they join in without knowing what to expect.
T. Economics major.
>>
>>18240346
I mean I'm not the best at math but not absolutely terrible when I work at it. I got a C+ in calc I
>>
>>18240451
Do you really think you'd like to be the person with the lowest understanding in the room for the rest of your professional life?
>>
I've been having the same issue, I'm a history nerd but I *absolutely* do not want to be a teacher. I'm thinking about going into biology or some other program and eventually med school.

I thought about going into economics, but I suck at math.
>>
>>18240772
My cousin has a history degree and is the head of HR at his company. Degree has nothing to do with most people's occupation. Do you really believe that everyone who majors in the 3 most popular degrees, history, english and communications become teachers?
>>
>>18240786
No. Some might become baristas or Denny's waiters.
>>
>>18240790
The losers will, but motivated people will succeed, and find something that suits them, regardless of degree.
>>
File: literallyme.jpg (65KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
literallyme.jpg
65KB, 600x599px
Posting in this thread because I am currently in engineering (end of sophomore year) but am miserable and want out. I'm currently considering majoring in this thing that, as a major, is basically useless, but has you take a minor in something that becomes your job. At heart, I want to be a comedian, and I hope that switching to this program, called STS, will give me more free time to be able to try and hone/study that skill. My minor would be in CAD which is a fine job, but not what I want to do.

I can do the engineering work, like I am currently passing, but I don't enjoy it at all (I.E. with gun to my head I could finish it). What should I do? I hear all the time that it doesn't really matter what you major in but I feel like lacking direction is a one-way ticket to the poor house.
>>
I'm in cs but I think I hate programming

I don't know what else to do though aside from going to a community college back home for their really good nursing program but I feel like that's a risk because I'd have to transfer and I've never really made a decision for myself I just have gone with the flow of life
>>
>>18240231
How did you go from psychology to cyber security analyst? Quite a jump.
>>
>>18241973
Company probably needed a non mega autist
>>
You can never be more fucked than I am.

Literature degree here.

Not really. Already working in /gd/ for a decent pay.
>>
>>18241979
Your knowledge of Shakespeare and the modern arts will be integral for when the beta uprising begins we will need philosophers to spread the message.
>>
>>18241973
>>18241977
By the time I graduated, I'd soured on the thought of continuing my education or taking something in the psych field. I've always been into computers/tech as a hobby, so I thought I could turn those skills into a job. I started out doing support, which is essentially a customer service job, so selling myself on my people skills helped me land the job. Then I was just really great at my job, got a promotion, studied a bunch and told my boss I wanted to move into one of the engineering teams or network operations. He suggested the cyber security thing. The fact that I was a trusted employee, had a great reputation and showed that I was a quick learner outweighed the fact that I didn't have any experience in the field.
>>
>>18242056
Fuck you!!!#
>>
>meme acronyms
why are americans so funny
>>
>>18241946
Hate
>>
>>18242056
Good on you man. Sounds like gainful work.

>>18242436

t. salty autist

It's not as hard as you think to be likable and a respectable person. It's mostly just listening.
>>
>>18244389
>>18242432
Meant to link to that.
>>
>>18244393
Nope
>>
I'm sad
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.