[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short, my grandmother passed away, and now I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: overwatch-ed.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-ed.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
Long story short, my grandmother passed away, and now I have 330k. I have no idea what to do as of right now. I cant afford a house where I live, my job is not high paying enough for a mortgage. Im thinking of just living my life as I was but just spend more time doing what I want and making sure my kids upbringing is better than mine was? The only people who know this as of right now are my dad, his 2 brothers, and my sister.
>>
>>18239107

how much is a house where you live? 330k is enough to get a really nice house in most places. my parents live in oregon and their house is being sold for about 330 k and its like a mini mansion with a pool and everything.

i highly recommend spending it on your living place becuase, save for property tax, you'd be living life in a nice home that you never have to pay rent on it, so you'll have lots of cash from your jobs to take care of your family and of course money to actually decorate the home.

it might be worth moving imo, and even if its not, you can at least put 330 k down on a home and just pay the rest off in mortgage. where do you live that you cant afford a house even if 330k is already paid off?
>>
>>18239112
houses where I live are 600-750k (london)
>>
>>18239112
when/how do I tell my wife? Basically once I tell her the money is pretty much hers lol
>>
>>18239122

well since you are married shes legally entitled to half of it, technically. but idk. immediately? never? when you have a plan?

while technically it is half hers, if shes bitch enough to waste it then you just keep it in a private account. if shes willing to divorce over that, then you're lucky to have this issue divide you now.

if you put 330k down on a cheaper house of 600k, that leaves only 270k, which is 750 a month before interest.

is that really too much for you to afford as a joint couple?

regardless you can always move further away from the city.
>>
>>18239107
Money are RESOURCE. If you dont need them and feel like not gambling them in anyway, just put them on some low shit interest bank account.

>>18239117
And properties in london are overpriced as fuck. Bit it is stil better to consider paying mortage for a while than paying rent forever.

>>18239122
>wife
She owns 50% already. And if your wife is good person, there is no reason to hide such fact from her. And if you are afraid of your wife greed, why have you maried her in the first place?
>>
>>18239129
no no shes a really wonderful woman, what I meant was shes going to have alot of ideas and I love her too much to say no. not like shopping sprees, but like moving to a cheaper area maybe. but ive lived here my whole life I really dont know where i'll move to. all my family and friends live here too.
750 a month is a stretch, I work on a zero hour contract, at minimum wage, one week I can get 20+ hours, the next week I will have 0 hours. She used to work as a receptionist at a dentist but it closed down and she is having difficulty finding another job, plus she has motherly duties to do, something in which i cannot come close to how good a job she does
>>
What the fuck, where do people who work in London live? The solution here is easy, buy a house, nobody can ever take it away. Would you need a car if you moved out of the city?
>>
>>18239162
I have no idea, I have never been out of the city, I am only 26 lol
>>
>>18239149

well you can use it to cushion your lifestyle, but one day that money will likely run out and you'll be really used to a good life without any way to fund it.

i understand loving your home, especially in a city, but if you move you an get a house that no one can ever take away from you, one that you could sell if you so choose and take that same amount of money or even more and go off somewhere else as well. it would allow a permanent way to let all your cash income go towards your family instead of where you live.

whats your rent right now?
>>
>>18239167
Read >>18239172
Dude get the house for God's sake, find a place you can stomach and buy a home that nobody can take away.
>>
>>18239172
my rent right now is really low, government assisted as my wife is unemployed and I am on very low wages, before it was 900 pm now its like 250 from us, and the governement helps with the rest. yes it is shameful
>>
>>18239176

not shameful, but also not supportable. if im not mistaken your actual bank information is taken into account for benefits, so once they find out you have 330k you are going to lose that benefit and would have 900 again. which is actually MORE than if you just bought a house for 600k and paid interest.

plus if you bought a house you wouldn't need to put the full 330k down right away. you could say, pay off 200k, and then use the 100k to support your self while you train or school or simply apply for better more consistent jobs
>>
>>18239198
Thank you sir
>>
>>18239198
Or you could not be a JEW FAGGOT paying a bunch of money to a bank when there are people who have houses that cost a lot less than 330k who live and work around London. This is a watershed moment in your life. When you already have a house, life is on easy mode from that point forward.
>>
>>18239221

hes claiming there are no houses for less than 600k. im not from london so i wouldnt know, but if i had to guess its like any city, depends on the neighborhood.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.