[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no idea what I want to do with my life. What does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1492438349882.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492438349882.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
I have no idea what I want to do with my life. What does /adv/ do for a living?
>>
>>18239013
I travel, work, play music and fuck when i have the possibility. I'm always in constant danger of falling into poverty since i always quit jobs, give everything for the people i love and i have very few friends, and my family is far away and can't help me, but i still keep fighting.
It's not a comfortable life but it keeps me alive in every sense.
>>
>>18239013
Google
>online career test

Try few of them and see for yourself what will catch your interest.
>>
>>18239028
My buddy does this and I don't know how fucking does it. It's like he's living in some quirky coming of age movie and I envy him.
>>
>>18239013

I manage a psychic. Sometimes I do advertising and consulting for other smaller businesses as well to bring in extra cash
>>
>>18239049
I don't even know how i'm doing it, it's been 2 months since i don't work, i changed countries 2 times, three times in the last year, i have some savings, i already notified my landlord that i will move in ten days, and i don't even know where i will be living to be honest.
Of course i have some plans in my head, but i still didn't do anything, things often get together easily if you don't care too much. Life is as hard as you want it to be. All problems i had in my life were because i was too fool to see that the solution was much simpler.
Of course the only problem is "growing" up economically, when you don't plan too much, sometimes you have to deal with living shitty times for a while, and then it's up to you if you decide to "grow" or keep living.
IMO you have to be absolutely deprived of life to "grow", you have to be cynical and cold, and self interested. The best people i've met in this life wasn't precisely in the university or managing companies but working in shitty places.
>>
>>18239013
Private security contractor. Boring 99% of the time, scary and exciting that 1%, pays pretty well.
>>
>>18239013
Student rn, studying computer science to become a video game developer or just a general programmer.
>>
>>18239013
>What does /adv/ do for a living?
What I do doesn't provide me a "living." It provides me an existence/survival at best.

I am a computer lab assistant at a community college. I studied a whole year to earn IT certifications and this is the best I could do? I don't even use the knowledge here that I learned! It has mostly atrophied because of this job. Management treats us like shit, condones workplace bullying, and I have workplace hazards I have to put up with every fucking day!
>>
Geologist working for consulting firm. Get to travel a lot, mostly to contaminated sites where I oversee drillers and samplers. Oversight is pretty boring, so I prefer the jobs where I'm actually out and about sampling soil/water.

Fine job if you don't have too much going on at home. Unfortunately, I have a wife and 2 dogs so travel can be irritating at times.
>>
I work as a metal finisher in a shop that makes beer breweries and distilleries. Shit manual labour job but it's good money considering the little work I have to do. I make about 45k. I take the summers off to coach sailing to kids, definitely a lot more fun. I'm also going to school to become a teacher because fuck blue collar work, it drains your health and saps your spirit.
>>
Paralegal with a personal injury firm. Boring as fuck. After some time I stopped seeing clients as people. I hate my job.
>>
I'm a gallery manager in Manhattan. It's a comfy job and I work hard (partially commission based salary). However, I'm working for my parents which comes with stigma. Knowing my parents, I know they would let me go if I was being a lazy shit and mooching but I understand alot of people look at working for the family like getting money unconditionally.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.