[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am trying to decide how public I should be about my moms murder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: w 1399170899443.jpg (469KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
w 1399170899443.jpg
469KB, 2880x1800px
I am trying to decide how public I should be about my moms murder trial.

She was murdered by her boyfriend in 2011, police botched the evidence and its taken till this year to go to trial. I have had to tell everyone that she committed suicide for the last 6 years. But the boyfriend was caught in the last 24 hours and charged with 2nd degree,

I have a good 60 friends or so on facebook and most are pretty close. I dont know if I should tell them. It will be a public trial and I would rather say something over people hearing gossip. But its also pretty personal and I dont want to seem like im whoring for attention.
>>
Unless it's a high profile case, people aren't going to know. And I don't see any reason for you to go around telling people even if it is.
>>
>>18238090
You are right on the first point. The 2nd is that I do have a fairly small network of friends. Its difficult having people to talk to because my brother and father hate the subject. I might be over reacting at the moment, but I feel like I have been sitting on a huge lie for 6 years and its been driving me nuts.
>>
>>18238112
There's a difference between talking over something painful with someone you trust and broadcasting your life to the internet for attention. Facebook muddies this process immensely, but maybe don't go wide announcement. If there's friends you really want to know what's going on, you should probably tell them in person anyway. If you don't care about them enough to tell them in person, it's probably not their business.
>>
>>18238112
Then I would suggest telling people who are important to you, and not bothering to tell other people. Let them come to you if they see the case and want to know, but chances are they'll feel uncomfortable asking you and you can go on living your life.

No need to broadcast it on the internet, just tell people who you think need to know.
>>
>>18238138
>>18238129
If I did it via facebook, it would mostly be to tell like 20 or so friends that I have lost contact with, such as them moving away, For example I had a really good friend who was my best friend 4th grade though college and now I dont hear from him anymore. Also had a female friend
who I talked about everything with, But she moved away and is in a relationship now. Boyfriend didnt like me talking to her, so I stopped.

The whole thing is fucked, I want my friends back that knew my mom.
>>
>>18238167
Tell people you think should know, privately. Message them privately on Facebook, or get their contact details and call them or whatever. There's just no need to make a status about it.

Also what sort of relationship are you in where your boyfriend won't let you talk to your friends?
>>
>>18238170
For your first point I probably will.

Not that I would say anything negative about him to her, but he thinks he is hot shit because he is a mid level manager at a HomeDepo. We used to talk all the time and now its down to just Birthdays and Christmas.
>>
>>18238167
This sounds like 2 separate issues. You're trying to use this horrible news as a way to lure people that you've lost contact with back into your life. That's both horribly disingenuous and not a little manipulative. If you want your friends back, you should tell them that. Don't play on your horrible circumstances for sympathy points.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.