[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made the mistake of becoming intimate with someone from work.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1464071987880.gif (2MB, 395x313px) Image search: [Google]
1464071987880.gif
2MB, 395x313px
I made the mistake of becoming intimate with someone from work.

Initially, we clicked really well, but two months later, she broke it off because of politics. I've seen her from far away a few times in a large office that we work in because her cubicle is a few rows away from mine. Today was the first time since the breakup that I directly encountered her. I was walking into work, turned the corner, and she was walking toward me. When our eyes met, she immediately smiled and mouthed the word, "hey," (very similar to how she would greet me before the breakup) but this time, she quickly looked at the ground. Aside from walking, I didn't react in anyway and stared at her for the most part. As I was getting ready to turn into my cubicle aisle, I simultaneously looked away and made a minor move with my lip as the acknowledgement of her greeting.

How should I behave around her? Was my response written above appropriate?

pic semi related.
>>
bump

I think I didn't react because I'm still not too happy about what happened. Things were going very well, but changed suddenly.
>>
its over lad
you could try beating around the bush if you really want to
dont analyze these things, they dont matter

behave however you want, she either already have a boifriend like you were or in the process of getting one
>>
>>18237845
Just pretend that nothing ever happened, obviously
>>
>>18237939
I've accepted the breakup for the most part. A small part of me still has feels. I was mainly asking in regards to a professional setting. E.g. do I say hi if she greets me? Etc.

>>18237945
I was mostly planning this route, but I was a bit surprised she acknowledged me at work.
>>
>>18237939 #
I've accepted the breakup for the most part. A small part of me still has feels. I was mainly asking in regards to a professional setting. E.g. do I say hi if she greets me? Etc.

>>18237945 #
I was mostly planning this route, but I was a bit surprised she acknowledged me at work.
>>
>>18237962
Just act like you don't give a shit dude.

I dated a chick in my senior english class and she dumped me on valentines day. I continued to sit next to her for the rest of the semester and pretended it didn't bother me.

Another time I fucked a chick from one of my early retail jobs for a while. Then she realized that I didn't actually care about her and started talking mad shit behind my back. I'm pretty sure she had bpd. I just acted like it didn't matter and people liked me well enough that nothing bad came of it since I was a better worker and nicer person than her.

Another time at a different job I asked a girl out and she was very nervous and introverted. It didn't go well because I need someone who talks as much as me. I pretended nothing happened and continued making jokes and speaking to her like nothing happened after that.

Another time I asked a girl out who had flirted with me at work and we fucked up the date and miscommunicated which day to meet. Then I pretended it didn't happen and didn't ask her out again.

Just act like it doesn't bother you. Act like you did before anything happened between you. Say hi to her, joke, act like nothing happened. I used spite to do so back with that dumping in high school. I had fee fees but I have more spiteful pride to force myself through it.
>>
>>18237973
One part of me is tempted to just be friendly with her because it was nice having a friend at work. We used to go on breaks together, joke around, and just talk about whatever. But I think this might be overstepping your suggestion because I'd be getting too friendly and not distant enough. Thoughts?

The other part of me wants to ignore her and pretend I don't know her like nothing ever happened.
>>
>>18238073

What's your work?
>>
>>18238088
I work in a large office as a business analyst. Why?
>>
why wouldn't you be friends at work? because you've seen her in lingerie? do you see her wearing her lacy underwear in her cubicle? She's just like any other coworker now and apparently you get along well with her so be friends.
>>
>>18238118
I thought most former couples avoid each other after a break up? I still have some feelings for her, so that's another reason why I'm hesitant to talk to her again.
>>
>>18238455
Don't avoid her. Just because you can't be close to her outside of work doesn't mean you two can't be friends at work. Again, she's just another coworker now and the same as anyone else you'd talk to at work.

So maybe you don't want to get too attached again? Kinda sounds like you don't have feelings for anyone else in your life besides her. This is on you to move on and find someone else. If you were seeing someone else, would you still feel hesitant to talk to her?

Also, being friendly and talking to her is not a waste of time because you'd still be spending that time in the office even if you were avoiding her.

Now if she really doesn't want to talk to you and she goes out of her way to avoid you, then yeah keep your distance. So far she just broke eye contact once after greeting you. Select all images with a bus.
>>
>>18238723
Thanks for the perspective.

>So maybe you don't want to get too attached again?

Possibly.

>Kinda sounds like you don't have feelings for anyone else in your life besides her. This is on you to move on and find someone else. If you were seeing someone else, would you still feel hesitant to talk to her?

I think I would still be hesitant depending on how strongly I feel about this hypothetical new person. I fell for her kinda hard because I have a "personality type" that I'm very attracted to. Before meeting her, it has been a while since I've been in the dating game. But when I was dating/meeting a good amount of women, I didn't feel as connected with them as I did with her. I had to go through a lot of people to finally meet her and feel that connection.
>>
I didn't ask for these feels. Sorry for shitposting.
>>
Last bump, then I'm going to let this thread go.
>>
>>18237845
>Was my response written above appropriate?

Totally, just be cordial. You don't have to talk her up, or be best friends, or even small talk. If you have work to do together or encounter each other in a way that is unavoidable, just be kind and polite. Nothing more can be done.

And looking at the ground after making eye contact is a classic sign of shame (not at you but about the situation maybe). So, be grateful that she too seems to want to not make a big deal out of it at work in front of others.

You're fine..
>>
>>18241038
>Totally, just be cordial. You don't have to talk her up, or be best friends, or even small talk. If you have work to do together or encounter each other in a way that is unavoidable, just be kind and polite. Nothing more can be done.

Good to know.

>And looking at the ground after making eye contact is a classic sign of shame (not at you but about the situation maybe).

I didn't think of this. I kind of hate to admit it, but I hope this is the case. I'm still trying to understand how she can date me for nearly two months, be able to easily list several reasons why she likes me, then dump me for having moderate political views. I've heard of people unfriending others because of politics, but everything was going really well. I guess that's part of life.
>>
Thanks for the thoughtful responses, everyone.
>>
>>18241089
Sage

I think my emotions are getting to me... especially in this post. I need to work on moving on with my life.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.