[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe it's okay to punish your child for disrespectful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Do you believe it's okay to punish your child for disrespectful behavior by taking away their boyfriend/girlfriend for a while along with every means of communicating with them? Does this do more harm than good? What are some of your thoughts?
>>
>>18236518
how old is your child?
>>
what do you mean by disrespectful behaviour? give concrete examples pls

if it as anything to do with the relationship, i think that the it'll only make the bond between them stronger, so it's counterproductive then
>>
There is nothing constructive that comes from a punishment like that, they learn nothing except you do not trust them or respect them enough to make their own decisions, even if they are bad ones, and they will ergo lose respect for you as their parent as well. If they are old enough to have a significant other then you cannot simply forbid them from contact. They will find a way to see each other and if not they will despise you.
>>
>>18236518
I'm the concerned boyfriend in this case actually. My girlfriend's parents are notably over-domineering and extremely critical of everything she says and does. I've even seen them put blame on her for things she doesn't do. They will punish her for being "disrespectful" (actions that aren't actually aimed at disrespect, but that they perceive as disrespect, and that aren't deserving of punishment) by taking away all of her contact with the outside world and not letting us see or talk to each other for weeks at a time. I'm worried that it's putting a strain on things.
>>
>>18236522
I'm the concerned boyfriend. I'm 19, and she's 17, nearly 18.
>>
File: Chris-Hansen-x.png (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Hansen-x.png
30KB, 300x300px
>>18236548
>>
File: 1492210438991.gif (2MB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
1492210438991.gif
2MB, 420x314px
>>18236566
>>
>>18236566
oh hush. he dint say dat
>>
>>18236566
Relax Chris, age of consent is 16 in most places within America.
>>
>>18236566
Age of consent in most places is lower than the age of majority. And even for people below that age, there are close-in-age laws.

There's nothing weird about a 19-year-old being with a 17-year-old.
>>
File: m5xzh9wden1rsob98o1_500.jpg (57KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
m5xzh9wden1rsob98o1_500.jpg
57KB, 500x376px
>>18236580
I have the transcripts.
>>
There's nothing you can really do about it as the boyfriend. It really also depends on the limiting of contact between other people and the amount of time this punishment lasts.

If it's a weekend? I think that's perfectly appropriate, although by 17, you should be moving away from "I'm taking away your toys" punishments, because you're months away from really not having any ability to do that anymore. If it's months on end, that's stupid.

But there's nothing you can do, since it's her parents, not you.
>>
Trying to police your kid's sex lives is stupid. You already fucked up either by having them in the wrong place at the wrong time or not raising them to have proper judgement. You can't think of a better way to put a barrier between you and them.

You fucked up when she became a girl in the womb. Not because women are intrinsically bad. The circumstances resulting in her birth are bad. Your family was broken before it began. Lol
>>
>>18236603
as a good mother, I try out every man my daughter brings to the table before she can. that way I know he's good enough for her
>>
>>18236518
>tfw your girlfriend is underage to post here
>>
>>18236618
the thought my mother saw my bf's morning wood makes me want to slit all my arteries at once

and my dad is packing
>>
>>18236619
well shit I've been here since I was 12. nobody gives a damn
>>
>>18236632
not to mention the majority of /b/tards are a bunch of fap happy 14 yr olds
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.