[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any advice for haggling and getting a lower price

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: cox.png (157KB, 843x379px) Image search: [Google]
cox.png
157KB, 843x379px
Anyone have any advice for haggling and getting a lower price for cable and internet?

I have been with Cox for about a year now and they are the only option in my area.

I'm paying 140 a month for (15mb down/2mb up) internet and digital TV, and I just think it's a joke. I can 15 dollars by downgrading my internet to the lowest option, and I'm going to do that, but I pay 73/mo for the TV and its like.. I basically have 30 channels that aren't garbage. I'm pretty sure its the lowest option.

Do I go in and threaten to cancel it all completely? Or do I just nicely ask for a way to lower my bill?

I would cut the TV completely but I do kind of want a normal living room and I think not having TV of any sort would be weird. And I do like to watch FS1 on weekends.
>>
>>18236500

I'm right there with you on this question. Completely garbage service, insanely expensive... I want to cut the cord too, but FS1 too.

I'm paying for the 50 Mb down though... even worse. Shit never works.
>>
cancel television
get sling TV or some other internet TV service
>>
>>18236508

Dang man. Crazy to see someone else in the same situation.. Yeah it sucks. Luckily I've never had problems with the internet dropping out, I would be pissed if that happened to me after paying for 50mb.

I looked up satellite internet options and it just doesn't seem viable and is relatively the same price, maybe a little lower but with more hassle and way lower speeds.

>>18236513

>cancel television

I would, but there are two or three programs I like to watch live and I doubt I could watch them on sling TV.

Also, I'm almost positive I can't just have internet alone, everything comes in packages. Like I have to have TV and internet, or a phone and internet, I can't just get internet alone. I remember asking about just starting with internet when I first signed up and I got talked into getting a TV package with it because it would only be a little bit more a month, and I would get faster internet. I think I got rused hard.
>>
>>18236521
why don't you see what channels Sling TV offers.

I have their blue package, which included all the channels I wanted like ESPN, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, and TBS.

Plus a bunch of fodder channels I flip to occassionally, all live broadcast.
>>
>>18236527

so it looks like the one I would want would be 25 a month.. that seems too insanely good to be true. There has to be a catch?

You have it and like it?
>>
>>18236521

Other Cox hater here - you can get internet alone, but yeah, it's like $90. Then you start counting all of the services you need to "cut the cord," and you're looking at $10 for Netflix, $10 for Hulu, $30 for Sling or whatever... and then you can't watch your live sports and shit.

I'm assuming you live somewhere like I do, where Cox is really the only option for broadband. I'd love to switch to DirecTV, but then I'd have to use DSL for broadband, which isn't acceptable.
>>
>>18236500
switch services for a few months then go back to cox for that sweet new custoemr discoount
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.