[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could somebody please explain to me why I should use gmail over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: hotmail-vs-gmail.jpg (175KB, 565x311px) Image search: [Google]
hotmail-vs-gmail.jpg
175KB, 565x311px
Could somebody please explain to me why I should use gmail over hotmail? I'm not a hotmail purist or anything like that. I only happen to have a hotmail account because my dad made me when when I was like 12 so that I could make accounts for online games, and I've just never bothered to change it.

Is there actually a good reason to use gmail over hotmail? If there is, I'll make the switch right away. I only ask because hotmail is the butt of some jokes (niche as they may be), and I recently read an article that stated that some companies screen out applicants that use hotmail accounts, which is slightly horrifying to me, especially because I don't know why it's an inferior service.

Thanks.
>>
>>>/g/
>>
never heard about being screened out for hotmail.

but i'd like to take this opportunity to say that outlook, the service hotmail has switched to using, is a COMPLETE PILE OF FUCKING SHIT. i have NEVER seen a company change a fully functioning system for the worse as bad as hotmail. it was great before. it ran fast, it was smooth and as functional as you'd need it to be.

then they changed it. they changed the design to this gay ass tablet interface shit. it's SLOW. its fucking slower than my arthritic grandmother going up a flight of stairs. it bugs out. it freezes. did i mention how fucking slow it is? i can't search my inbox, or view an email, or start typing an email without waiting 20 FUCKING SECONDS for each action to process. i cant believe it. they fucked it up so bad, it was fine before. why did they do this?

i sincerely hope whoever was behind these changes is shot. someone NEEDS to be punished for this decision.
>>
>>18236109
Good idea. Sorry about posting here. Thanks!
>>
>>18236102
Spam filters and (I guess for lack of a more accessible word) firewalls.

I dont know if this is till a problem (because everything's migrating to cloud based nowadays) but basically a problem used to be that lot of locally hosted servers would just end up auto-blocking/not accepting emails and other random server requests from non-mainstream sources unless the server admin setup a specific exception for it.

It was (and still is) kind of a pain in the ass for a lot of mid-low level companies who were big enough to have their own servers, but not big enough to have their own dedicated IT to properly set it up.

Nowadays, For the most part that should be moot though.
>>
>>18236102
Gmail organizes all email in categories automatically. So promotions and social network stuff are separeted from the important emails. The spam filter is better too. Also, I get gmail notifications on my phone.

Also Outlook doesn't work well for me.

Oh, and gmail is much much MUCH safer than hotmail. I'll just say I know this from personal experience.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.