[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 20 years old, will graduate with my bachelors in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

I'm 20 years old, will graduate with my bachelors in the summer, have taken all the steps to commission as an officer in the US Army after graduation, and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.

I'm joining the army for two reasons: fraternity and job satisfaction. I took a few tests at my university's career counseling office that told me I would be happiest as a "Military Officer". The desire for fraternity comes from an Outward Bound trip I took in high school which resulted in a very close bond with my fellow students; I've never stopped wanting that in the rest of my life. The hiking/camping was great also.

I'm always seeking authenticity, but I don't know what 'real' even is. I'm worried that I'll start a military career, retire at 40 without ever having realized what I was REALLY supposed to be doing.

I have a girlfriend, we love each other and have planned to be together forever. She's wealthy and says she's willing to follow me wherever I go, but I don't know how she'd react to me bumming it while I try to 'find myself'.

Sorry this is such a rambling post, I can't seem to organize anything when I have so many unanswered questions. Any advice?
>>
>20
>graduating with a bachelors
wot?
>>
>>18236592
nigga mustve went fresh outta high school yerp
>>
>>18236613
??? Average age of a highschool senior is 18...
17 at the youngest, how tf did he graduate highschool at 18
>>
i thought a bachelors took 4 years
>>
>>18236623
I graduated on my 17th birthday and I'm retarded. You must be some kind of super retard.
>>
>>18236633
graduating right at 17 is not normal. Either must have went to school early or was a smartass...whatever kind of retard you claim to be
>>
>>18236639
He was basically 16 still. wtf I graduated at 17 bc my birthdays in september and I got put in on a loophole.
>>
>>18235695
>I'm always seeking authenticity, but I don't know what 'real' even is. I'm worried that I'll start a military career, retire at 40 without ever having realized what I was REALLY supposed to be doing.

There is no point in thinking that hard about it. It's not unimportant but it is something that you can only think too much about. They are the kind of thoughts that repeat themselves because they have no real answer and only make you feel worse about it. Very easy to get stuck in a negative cycle.

I wouldn't worry about what is real and the possibility of regret in the future. An authentic person is self-directing, choosing to do something actively as possible. You can't live a perfect life, all you can do is live an examined one where you try to live as best you can. Thinking there is something you are supposed to do is a mistake
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (57KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
57KB, 600x619px
>>18236654
>>18236639
>>18236633
>>18236628
>>18236623
>>18236613
THREAD DERAILMENT IMMINENT. POSTING MEMES

>>18236671
Never mind folks. Looks like were getting there safely.
>>
>>18235695
>>18236681
Okay fine you want some advice? "finding yourself" is a bunch of bullshit. You don't even know what you want to do. You have the perfect setup for a nice life w/ a good job and you're going to (most likely) squander it because there may/may not be something better out there. The key is not finding something you'll love doing because what if that thing never comes. Just do something you're okay with working 9-5 and pays adequately for your needs. Then maybe some years down the road you'll have the capital and experience to switch to doing the thing you love. If you ever find it that is.
>>
>>18236592
>>18236613
>>18236623
>>18236628
>>18236633
>>18236639
>>18236654
>>18236681
I started college at 16.
>>18236671
>Thinking there is something you are supposed to do is a mistake
But is there something that could open my eyes to new possibilities better than getting a steady and good career?
>>18236713
I agree that "finding yourself" is kind of bullshit, but I do believe it happens over the course of an observant lifetime, and I think you believe that also.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.