[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else /fearofflying/ here? I like going on vacation for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1491714836274.png (161KB, 263x215px) Image search: [Google]
1491714836274.png
161KB, 263x215px
Anyone else /fearofflying/ here?

I like going on vacation for the most part, but my heart rate is all over the place for the trip to the airport / flight itself. I usually dont sleep good the night before, i'm stressed and my heart is racing the whole way to the airport, going through TSA and X-ray is the worst. Then the flight itself you're crammed in with 200+ other people in a coffin flying 40k feet in the air by two people who may or may not have drug dependencies or hidden mental health issues.

It's not like I haven't been exposed to flying either. I always went on trips with my family growing up, and I don't think I had a fear of flying. I've probably flown 75+ times, but it never gets any easier. I've taken xanex a couple times, but I dont have access to it unless I go to a doctor.

I'm going on two long flights tomorrow to a beautiful tropical destination and I'm starting to stress tough. What can I do?
>>
Remind yourself that you're far likelier to die driving to the airport than on the plane. Nearly 100 people are killed in vehicle accidents just in America every single day. There just isn't a news story after every accident like with a plane, it really is the safest way to travel.
>>
>>18235685
Might be able to get something from your doctor for flying anxiety.
>>
I was almost in a plane crash. Was trying to land during a snowstorm. The plane started swinging like a pendulum, and all of a sudden it swung way harder, to the point where it seemed like it was about to start spinning. People started screaming. The guy sitting next to me gripped my hand, I was 14. The pilot pulled the plane up and all of this happened within maybe 10-15 seconds, tops.

I'd still get on a plane so I definitely don't have flight anxiety. Because in all honesty, if the plane crashes, you get to get high on oxygen so whatever is happening, you are more or less okay with it.
>>
i just tend to drink heavily
>>
Yea it's fucking terrifying. I just wear headphones and try to sleep.
>>
>>18235685
My mum has pills for that from the doctor, citalopram I think they're called
>>
>>18235685

I've been flying my whole life, and occasionally get some dull anxiety, but it really is very safe. These days you have just as much of a chance of someone shooting you as you walk back from Easter dinner so they can show it on Facebook live as you do being in a plane crash.

Just drink beforehand.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.