[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with burnout? I've been living on 4.5 hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1486187819684.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1486187819684.gif
2MB, 500x282px
How to deal with burnout?

I've been living on 4.5 hours of sleep and homework in all my free time this past year, took too many classes. I'm about to graduate hs but I feel it catching up on me.
>>
you can trudge through the rest
or call it quits now

your call
it reflects on how you view yourself
so contemplate that
>>
>>18234504
I was also thinking more towards the future

I'm probably gonna make it, but I don't want to have to go through the hell I've went through this year. It's kinda been a sleep-deprived, depressed fog
>>
>>18234513
so resolve to never put yourself in a situation like that again
get it done with and don't treat yourself poorly like that in the future
you'll break down for sure if you don't make amends
>>
>>18234489

You need to take better care of yourself.

You probably are so burnt out that you'll need to take some time off or time away. I don't know how much time you can afford but you need to let yourself recharge.

How much longer do you have before the end of the semester? One last push, then you'll be into summer?

Take some time off, make sure you're eating right, and take care of yourself. It'll probably take a while to heal up
>>
>>18234543
yep, I'm finishing the last round of tests, then two more rounds of AP testing (the practice round and then the real thing) and I should be done

It's weird, I was really depressed all the previous years of my highschool, but this year I just snapped out of it, and I've been relatively ok. Upside is I've learned a lot about psychology and philosophy in the last couple months, and I feel like I can truly start working out the rest of my life....

doesn't change the fact that I'm really overworked, but I'm strangely optimistic. I guess I would say its because I got into college
>>
>>18234553

Yeah, see my advice (>>18234543) comes from experience. I work in IT and make $150K - and I burn out at least twice a year. I'd basically refuse to get out of bed and my partner, she would have to force me out of bed.

If you can, try and avoid getting in the situation that causes it. I had to change jobs a couple times, and also change the way I think about work and handle stress - so that i would basically stop burning out and being depressed. Exercise helps a ton.
>>
>>18234564
Well, I've done basically 0 exercise the past year, maybe that's something I can pick up this summer
>>
>>18234567

It took me two years to actually take going to the gym seriously. I started up from doing maybe 10 minutes at the gym (quick run) adding a bit more time each time I went, to the point now where I go for at least 30 minutes, maybe an hour. So, just go - even if you start off by just going to the gym, then turning right around and leaving. Build the habit, even if it is measured by the minute
>>
>>18234489
what fucking high school do you go to where 4.5 hours of sleep is normal? You aren't telling us everything. Do all thr kids in your grade only get 4.5 hours of sleep? what are you doing differently that they aren't? How many video games have you bought in the past year? How much tv do you watch?
>>
>>18234590
I'm taking 5 ap classes, prob too much for me. I do 4 classes a day, switching between days.

Generally I go to school at 7:45 (get up at 7), get home at around 4:00, and generally finish my homework anywhere from 10 to 2

Generally I finish around 12. Technically, I get 5 hours asleep, I do 30 minutes to fall asleep and try to time it for 3 sleep cycles.
>>
>>18234597
yeah that's way too much you need to scale back and be more realistic about how much you can do in a semester.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.