[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been in therapy for awhile now and I think I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: starwars.jpg (55KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
55KB, 533x400px
I've been in therapy for awhile now and I think I've hit a wall.

I feel like there's still stuff I want to talk about but I can never get it out during sessions, I feel like I'm talking in circles. What do?
>>
Honestly. Just tell them you need to speak without being interrupted and say it.

You're wasting your time and you'll regret it down the road if you don't. I've been there and I'm still there.
>>
>>18234366
The problem isn't that I'm being talked over, the problem is no matter how much I talk I can never get to all the things I want to say.

My therapist says I need to "speak with intent" but I'm not sure how.
>>
>>18234663
Ur anonymous here mate tell us what it is exactly you cant talk to ur therapist about. My dad used to beat me and my brother and he would try suffocating me when i was younger, a real sick fuck. Let it out mate ull feel a lot better trust me
>>
>>18234684
>my dad would try suffocating me when I was younger

lmfao that's too funny I don't know how a therapist could listen to that without laughing. I almost died laughing
>>
>>18234684
Yea tell us you'll feel a lot better
>>
>>18234738
H-heh yea real funny i-isnt it
>>
>>18234774
Yea it seems everyone on 4chan is just getting roasted by life
>>
>>18234780
Why do u think were here m8e
>>
>>18234339
a therapist will never interact with you on a personal level, and they have the obligation to keep everything you say to them a secret, unless it is incriminating in some way. you won't be judged, you will only be presented with solutions.
if you don't feel comfortable with your therapist, consider changing them.
>>
>>18234684
Well alright then. I came from an abusive home, and only recently did I realize how pervasive the abuse really was (I'm 21 BTW). Im afraid that 1. It might be screwing up certain relationships I have 2. I'll turn into my increasingly fucked up relatives.

I'm frustrated because I actually talked about a specific event that left some scars and my therapist got really excited, said the fact that I talked about it was a huge break through. Now I dont know how to move forward.
>>
It's pretty normal to do that.
I've been in therapy for 7 years now and there are still some times I feel I can't say something.
Still, that is a great thing!! Why?
Because it points you to what you find difficult, and those are the things that usually are worth changing and getting to know better.
My tip is... lower your defences and say it to your therapist, even with all the deflective thoughts and emotions that might arrise. Run the risk, set it out.
If there is something you can't say no matter what, you can tell your therapist too "There are a few things I find really hard to say here or outside". It's no problem, it's part of the treatment.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.