[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hear extreme good things, and extreme bad things about working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: kksksks.jpg (58KB, 952x507px) Image search: [Google]
kksksks.jpg
58KB, 952x507px
I hear extreme good things, and extreme bad things about working here.

Anyone have experience in work in the fulfillment center at Amazon?
Got accepted after drug test and all. Wondering if I should confirm that I will work there.

I've read a handful of reviews saying either its the best thing because its super simple, good pay, benefits. The negatives are that you're expected to work long hours, easily fireable, treated like a number. Anyone with experience from this place.
>>
>>18233642
Take the job don't fuck up
>>
bumpin
>>
>>18233642
Don't be surprised if they fire you. The work is hard and the jobs are usually very seasonal
>>
Bumpin this too. I passed the application and I am going next week for a hiring event.
>>
Never worked there but worked in a fulfillment center and the pay is good but the work sucks. Expect to work 12 hours a day being bored out of your mind and getting yelled at for not going fast enough packaging or picking. If their tardy system / absent system is like everyone else you get half a point if you're late and 1 point if you call out and if you get a total of 3 points you're fired oh and that for the whole year. If you need the money that bad then I guess it's worth it but other than that it's slave work.
>>
>>18234125
shieeet man that sounds pretty harsh
>>
>>18234125
OP here

That's what im up for, the local fulfillment center, didnt mean one in Seattle HQ. The hours they offered are 8-530, so no 12 for me?

Also, what do I wear. The lady i went to the first time was extremely disorganized. She said we could wear whatever we want.
>>
>>18233642
>and extreme bad things

Honestly, if it was a choice between amazon and homelessness, I'd choose homelessness.

I've heard how they treat their employees, it's worse than my company and my company was quite content with the fact an employee went to go jump off a bridge into motorway traffic because he was so damned stressed out.

All so they could save a bit of cash because people might want severance if they are just let go. Better to harass them into quitting.

Apparently Amazon has done similar.

Honestly, when it gets that bad, that's when it's time to go live innawoods instead of having a job.
>>
>>18234178
I've worked at a fulfillment center for Amazon as a stower and that shit was the most boring job ever. It was so boring that I had to talk to myself to keep myself awake. It's ridiculus how they operate in there, everyone is doing the same basic thing over and over and over and over and over again.

Pick up item, scan it , scan the cubicle, wait to see if it got rejected or accepted, and then place the item in there with certain rules like not blocking other shit.

You get graded for quality and quantity percentage. If your rate is high, they will check on you to see if you're doing it right without just throwing shit. If your rate is low, they will check on you and "coach" you. It's fucking horrible.

Then I moved to picking, WORSE the stowing!

Don't wonder why they always hire, no one stays there for a long period of time.

However, I know one friend that was lucky and good at what they did and got promoted higher and higher. But this is rare since those in higher positions have the easy job of watching the human slaves move stock.
>>
>>18234203
that's what im saying about the reviews, i guess when you get there you're prone to give good reviews cause apparently the money is good. but eventually it wears thin, which is where the bad reviews came in.

how long did you last?
>>
>>18233642
No personal experience but most people I've heard talk about say either you love it or hate it
>>
If the work is so mindless, can you listen to music or podcasts while doing it?
>>
>>18234212

Thankfully, I only worked there for the summer before I went off to college for the Fall.

If it is the only job you can aquire with no other choice, then I guess the pay is ok. This was 3 years ago, and now I'm having a few memories about it haha!

I made 4 friends there so we always tried to be together but the supervisor always tried to split us up.
>>
>>18234235
Nope. You can not bring anything inside. No phone no paper no anything. You are scanned and searched before entering the building to make sure you do not steal anything inside. There is no music inside and all you hear is the countless scan noises of scanners and machines and forklifts.

The best is when it's break time that lasts only 15 mins.

OH!!! another big note. If you're hired THROUGH AMAZON workforce, you are consider a BLUE BADGE. If you're hired through a third party company (which most people are), you are consider WHITE BADGE.

Blue badge is "respected" more than white badge since Amazon takes care of their own. They get benefits, paid time off, and parties. White badge dont get SHIT.
>>
>>18234257
Wait no phone? Shit man. Im commuting, i cant exaclty leave it in my car.

>tfw blue badge
>>
>>18234275
You have a specific locker before crossing through the security scanners. You have to bring your own lock.

Expect to walk nonstop for 10 hours four days a week. RIP
>>
Well what I saw (it was an undercover thing the BBC did a while back) is that someone who is at the peak of physical fitness couldn't handle it, and at one point had to work in complete darkness.

https://youtu.be/UQATFbLvIHk
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.