[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf texts me every afternoon just to check in and ask how my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Frances Ha.jpg (109KB, 590x421px) Image search: [Google]
Frances Ha.jpg
109KB, 590x421px
My gf texts me every afternoon just to check in and ask how my day is going.

I really appreciate it, but she knows very well how completely miserable I am at my job. I usually just give some generic middle of the road response and move the convo the elsewhere.

I'm super tempted to just be honest with her and let her know that I love that she checks in or just wants to talk, but that it ends up being work keeping up the act that things are even tolerable most days. Like, I hate every second of being at my job and she knows that.

Too autistic? Just accept the kindness and let it go?
>>
>Too autistic? Just accept the kindness and let it go?

Yes and yes.

>I hate every second of being at my job and she knows that.
That's why she's texting you. She wants to brighten your day by loving you. Try to let yourself be happy, even if you hate your job.
>>
why not actually tell the truth about how your day is going retard

you think she goes out of her way to do this in order to just get a bs "fine thanks" response back? She wants to know how you're actually feeling. She wants to be there for you.
>>
>>18233412

Yeah just to her that is literally why she's calling. Just don't be a completely over dramatic retard about it. Talk about the shit that is bothering you. Just don't repeat yourself or get ragey. Have a conversation.
>>
>>18233412
>>18233423
The problem is she doesn't really understand it, to be honest

Her current job is the only job she's ever had. It's a super sweet banking gig that was literally handed to her out of college by some friends of her folks' which pays like its for someone 3-5 years into their career, not just starting. She really likes it. I've had a bunch of jobs over the years with varying degrees of satisfaction and varying levels of freedom to just move on to something else.

Having broached the subject with her multiple times, she's just kind of offers a generic showing of sympathy and moves on ("Awww I'm sorry. Tomorrow will be better!") It's why she asks everyday; she's never hated what she's doing with her life (loved school, loves her job) and doesn't get that it's annoying to be reminded of that fact by people asking about it.
>>
You're gonna get real sad and worried when she stops asking you how you're doing. Even more so when she starts cheating on you because you're not paying attention to her.
Just talk to her like a normal person you dummy
>>
>>18233395
You have a job and gf fuck you asshole. You doing better than most and you ain't happy baw.
>>
>>18233804
Yes, it turns out people still have problems even when their life is better than yours. This is a board to ask for advice about those problems.
>>
>>18233819
Hahaha the statement says he's doing well. What's his real problem?
>>
>>18233831
Which statement?

The OP post is all about how he hates every second of being at his job and he is miserable there. That's not "doing well"

His GF could be amazing outside of work, but he'd still have to go to work and be miserable there.
>>
If you want to complain about your day do it in person where she can be supportive.

Important : youre using this as an outlet for greif not anger. Avoid coming off as angry or annoyed.

Sometimes we need a little sympathy.
>>
>>18233395
>Too autistic? Just accept the kindness and let it go?

Never take your partner for granted.

Tell her basically what you told us:

That you love her, and that you know she knows your miserable at work, and that even though you might sound apathetic when you answer back, you truly appreciate when she checks in, because it makes you feel truly cared about--and you just wanted to let her know that.

If you want to tell her more, that's up to you, because only you know what type of person she is.

I will say that one of the most common complaints from girls in their relationships, is that their guys stone wall way too much and they feel like they get shut out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.