[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 34 years old worthless college dropout. I have a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I'm a 34 years old worthless college dropout. I have a good job but no accomplishments in life, no useful skills and nothing interesting to share. I can't seem to get good at anything or stay studying anything for long enough, I don't believe in myself. I have someone who loves me, but I'm afraid that this person will eventually see me the same way I see myself, like an uninteresting failure. I don't know if I can study and stay focused with my job, plans, a relationship and responsibilities. I don't believe in myself anymore with all those flaws and social anxiety. Is there anything I can do?
>>
File: 1429554883833.png (2MB, 1023x654px) Image search: [Google]
1429554883833.png
2MB, 1023x654px
>>18233263
I don't have answers for you, but if you want a little pick me up, I'm in the same boat except I'm 7 years younger, have no job, little money left, and haven't been in a relationship in 4+years.
>>
>>18233299
Do you live with your family?
>>
>>18233309
Yep. There was a little while I didn't and my prospects looked up but I managed to fuck that up. Don't fall OP, you're not in a bad position right now.
>>
>>18233263
Learn a skill and use it to work.

You have to potential to become a carpenter. I can feel it in my bones.
>>
>>18233322
Do you want to study? Because having your family to support you is a great way to do it. I earn enough money but I've got responsibilities, appointments I can't miss.
>>
>>18233325
Why do you say that? And carpentry sounds actually nice.
>>
>>18233263
You sound so much like my husband, he is always down on himself. Feels like he's not good enough and that he can't be successful. I wish he could see that I don't care at all if he finishes school or has a hot shot job. I just love him as he is, his personality. I don't want him to feel like I would ever be disappointed in him and I hate that he feels so disappointed in himself.

Do you feel like gaining skills or going back to school is something you personally need to do, or just that it's what is expected of you? Like do you want it for yourself or do you feel like it's pressure from everyone else?
>>
>>18233332
I'd love to, but I can't ask them for help. They barely have the money to take care of their own shit, and they helped me before only for me to fail. I can't ask them to gamble on me again when my dreams are pretty much worthless and I don't have faith in myself to begin with.
>>
>>18233360
And everything you said sounds like something my gf would say. There are things I would like to learn for myself or for having something in case I ever lose my job, or maybe for having better opportunities. But that I either felt dumb or unable to focus on learning. I never actually knew what to do, always indecisive, and I feel inadequate in everything I try.
>>
I know it's rough,
The only advice I have is to learn something you can do without a diploma. Some programming skills may help you to land some freelancer work online.
>>
>>18233362
You can get a part-time job to help, just talk to them. Trust me, living with them won't bring expenses on your own bills, so just talk to them. But is there something you would like to do? I never knew what to do with my life. I'm
>>
>>18233378
I wouldn't know how to start, any tips?
>>
>>18233375
That's just like my husband too, he hates having to be around people, gets social anxiety and can't stay focused. He never thinks anything he dose is good enough. Like he's a graphic and 2d artist and in school for animation but he hates going to class and being around others, even when he dose amazing work way better then the rest if the class he feels like it's not good enough or that people will think he's a dick for going above the assignment. Like nothing he dose is ever right. I don't know how to make him see that he's great and even if he dosen't get a job in exactly his chosen field it's fine. Like I'm sure your job now is good and your gf is happy in whatever you do. You just have to let it sink in that you are not a bad person or a failure. If you what to learn something new just of it to enjoy yourself try not to put so much pressure on yourself about it.
>>
>>18233396
Download programming books. Web developing may be the easier to start, but the market is pretty crowded.
Find some html books and start making some basic pages. Basic knowledge of html and css should make you able to create virtually any website you visit based on how it LOOKS. Then read some books on Javascript and JQuery, PHP, SQL, knowledge of AJAX can be useful.
Any books you will find on the topics will have exercise, do them.
Books on design are heavily encouraged. Learning how to program a website and design one are quite different skills.

Then make some websites so you can have a portfolio to show when applying to jobs. Apply for jobs on freelancer or similar websites a hope for the best.
>>
>>18233411
But you know he does a great job. When going to classes, you have to deal with group works and forced socialization. I've been in the place of having mediocre classes and I've been in the role of getting mediocre and incompetent for the classes. Based on what you say, though, it sounds like he's going to be ok even if self-taught. Maybe he knows that you believe in him but he sees himself like a mess. I know I do. And I can barely deal with my mess, but being a mess among other people is even worse.

>>18233440
I know absolutely nothing about this, but I see your point, thank you for the suggestion. I'll search for it.
>>
>>18233485
>I know absolutely nothing about this, but I see your point, thank you for the suggestion. I'll search for it.
Transcription jobs may also be something to consider. The pay is not very high, but it's still money.
>>
>>18233485
I think a lot of people feel that way to some extent tho. Like I'm in management in retail and I feel so weird working around a bunch of high school and collage kids. I feel like a failure because I'm older and that's all I've done with my life. But we have kids to support so I just force myself to deal with it and go into work. I think even if you don't feel like your doing well enough you should still try to make yourself fallow through. Like in the end once you've made it to the goal it will be worth it.
>>
Drop acid. Start thinking about yourself and your life. Think about happiness. You'll realize a lot. I'm quite serious about this too. Acid solved my self esteem problems after like 2 sessions.
>>
File: 1492244823511.png (300KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1492244823511.png
300KB, 600x476px
go mining.
get into the dirt.
it is good for jew..... you
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.