[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Fug I want a hobby that won't make me feel miserable. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: cockatoo.png (695KB, 1247x637px) Image search: [Google]
cockatoo.png
695KB, 1247x637px
Fug I want a hobby that won't make me feel miserable.

I've been drawing for a long time but it feels like shit.

Drawing was something I loved as a kid. When I first came to /ic/ to discover my art was shit, I grinded everyday for a year. Now I suddenly feel tired whenever I have to draw. It feel so exhausting to open up a loomis book, copy to drawings on it.

Should I drop drawing and get a new hobby?
It feels like I wasted my time if I drop drawing though, I can't let go now.
>>
>>18233056
This goes for every hobby, OP. There comes a point where you need to put effort in to get better. The effort makes it more tiring. I'd say continue but maybe less frequently.
>>
File: 75733924.jpg (406KB, 676x1024px) Image search: [Google]
75733924.jpg
406KB, 676x1024px
Look into weight lifting and general fitness cardio. Even better, see if you can start training for a sport.
I used to be extremely into art (music in particular), and I still am, but back then it felt like the only thing I had. Everything else was crushing. I was depressed without realizing it -- I had just thought that I was becoming realistic by losing passion in everything else.
I don't want to go on a tirade about fitness, but it's what pulled me out of that outlook without me even trying to achieve that outcome. What initially started as me just trying to stay fashionably skinny made me aware of all of the biological and mental benefits that come from working out.
The main reason I work out is not to look good, but rather, the euphoria that comes afterwards. You start to feel godly and content, like nothing negative can possibly affect you. And over time, this feeling normalizes.
I want to stress the importance of finding a trainer or gym buddy. If you do decide to go with a trainer, see about finding a sports trainer, as they will be able to push you much farther and get you much better results than the trainers who work at the gym.
>>
You can't just do one thing for hours a day over a year and expect to feel good about yourself at the end of it. Variety is the spice of life. Not even the spergiest sperg is satisfied doing one thing every day over and over again, even though they'll bullshit you into thinking you "need to" grind out 12hrs/day to be any good at what you're doing.

The truth is, we only get so good by grinding & discipline. Sometimes you need to take a break and look at things with a fresh eye and new ideas.
>>
>>18233091
I would also go with this. I was a 360 lb fat shit, now I am a 190 lb fat shit, I don't look good yet, I've only hit the gym recently but I ran and played bball for fun/cardio. The way you feel after a good workout is minimal at first, as you're focusing on not dying. But eventually as you start to see results and your body/mind begin to not only expect the workout, but look forward to it, there is a feel of euphoria to it that becomes a part of you. You feel good after putting in that work because you've accomplished something.

I had friends and I enjoyed the little hobbies I had but depression was a constant for me for a long time. Exercise helped pull me out of that depression funk. I still experience it and have symptoms, but exercise, putting your body to work, really helps in dealing with those episodes. I can't escape them, but exercise and working out gives me that accomplishment feeling even when everything else feels like its crumbling, and helps keep me focused and a better person.
>>
>>18233056
That looks really nice anon. Would love to see the rest of your work.
>>
File: IMG_0582.jpg (313KB, 816x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0582.jpg
313KB, 816x1440px
>>18233056
Why not set goals? Big projects that you want to accomplish. Do more creative things with drawing. Think out side the box for a fresh perspective. Your doing routine that leads to the same thought patterns and that's being tired. Do something different
>>
Better get used to it. Unless you've been blessed with tons of talent it's a long and hard road. 21 here, been drawing seriously since 14 and it really is at least 80% suffering. But if you have that fire for it, that you just have to draw no matter how shitty it is, you will. There's no going back from the art life for me, it's been my main reason to stay alive for years. If you don't want it enough, you'll quit, but do try and stick with it for a while longer at least. Instead of focusing on becoming good enough to make the feeling of being shit go away, focus on learning to live with that feeling. Because that will be your biggest hurdle. It will stop you from practicing as much as you could, or just make you depressed.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.