[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. Been super annoyed / confused the past week, finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 239x211px
Hey guys. Been super annoyed / confused the past week, finally decided to ask you guys for advice.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2+ years, and have a super solid relationship, even though I'm super high achieving and he dropped out of uni because of depression and other issues and hasn't done much since. We just have really similar personalities and interests, everything from music to religion to family background. Planning to get married as soon as I graduate and we can be financially stable, plus he's working to fix his depression and get a job.

We also share a strong friend group we've both been in from before we started dating. They all know we're close, but not that we're more or less engaged already (without the label).

The other day, one of these friends and I were talking while waiting for the others to show up. Mutual friend starts talking about how he is academically stable, has good connections, blah blah blah. Then starts talking about how he's surprised my current relationship has lasted this long, he expects it to crash and burn as soon as we get married, etc. Says he would be a much better match for me. Willingly admits he's trying to steal me from bf.

I blew him off, and later told my bf about it. He was annoyed at the guy, but didn't want to make a big stink about it. I'm mostly wondering how I should interact with him moving forward - we used to just chat about history and RPG characters and random stuff, but now I don't really trust him. Should I have an honest talk and say that trying to steal me makes me not consider him an honest friend, or just ghost-freeze him, or block him completely, or just ignore that and keep him friendzoned? Any insight would be welcome. <3
>>
I'd keep my distance from him if I were you. Sleaze-ball to the max.
Because he's in your friend group, would it be hard to block him out of your life, sans drama? Otherwise, I would try to not engage with him; if he gets uppity and pushes the issue, just blow him off again.
>>
>>18233014
Do you realize that in order for a boy to have sex/relationship/steal gf the girl (you) has to agree to it beforehand? And if your bf isnt super insecure jealous faggot, he would need hard proof in order to install a wedge between you and your soon to be husband?

Keep him friendzoned and dont let him spike your drinks / get you drunk.
>>
>>18233061
Yeah, I don't want to make a big deal out of it in the group. So far I've just been ignoring his advances and when he tries to start text conversations with me and ignoring him when when we're not in a group setting.

>>18233075
Yeah, it's more that I don't like the fact that he even tried. Totally goes against any kind of "bros before hoes" principles.
>>
>>18233014
>just ghost-freeze him, or block him completely,
>>
>>18233120
This shows he has no concern for his friends and is only interested in getting his dick wet.
The fact that he bad-mouths your bf behind his back is gold.
>>
I realize why you'd come here for help but I think you know the truth:

That friend is not a friend at all and he never wanted to be. He has been biding his time and feels like now is a chance to strike.

He thinks that all a woman cares about is money and nice things and that he'll finally get you seeing as he has all these great things.

It's really up to you. You could choose to be with someone you seem to care for and click with well and it seems like you both are trying to build a life together....or you can leave him for the dude with the money and nice things.

It's that simple and personally, I wouldn't blame you for leaving your boyfriend but I'd still think you lack loyalty. Just know that your boyfriend may never "fix" his depression. He may always be this way only slightly better.
>>
File: 1281115343504.jpg (156KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1281115343504.jpg
156KB, 467x700px
I agree with everyone else that it's a sleazy thing to do, but...

If I were friends with a girl I adored, and I thought her man was inadequate I would probably do the same thing. It wouldn't be a matter of trying to break up something good, but rather trying to reach out for something beautiful. If I really believed that we were meant for each other, and could love each other and be happy, how stupid would it be to pass up the opportunity to be together?

If I loved you, I would want us to be together no matter what (or who) else was in the way.

>Then starts talking about how he's surprised my current relationship has lasted this long, he expects it to crash and burn as soon as we get married, etc.
That's crossing the line, though. It's not just disrespectful, it's mean-spirited. I'm all for trying to go out and get what you want, but it sounds like he's not just trying to make you love him, but make you have doubts about your BF.

Maybe he really does care, but he seems to have a shitty personality if he holds his friends in such low regard.
>>
desu if I had it all to do over again I'd probably wait until my bf figured out some of his life stuff before getting serious. At this point though breaking up would be absolutely horrible for both of us. The only thing that would make me dump him would be finding out he's cheating on me or something similar.

I'm glad my friend was honest about his feelings for me (he told me he had a crush on me about a year ago), it's just the back-stabbiness that bothers me.

I think I'm just going to give him the cold shoulder, and if he asks why I'll explain. I appreciate the advice, everyone!
>>
lol

Something similar to this happened in my group when we were in highschool, except the guy was even more of a faggot, he confessed his eternal love, said she's the only one for him and all that shit. The girl told everyone what happened and we made fun of that guy for months, until he grew to reset the girl he confessed to. Good times.

What you should do depends on your group of friends. The "safe" thing to do is to tell him you're not interested and to stop trying to hit on you. Then minimize your interactions with him.
>>
>>18233406
Lol, it happened to me too. He confessed to my gf so she decided to stop talking to him, and he was ostracized since we all just stopped talking/inviting him. We later heard that he confessed to almost every "doable" girl we knew.
>>
>>18233014
Don't let this flirty friend plant his genetic seed inside thy womb! Your reproductive machinery belongs to your boyfriend senpai!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.