[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is going to College when you are 25 acceptable? I already have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fa.jpg (8KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
8KB, 250x209px
Is going to College when you are 25 acceptable?

I already have a few years of experience as a web developer, but I have a feeling not having a degree will push me back in the future. I was thinking on doing an account or finance degree and working half-time as a developer (even though college is free in my country).

Anyone has similar experience?
>>
>>18232629
im a 30 year old going to school for accounting

we had 70 year olds in my trade school. Your good

Just dont expect any parties. Your there to learn and become better/earn more in life.
>>
>>18232629
yeah its normal. I got a bunch of people in class that are 25 and up, oldest being 31
>>
>>18232629
is that Emma Stone?
>>
>>18232701
99% sure that's nigel farage
>>
>>18232629
More and more people are starting college at a later age. Usually they dick around at 18-19 fail out, work, and then come back when they're more mature at age 23-27. As long as you dont try some creep shit you'll be fine.
>>
>>18232629

Any age is acceptable, not everyone prioritises a degree in their early 20's, some people work, travel or fuck around and party until they're ready to make something of themselves. You're not even at an age where people might judge you for it, you probably would fit right in with other 20-25 year olds and no one would know the difference.
>>
OP DEFINTELY DO IT. I am 25 and in my first year of college. After failing 3 majors, working full time (shitty ass stupid jobs) I was so dissapointed in what I have become I decided to just study again and kick my own butt and just finish what I started. It will cost a lot of money (my student debts are 40 000 euros now) but at least you will have a diploma and won't have to do shitty jobs
>>
>>18232837

In what european country do you have to pay to go to college?
>>
I'm facing this dilemma too OP.

I just got a letter in the mail stating that my college application from two years ago has been accepted. I need to respond by the 20th and pay a fee in order to have my seat reserved for the coming fall semester. I just started a new job (30 days ago) which has a low pay ($15/hr for 35 hours a week) but lots of room for advancement and I'll be 25 by the time the fall rolls around.

Fuck. What dooooooooo.
>>
>>18232729
Define "creep shit".
>>
>>18233076
Accept it. The longer you postpone going to college, the less likely you are to follow through with it (speaking about 30s and up) because you'll have kids or other stuff to worry about. Unless you wait until you retire lol.
>>
>>18232629

no, unacceptable, the school will not accept you, this is unheard of, wouldnt it just be better to NOT have a degree?

seriously though whenever you're worried about whats 'acceptable' jjust shut your self up. what you are doing is trying to secure the best possible outcome for you. you're 25. you already missed the early opportunities. you CANT change that. so your choice is to just say 'well ill never do it now since im 25, or to be late to the game
>>
>>18232629

>are people going to look down on me for upgrading my skills and attempting to build a better life for myself

Fixed

Listen to yourself.

Then go to college...
>>
>>18232629
Ive seen 50+ people in college
>>
>>18232629
It's better than going when you're 18.

At 25 you can probable get your own place instead of staying in the dorms with noisy teenagers.

I plan to be in college until I die. No fucking kidding. College is free where I live so we see people of all ages, some up to fucking 80 y/o. Most of them already completed one or more degrees.
>>
I was 19 in college, when I met a 25 year old. He was a cool guy. Just be a cool guy OP.

Funny enough, I'm 25 now but no longer in school.
>>
>>18234009
>Funny enough
you lied
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.