[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never done taxes before and apparently you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1327474781629.jpg (351KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1327474781629.jpg
351KB, 700x700px
I've never done taxes before and apparently you're suppose to file by tomorrow. I dunno how to do any of that and I've made money before. Am I fucked?

A company sent me a 1099-misc form with what they paid me (around 3k), but I don't actually work for anyone.

Does the IRS really hunt you down and come after you if you don't file like everyone says? there's no way they have the resources to do all that if other people are in my boat. A friend of mine boasted about never paying taxes and another dude was stressing me out about doing it. Any advice is welcomed.
>>
>>18231467
You got like three years or five I think. After that they'll start taking money either out of your paychecks or Bank account. But if you wait you have to file for all those backlogged years at the same time or they think it's "suspicious"
>>
>>18231467
If that one 1099 is your only income, you made too little to owe any tax. Technically you should file a return to show that, but the IRS is not going to come after you when they have nothing to gain.

The minimum, which changes each year, is somewhere around 10 or 11K
>>
>>18231753
This. On one hand, you're not required to pay any taxes with your income. On the other hand, you're screwing yourself over because you'd get some money back if you filed. Just do one of those quick online filing things.
>>
>>18231755
It's a 1099, not a W2. Probably nothing was withheld.
>>
>>18231467
you are an independent contractor so you need to calculate and pay social security and medicare taxes you owe. You'll also get some money back since you worked but had income lower than a certain threshold.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.