[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey i wanna start reading again. These are the books i have.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170417_030033~01.jpg (2MB, 3212x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_030033~01.jpg
2MB, 3212x2988px
Hey i wanna start reading again. These are the books i have. Which ones do you recommend I read first?
>>
>>18231311
You, uh, got some King there, huh?

Look, I'ma just sum up his entire bibliography for you: HEY, I'M AN EVERYMAN PROTAGONIST WHO'S PROBABLY A STRUGGLING NOVELIST MUCH LIKE STEPHEN KING WAS ONCE. OH SHIT, EVIL JUST CAME TO MY SLEEPY NEW ENGLAND TOWN, I'MA FIGHT IT UNTIL 50 PAGES FROM THE END AT WHICH POINT EVERYTHING WILL JUST COLLAPSE INTO A METAPHYSICAL DREAM SEQUENCE BECAUSE MY AUTHOR NEVER LEARNED TO WRITE ENDINGS.

Cool, now you can chuck those in the trash. Just kidding, I actually do like Stephen King.

But we can't answer that, man, it depends on what kind of mood you're in. Do you want something fun and exciting or heavy and depressing or scary?
>>
None. Go and buy some good books.
>>
In my opinion the shining is one of the best books ever written i'd start with that one
>>
>>18231311
I'd start with the hitchhikers guide. It's light and fun to read.
But they're all reasonably good books.
>>
Cell was a fun zombie book. Better than expected.
>>
>>18231311
Gatsby, Catcher, The Road, then buy some more books by Cormac McCarthy and some other classics. King is poop.
>>
>>18231382
You're poop. God knows King has plenty of flaws, but if you strip away the sci-fi and horror elements from a lot of his novels you're still left with quite a few pretty fucking well-told stories, with more realistic dialogue and more relatable characters than a lot of more "literary" authors are able to produce.

And, yeah, he's written some stinkers too. That's what happens when you shit out like 289734 books.

People who totally scorn popular authors in favor of "classics" shouldn't be allowed to talk about literature. It's asinine. It's one of the ways smart people make themselves stupid.
>>
Catcher in the Rye, 1984, Carrie, Salem's Lot
>>
>>18231382
>Gatsby
>Catcher

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Overrated, pretentious piles if shit that cunts like you force themselves to read and pretend to enjoy them because "muh classics".
Fuck you stupid cunt.
>>
File: 1492050285879.jpg (1MB, 1820x4348px) Image search: [Google]
1492050285879.jpg
1MB, 1820x4348px
omg!, man read "George Orwell, 1984" it's amazing, but try to comprehend and grasp it thoroughly, because it's kind of dense.

pic related may be a great help for you. :)
>>
>>18232425

Addendum:

"A Short History of Nearly Everything, Bill Bryson" is always a pretty amazing book.

hope it helps, anon. :)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.