[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here succesfully go from introvert to extrovert? I went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1486185020554.png (246KB, 398x470px) Image search: [Google]
1486185020554.png
246KB, 398x470px
Anyone here succesfully go from introvert to extrovert?

I went from extrovert to introvert after some traumatic events in my life, working on being extroverted again, it's actually pretty tough.
>>
Seconding this question. I was never extroverted though.
I was ok in high school when I managed to ride the waves of my extrovert friends, but college hit and everyone scattered across the country and now I'm just down right autistic.
>>
File: 1382926015435.jpg (407KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1382926015435.jpg
407KB, 1000x1000px
>>18230781
you're misusing the terminology.
>>
>>18230787
OP here, my advice for you is hangout with extroverted friends in public and get a feel for how they act, how they hold themselves etc. Don't worry too much on emulating while you're with them, you'll compare yourself to them and shy out. Practice when you're alone, not with your far more outgoing friends
>>
>>18230800
That would work if I had anyone. I literally have no friends. Nobody I knew went to my college. I've been here for 4 years without making a single friend.

It's turned into crippling social anxiety at this point where I've basically become a shut in lost cause. I go out in public and it takes all my will power not to go into fetal position and just sob uncontrollably.
I wish that were an exaggeration. I once tried to get lunch on campus and it took me 2 minutes to lock myself in the bathroom for an hour long panic attack, which only made it worse as I realized I had no idea how to escape that bathroom in that state and the thought of being trapped there almost made me hyperventilate to the point of blacking out.
I eventually sprinted out of the room when someone knocked on the door, and ran the entire mile back to my car without looking back like I was running from a fucking bear.
Haven't gone anywhere on campus since except for classes. Too afraid someone will recognize me.
>>
>>18230788

pretty much this. the actual definitions simply mean one recharges with alone time (introvert) and one recharges with people time (extrovert) but even beyond that, most people are somewhere in the middle and of course require both.

socialization is like a massage, fun at first, but it gets uncomfortable after awhile. do it too long and it'll even hurt. there comes a point where the pleasure becomes pressure and what was originally pressure becomes pleasure.

people who say they are introverted but miserable aren't actually introverts, they are just extroverts (at least to some degree) living too introverted a lifestyle.
>>
>>18230832
Aww... I wish I was there to help you
>>
>>18230858
I'm pretty sure I'm a lost cause, but I would love to stop living my life in constant terror over people, like, talking to me and being nice to me?
I went shopping the other day and the cashier tried to make this very friendly casual talk with me and I just could not will myself to look her in the damn eye. I managed to spit out the proper words, but I did it looking at my feet. She probably just thought I was retarded.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.