[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with a slimey coworker? this one guy- "Jake".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4884.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4884.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How to deal with a slimey coworker? this one guy- "Jake". he just gives me the willies dude.

I've seen him misrepresent or misquote situations I've been present at. Often exaggerating or completely fabricating emotional states or series of events. How can you tell me how I felt/reacted?? I WAS THERE. He'll repeat this shit to other people. I'm fairly sure he does it about other people to me, but I just respond "I doubt that happened."

I'll talk shit about a coworker; and it'll be something not too serious and someone I genuinely love. Ex: coworker is having a bossy day, and I say he's in full Stalin mode. Jake will agree way too heartily. I'm also pretty sure he repeats my shittalking to the subject as a "warning" because he's "looking out." Fortunately, I'm an open book, so they'll just be like "yeah, Anon sent me a text calling me Stalin this morning. Why are you telling me this?"

He's weirdly "friendly". He'll fake laugh at your jokes to a ridiculous degree. He changes his views on a dime to match your own.
Him: I love burritos
Me: yeah? I've always hated em. I'm team taco all day.
Him: LOL YEAH I mean, you're right, if I'm honest they kind of suck, for sure.

He misrepresents his level of closeness with others, especially those which are of a higher level. Saying things like "yeah, Boss doesn't get treated like a regular guy bc everyone is afraid of him. We're really tight and smoke cigs sometimes and he's able to talk to me. I get him." He's mentioned to other coworkers he'll say or befriend anyone who will help him climb the ladder. he's incredibly (unintentionally) transparent and also sort of sucks at his job. It's all petty shit, but I have the worst gut feeling. Do I just continue to shut down his attempts? Ignore it?
>>
Personally i think that guy might just be going through a rough time maybe he just needs a friend.
>>
>>18230589
Ignore it, probably for the best. Just let him have his version of the truth, it isn't gonna hurt you.
Bring it up with your coworkers, see if they've noticed as well.
What kind of place do you work at?
>>
>>18230626
I'm definitely the type to not mind the socially-retarded. Some coworkers everyone finds "annoying" are harmless, so I like them and try to be compassionate. Corporate is cliquey.

This guy, however, something seems sinister. I'm pretty sure he sees himself as much better than me, but he just hasn't been able to get the same "luck" as myself. Luck I don't deserve, in his eyes.

I know it sounds nuts, but I'm usually oblivious of things like this. The fact I've got alarms going off says a lot.
>>
>>18230664
then talk to him confront him
>>
>>18230632
I only brought it up with a coworker I trust and am close friend with. They've experienced the same and really dislike Jake.

I feel almost guilty, but I know I'm not nuts. And it hasn't hurt me.... that I know of... or YET. I'm a blunt person, it's hard for me not to say all of this directly to him and just get him to stop attempting to play into weird politics.
>>
All I'll say is that I understand you OP and know people like this and that they are a good source of entertainment because they fuck themselves over their entire lives. Just be there to point them in the wrong direction, because they *want* to hurt people and will abuse your compassion.
>>
>>18230673
What do I say while keeping it HR-safe and that doesn't give him ammo for later? He hasn't done anything actually concrete.

I'm a nice naive person, and it irks me to feel as if someone is trying to exploit that.
>>
>>18230690
I think he was bullied in younger years.

But so was I- and I don't pull this tom foolery. I wish I could articulate how fuckin weird it is. The bootlicking whilst simultaneously seeing himself as superior.
>>
>>18230756
You're not his mom. A lot of people get bullied, they don't turn into amateur sociopaths like he did. Fuck this guy.
>>
>>18230589
I've encoutered this a few times throughout my life. This one is easy:

Dude has no personality. He takes bits and pieces of things from other people to create a persona. Nothing about HIM is his OWN personal thoughts, opinions, likes/dislikes, hell he probably copies someone elses idea of physical attractiveness.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.