[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

at what level is it safe for someone to drive home? i recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: alcohol-bottles-and-glasses.jpg (43KB, 700x470px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol-bottles-and-glasses.jpg
43KB, 700x470px
at what level is it safe for someone to drive home?

i recently moved into the "downtown" portion of my city for work, and its becoming common for work people to invite me to drinks/out to eat/etc

i live about 10 miles from work, and i drive to work everyday. we typically go to places around our work.

when i drink i always grab a taxi home and then a taxi back to work the next day to pick up my car. this is pretty pricy since fare rate here is 2.60 + 2.70 per mile, so its like 50 dollars for me in addition to the food and drinks.

if im not drinking hard liquor am i safe to drive home? i have no idea how my BAC would work out, but i generally only drink 2 ciders or beers
>>
>>18230536
if you cant walk in a straight line don't drive
>>
>>18230536
Unless you're a real lightweight you'll be fine. I drive after drinking more than that and don't think much of it.
>>
>>18230565
according to this calculator

http://celtickane.com/projects/blood-alcohol-content-bac-calculator/

2*12ounce ciders @ 4.5% would put me over the legal limit to drive

definitely interesting because i dont even feel out of it at that stage, but i guess its better to have a limit to low than one too high!
>>
You could just hang out by yourself for a couple hours to sober up.
>>
The legal limit is pretty low. There's a pretty big difference in "safe from getting a DUI" and "safe to reasonably operate a car." The limit exists for a reason, but if you're an adult male that drinks semi-regularly, you can probably go through six beers over a couple of hours without being too bad (depending on the strength of the beer). If you drink more frequently, even more.

If you never drink, less. But a cop isn't going to give a shit about your tolerance, and driving drunk is a pretty bad thing, even though more people do it than will readily admit to it.
>>
a person who's buzzed ought to know if they can drive or not. tiredness should absolutely be taken into consideration. a person who's drunk might not think they're too drunk to drive and go total their car. I guess it's all about knowing your power level at the moment.
>>
>>18230536
FUCKING ASSHOLE!!
Don't drink and drive.
Uber or Lyft you fucking asshole.

Gonna kill someone because you believe you're okay to drive. FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!
>>
>>18230748
Dude. No. If you're buzzed, you shouldn't be behind a wheel.

I am not taking the hard line that if you've had alcohol you are guaranteed not safe to drive, but there are far more people who mistakenly believe "psh, I'm not drunk, I'm fine" than those who correctly believe it, so clearly you shouldn't be too confident in your own ability to tell.

Don't be an asshole. Don't drive drunk, don't drive tipsy, if you're over the legal limit (more than one beer, basically) don't drive.
>>
>>18230592
This is what I usually do. Drinks are right across the street from the office, so I just pop back in for an hour or so before heading home.
>>
>>18230536
Honestly it depends. Drinking and driving in a crowded city is dangerous as fuck. I would never do that, and I never have done that. Or drank and drove anywhere. But if you live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, i honestly don't see the harm as long as you're not seeing double.

But since you live in the city just get a fucking cab, or since it's so common, carpool with co-workers and take turns DDing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.