[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been trying really hard to lose weight over this year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1432771969265.gif (994KB, 499x320px) Image search: [Google]
1432771969265.gif
994KB, 499x320px
I've been trying really hard to lose weight over this year (I know we're just in April). Much of my effort has been spent towards removing shit from my diet--I've been drinking at least two Cokes daily for literally my entire 20 years on this earth, and have now cut it to one single Coke a month, if at all. I cut out all soda, basically. I didn't expect to slim down immediately and have that be a quick fix. I also have been trying to eat better, but I need to work more on it (I started by cutting out pizza, which I used to eat daily, and start eating more vegetables, like peas, carrots, broccoli) but since the beginning of the year I've only gained weight, not lost it.

I understand that I likely need to add exercise to this--it's difficult for me, because I've gained weight almost exclusively in my stomach, and so my big fat blob of a belly crushes my small feet whenever I try to work out. But still, why am I only gaining weight? I thought cutting out all that sugar and those calories would at least do SOMETHING, but nothing's happened.

I'm not really asking for advice on losing weight, as that shit's everywhere, it's more like, why hasn't the stuff I've been doing work at least a little bit?
>>
exercise is more important than diet (probably)
>>
>>18230288
Yeah, I don't doubt that, but all things being relatively the same I would think cutting out such a massive amount of sugar should show at least some benefits, as opposed to being significantly worse
>>
First of all, don't listen to this faggot >>18230288

While exercize helps a lot, what determines whether you lose or gain weight is whether you eat over or below your TDEE.
>>
>>18230301
But keeping in mind that I've essentially just been cutting out a daily amount of calories equal to maybe 300-400 calories, I don't get what the issue is. I don't think I'm doing anything particularly different, besides the Coke, and if I am, it's eating better.
>>
>>18230301

don't listen to this faggot

look all he said was something everyone already knows! wtheck good going pal.
>>
>>18230301
This anon gets it. I've lost +20lbs eating an unhealthy amount of junk, more out of necessity (neet), just by making sure I cut at least 500 cal a day.
>>
>>18230227
Hey dude im chubby too but recently ive been lifting weights and ive actually lost some weight. I would recommend that but also, there are different body types and generally some take a very long time to lose fat others take a really long time to gain muscle it varies for everybody.
>>
>>18230227

Count your calories. Stick to it. Literally, you will lose weight if you eat at a calorie deficit. You don't even have to go to the gym (although that helps and I'd never recommend against it). You think you're "eating healthier," but replacing Coke with sugary fruit juices isn't going to help. The way you prepare vegetables can be just as bad as pizza. You need to look at your TDEE, as recommended, and eat a deficit of your maintenance weight.

But COUNT CALORIES. Don't eyeball, don't estimate, write them down. Don't cheat, don't reward yourself for good behavior.

This pic is me before and after. It works.
>>
I also started loosing weight this year (16,5 kilos down so far). What I did was to drink more water and eat more fiber/veggies as these fills you up. Counting calories is a bore so I use cups, 3 cups of veggies, 1 cup of meat, 1 cup of pasta/rice/potatoes/whatever. Think of the veggies as your meal and the meat and carbs as accessories to that. Look at what you are eating and actively think about how you can make it healthier.

Why aren't you loosing weight? You are cheating somewhere, wether you are snacking in between meals, using dressing, too big food portions or just generally choosing unhealthy food. You need to reprogram your brain to eat better, make active choices for better things to eat. Once you got that down, start with walking as it kicks up your metabolism, keeps blood sugar levels down, is not hard to do for a longer time. Begin with small walks and work your way up.

Honestly loosing weight is above all about strengthening your character and keeping yourself motivated. Why do you want to loose weight? Focus on the why and whenever motivation drops, remind yourself actively why you are doing it.

Also, my own personal rule was to never punish or reward myself with food. My addiction is chocolate (which is not incredibly bad in itself, but I switched it to 86% cocoa) I limit myself to one square and only have it when I truly want it because it is good. Not because I'm sad (emotional eating) or because I feel like I deserve it (reward eating). I eat it because it is my fav food and goddamn it is delicious. This does not mean you should stuff your face with whatever you feel like whenever, but realize you are human and you will have slip ups. As my friend says "You need food for the soul too."
>>
>>18230403
Congrats on your transformation dude. You look a bit bigger than I do right now, and you on the right is how I want to be

>replacing Coke with sugary fruit juices

This might be the biggest issue, yes.

I just got a second-hand FitBit, and I'm going to begin counting calories. I've tried it before, but this time I will try to really push myself to be strict with it.

>the way you prepare vegetables can be just as bad as pizza
Don't want to sound dumb, but what do you mean?

>>18230455
Grats on the droppage. I try to drink as much water as possible.

You're right in that it's a character thing. Thanks for the encouragement--I think I can definitely do it, since I successfully broke Coke, and let me tell you, two Cokes a day is underselling it. I was literally addicted to it, now I don't need it anymore.

Thanks for the advice.

>>18230379
I've always wanted to lift weights, but I don't really know how (I know, you pick them up ad put them down, but seriously, the gym is intimidating). I've considered picking up weights to use at home. Most of my day is spent on a computer, whether I'm working, doing schoolwork, or just leisure time, so I was thinking of at least trying to lift while I sit on my ass.

Grats on the loss.
>>
>>18230471

>Fitbit counting calories

Your Fitbit is only going to track the calories you burn exercising, and if you track what you're eating compared to what burns in exercise working out, you're going to be very disappointed. A slice of cheese pizza is going to run you nearly 300 calories. You burn about 100 calories running a mile, something you're probably not in very good shape for. Is three miles of jogging worth ONE slice of cheese pizza? Probably not, especially if you're out of shape right now. The faster you realize this, and the faster you stop viewing food as a reward for your exercise (most people's critical mistake), the sooner you'll see results.

>Veggies vs. pizza

It's all in how you prepare them. I'm hoping you're smart enough to realize that deep fried onion rings are just as bad as pizza, but consider what you're cooking your vegetables with. Are you making a super-sweet stir-fry with a thick, sugary sauce? That's gonna be packed with bad calories. Are you saying "veggies are healthy," but tossing them in a cheesy baked dish? Dipping them in ranch dressing or some other sauce high in calories?

Look at labels. Count all of your calories. Don't reward yourself. I lost all of that weight in about 6 months - nearly 60 lbs. All by heavily restricting my calories, eating smart, and exercising but not counting it toward my daily calorie maintenance. It takes a lot of self control.
>>
>>18230585
This. One teaspoon of oil can be 80-100 calories you know. Which is equal to a small piece of steak. Which is equal to a whole big bowl of veggies. Think about what is going to make you feel full.
>>
>>18230227
You can gain weight by just eating broccoli, and you can lose weight just by eating McDonalds. Count your calories or forever be fat because you obviously need it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.