[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here knowledgeable or have experience regarding opiate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: DOGE-6.jpg (130KB, 1020x648px) Image search: [Google]
DOGE-6.jpg
130KB, 1020x648px
Anybody here knowledgeable or have experience regarding opiate withdrawal and detox?

I have kind of an odd question. If a dog is addicted to heroin, IV use of about 5 units from an insulin syringe, could he detox the same way a human could?

Opiate withdrawal technically can't kill a human, but can it kill a dog? What are advisable ways to detox a dog if cold turkey won't work?
>>
>>18230177
>>>/doctor/ for animals aka vet

Also what kind of idiot gives his lovable pet heroin?
>>
>>18230200
it sucks doing heroin on your own, and your dog is already there so it's not exactly insane to share some with the dog
>>
Why is your dog on fucking heroin?

Anyways. For opioid dependence, buprenorphine+naloxone is used in humans. Buprenorphine is a partial mu-opioid agonist and naloxone is an antagonist- basically mild stimulation so you don't go into withdrawal symptoms. I don't think it's something that's readily available for animals but then again, I don't have much experience with pet drugs.

Sincerely,
a pharmfag
>>
>>18230177
From an emotional perspective I used to take tramadol a lot.

It helps to have friends, social interaction and stimulation like that. Swimming cold showers

keep yourself busy.

There was a study with mice, apparently when given drugs like heroin they wouldn't go and drink it when they were with other mice

as opposed to being isolated the mouse 9/10 overdosed itself

Try to find a church or rehab for support
>>
Spare your doggo the pain of withdrawal and shoot it up with 3x of what you think would kill it
Rest in bliss doggo
>>
My junkie ass exgf got my doggo addicted to smack. I fucking hate that bitch.

I had to learn how to locate his radial artery above his paw and inject him with 5 units of black tar. If i don't do this twice a day he starts to cry and roll around; then he'll start to vomit and diarrhea everywhere. It sucks for both of us. I think his tolerance is slowly growing too.

I dont wanna kill him, i just want him off heroin. I have to buy a 25 dollar gram like 2-3 times a week.
>>
Try giving your dog kratom. I heard that helps with heroin withdrawals. Maybe try shooting your dog up with water instead of heroin to see if he'll react. See if it produces a placebo effect. This is a good way to get rid lf psychological addiction.
>>
>>18230322
What the hell dude. It's a dog. Quit being a baby and shoot it
>>
>>18230807
Fuck you dude. He's my best friend. I want him to get clean.
>>
>>18230840
They give best friends like yours away for free at the pound man. You're torturing this dog keeping it alive with such a painful condition. It's selfish to demand the dog live for your sake
>>
>>18230488
I tried the water thing. It doesn't work. My dog knows what heroin smells like
>>
>>18230852
He only really suffers when he gets sick. Since he's only a dog, he doesnt need that much to get high, so i can support his habit for now without him suffering too much.

Im just afraid of an overdose. He came close once and started throwing up everywhere.
>>
>>18230859
Alright man, if you're willing to do that then godspeed.
I think it's beyond fucked up and a perfectly valid reason to put a dog down though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.