[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fucking terrified of being social and I want to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: imout.gif (848KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
imout.gif
848KB, 500x269px
I'm fucking terrified of being social and I want to get over the fear.

In any social situation, no matter how positive, I'm always anticipating how it will end. People put on edge.

How does being social work?
How to human?
>>
You wake up one day, and decide to say hello to every bus driver and clerk you meet. When you feel like it, take on the challenge of asking these people about something, like how about this weather we're having, huh? And then progress, talk to people waiting in line, shopping for the same kind of groceries as you, ask for more interesting stuff like any good ideas about what to do in local area this summer, y'know since you'll planning on staying. Always push to a comfortable limit of social interaction, and also remember to count your gains and pat yourself on the back for even trying.
>>
File: 6316.jpg (67KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
6316.jpg
67KB, 500x650px
Number one thing, you gotta practice. The more you practice, the more you'll realize that there isn't much to be afraid of and that acting awkward isn't going to kill you. And the more you practice, the better you'll get.
>>
>>18229550
I remember how insanely nervous and awkward I was when I got my first job. Was out of school for four years before that, being a shut-in who was already shitty at social interactions.

I'm way better now, because I'm forced into conversing with people on a daily basis, multiple times each day.

Moral of the story, like people are already saying, practice will desensitize you to it all, and make you better and better at it.
>>
I agree with everyone else that practice is the key but getting started can also be hard

What helped me is the realization that people don't think about you as you think they do.

I am sure you have some memories of embarrassing yourself likely in school as a teenager but I guarantee you that nobody else remembers. Because everyone just remembers their own moments.
We all live in our own little universes were we are the protagonists.
>>
>>18229550
i can't agree with everyone that says it is just practice. i talk to anyone i meet on my path, out of courtesy more than anything, and social interaction outside of a close few is still one of the most stressful things i do. and i fail to get past basic topics like weather
>>
One good tip I learned is to not so much focus on yourself and how you're acting, what sort of impression you're giving in that moment. It screws up your brain. Instead try focusing on the other person/people. Make an effort to enjoy the conversation instead of treating it like your own "I'm gonna be social" self centered shtick. You know what they saw in Dtb. The more you pretend to feel a certain way, the more genuine it becomes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.