[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ what do you think of this situation >closing at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20-boss-angry-200812.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
20-boss-angry-200812.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
Hey /adv/ what do you think of this situation

>closing at work last night
>everything goes smoothly
>manager gives me the ok and I clock out about 30 min early
>on the way out I take out the trash
>lift up the bag of garbage and it snags on the dumpster
>spills small pieces of metal (about the size of a quarter) all over the damn place
>they've fallen in a puddle of who knows what on the ground
>nothing around the dumpster that I could clean it up with
>left it all on the ground and went home

I'm sure it was obvious this morning that I had left that shit there, but I didn't want to crawl around and pick it up by hand. I was already off the clock, so I didn't want to do anything about it.

Pretty sure my boss is pissed at me, and I'll be at work in a few hours to get written up.

What would you have done in this situation?
>>
>>18229489
Sounds like you are working at some shop for minimum wage.

Ask yourself:
Do i really like my job so much to make such stress about it? Do they pay me enough to match my commitment for the job?

It is not worth to shorten your own life worrying about shit job and having stress.

Cheers op!
>>
>>18229523
>Sounds like you are working at some shop for minimum wage.
Not minimum wage, and I'm supposed to be one of the more reliable employees. I just didn't want to deal with all that right after I had clocked out. Someone else probably cleaned it up right after while they were still clocked in, but I'm sure they were pissed about it.

>Do i really like my job so much to make such stress about it?
I like my job, but I not enough to rummage around the dumpster at 2:30 in the morning. Still, I've been feeling bad about it all morning.

>Do they pay me enough to match my commitment for the job?
No, they don't.

I guess that's why I'm torn about it. I hate leaving shit for someone else to take care of, but it was just an accident at a bad time.
>>
>>18229544
>I'm supposed to be one of the more reliable employees
There goes that reputation.
>>
>>18229544
Stop stressing so much. You didnt set the shop on fire or killed customer while being streamed directly to facebook.

If it bothers you so much, take experience from it and next time clock out once ALL the things are done.
>>
>>18229489
You could have explained to your manager what happened and said you had clocked out so you didn't want to do work. OSHA and all that jazz and the possible legal ramifications of you cutting your hand on the metal/slipping/getting hurt scares most companies unless this is some mom and pop operation.

How would you feel if another employee had done that to you and just bailed without saying a word?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.