[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my "dating partner" to start setting up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

How do I get my "dating partner" to start setting up dates?

I've been dating this girl for a while now. We've always had a lot of fun on our dates, and whenever I ask her out, she genuinely seems happy to go. But, she never asks me out, or even suggests what we should do. I've asked her before, if she wants to do something else, but she seems like she doesn't really care what we do. It's starting to bother me that I always have to set up the date, for a few reasons: 1) she's a college student, her schedule changes all the time, and she'll often postpone or cancel our dates, plus I always have to ask what days she's free before I even ask her out. I on the other hand, have a very predictable and open schedule - apart from going to work and the gym, I'm almost always free. 2) I share the apartment with my best friend who very rarely leaves. His classes are always done before I get home from work, and after that he almost never leaves. I've practically begged him to go out, but he'll always find an excuse so I feel bad for him. She lives on her own, which makes it infinitely easier. 3) I've ran out of ideas for dates that don't involve us being at home.

What do I do? Is she even into me, or is she just going with the flow - meaning that if I ask her out she'll go otherwise she'll continue her life as if I don't exist?
>>
>>18229286
Chicks don't often suggest what to do my dudebro.

She isn't respecting you though if she drops you a lot.

Leave her my nigga or fuck her and don't catch no feelings.
>>
Seconding, but on the opposite end of the gender spectrum.
I always have to set up dates with guys. They always accept, but I've tried to just go a week without contacting them to see if they would contact me but they never do. I'm always getting the impression they just don't give a rats ass if they see me or not, and that my offers are just "something to do" to them because they never make any effort with me.
>>
>>18229310
>>18229286
Yeah they're just not that into you.
>>
>>18229320
Figured.
Sigh, this has been the past 5 dudes I've dated. I'm in a rut.
>>
>>18229310
Exactly! I've tried something similar - I didn't ask her out for a week, to see if she'd do it. She texted me every day, and I responded normally, but she never asked to do anything together...

I don't want to be the only one putting effort into a relationship.
>>
>>18229310
Comunication is the key:
>do you even enjoy spending time with me?
>so why you never call / text / date me first?
>it hurts me when you never take active role in pursuing me.

>>18229286
Almost the same case.
>why dont you set up date first, i am almost always free.

The cold truth is that your partner probably see you as something else than you see him/her. So maybe consider getting somebody else or force them to take innitiative. Some people dont take dating seriously at all until they get crush on somebody who will probably be as cold to them as they are now towards you.
>>
>>18229325
>She texted me every day
Damn. I never even got that much. It was always radio silence unless I sent the first message and put in 100% of the work to keep conversation flowing.
>>18229330
Yeah, I would always let the relationship just die after about a month. If they couldn't be assed to put any effort into it by then, then I was just kind of done trying.
They were usually all seeing 2-4 girls at once anyways. I just assumed I wasn't the prime girl and he had better options.
>>
>>18229286
You're a man. It's your job to ask her out and set up the date plans, not hers. Stop being such a beta nu-male
Stopped reading there because that was the problem and I don't care about your autistic screeching.
>>
>>18229347
>seeing 2-4 girls
I risk now sounding like memelord, but why are you dating dudes you know they are fucking all girls around them? It sounds to me you are some pretty girl trying to date chad only to be cum and dumped later.

Maybe try to look for "other types of dudes" if you want more than sex?
>>
>>18229358
Chicks fuck guys like this then hope that they'll go monogamous for them. They ask if the relationship is just sex in bed after a while and if you're fucking anyone else.
>>
>>18229358
Well, because that's just how it works anymore.
On both ends really. I'm supposed to be seeing 2-4 other dudes too, I'm just picky and not attractive enough to pull that many. You fuck first, then decide if you date. Thats how the dating game works in 2017. Thats how literally every 20 something I know who is dating someone says they met. They started as fuck buddies, and it grew into more.

I have a type yes, I want a dude thats confident and doesn't reek of insecurity and r9k. And well, I want a guy who's under 300 lbs and understands basic hygiene. I want a guy that doesn't treat me like some sort of god, putting me up on some pedestal because that shit is too stressful. I want to be treated like a normal human being, I'm not lesser, and I'm not greater than him.

These are the kinds of guys I go for. If only "chad" can act like a normal dude who has his life together, then I guess that's that.
>>
>>18229375
Usa?
>>
>>18229375
The fuck? Where do you live that that's how the dating game works?

I feel super fucking old fashioned now, I can never date more than 1 person at time. Time to upgrade.
>>
>>18229390
Chicks will just trll you they want to fuck you these days lol.
>>
>>18229388
>>18229388
yes, usa.
I've heard its a little different in other countries, but here this is how dating in your 20's works. You "see/talk" with a handful of people for a period of time, narrow them down throughout, and by no means do you ever become official before you know if you're sexually compatible.

>>18229396
Guys do too.
>>
>>18229397
>>18229396
To be honest it is very off putting when chicks come on too strongly though. Like when chicks introduce themselves to me at bars or whatever I have never been anything but turned off.
>>
>>18229397
As a person in their 20s as well, I agree it sucks ass I'm not the fuck first and ask questions later kind of guy so I'm left in the dust for this new aged dating bullshit.
>>
File: virginity.png (417KB, 748x776px) Image search: [Google]
virginity.png
417KB, 748x776px
>>18229406
Its a fine balance, the flirting game. You have to be assertive enough to get their attention over the dozens of other girls fighting for it, but not lay it on too thick.

>>18229412
We suffer together dear anon. I'm hanging onto my virginity by a thread. I really don't wanna have to fuck someone I'm not in love with.
Seems that handjobs and oral only goes so far in the new world though.
>>
>>18229397
Well, maybe you dont have to play by the rules you disagree with in the dating system.

But then again i look at scooters, swjs, feminazis and shit which leaks on social media and wonder if usa population is the same as rest on the planet.
>>
>>18229423
hahahahahaha

You're just blowing dudes left and right and hoping they catch feelings?
>>
>>18229423
I'd cool it with the bjs and shit though, gives the impression you're up for more than that.

But I feel you, I live in Miami and it's the capital of degeneracy basically everyone here is superficial as fuck
>>
>>18229425
Not playing by the rules means not playing at all though it seems.
Not following the social norms has done nothing for me except add more failure. It's either start sucking and riding every cock I can find and hope one sticks around, or just accept I'll die alone and nobody will ever love me.
>>18229426
Yeah, it's not working. Hence why I'm gonna have to take the plunge and just start fucking despite hating it all. Gotta do things right I guess, can't find those shortcuts for my own comfort.
>>18229434
If I offer nothing though anon they don't even respond anymore. Why would they? They can get a dozen other girls to get over there and fuck them with a snap of their fingers. What good am I, the chick that already won't fuck them, but also won't blow them?

Maybe I'm false advertising but idk what else to do, other than pop my cherry and feel dead inside as I give up my last trump card of something "special" to give someone willing to seriously date me.
>>
>>18229441
Have you tried growing a personality?
>>
>>18229441
I know a lot of dudes that are good guys that'd wait, hell if we lived close I'd date you but it's not a quantity over quality kind of game, if you wanna hold out for something special then don't say yes to every guy you meet, try the friends first route
>>
>>18229441
Wow. And how do the dudes in usa find wife material gf who wont cheat them 1 months after marriage if they cant even stay monogamous while dating?

Is this the source of
>red pill
>mgtow
>marriage is scam
memes found on 4chan? Are you sure you arent just doing something very wrong like using only tinder to meet dudes?
>>
women are stupid don't waste your time on with the next One
>>
>>18229456
To wait is to have something worth waiting for. If the chick isnt fun and cool then nobody is going to wait. She should be working on that instead of blowing every dude she meets.
>>
>>18229452
I'd say I have quite a bit of personality. I have interests and hobbies, I have opinions and beliefs, I've got goals and dreams, what exactly am I lacking?
Tell me, what have I said that suggests I don't have a personality? Because I honestly don't think I've even divulged enough about myself for anyone to say I do or do not.
It sounds like you're just upset that I know how the dating game works and play it the best I can. Have you tried doing that? It's hard work man.
>>18229456
I have. But you know, it's really impossible to be "just friends" with anyone you have feelings for. Besides, friends these days come with benefits. And if you don't provide those benefits, there's no point in being friends.
I'm on the fence. I'll just have to wait and see which side I fall over on. Will my desire to keep real sex a little more sacred and meaningful win, or will my desire to just not be alone anymore win? Time will tell.
>>18229466
I suppose there's a reason divorce rates are on the rise. You name a way to meet and talk to people, I've done it. 4 different online dating sites, friends of friends, coworker, class mates, random bar dudes, random dudes anywhere in the world just walking about on the street, fuck I even tried to get my parents to set me up (which was as awkward and terrible as it sounds, but I can say I tried it at least).
>>
>>18229472
This is true but I don't know her so I can't comment on that. I know that if I find someone I really care about I'll wait a long ass time if I feel there's a future, and I'm willing to bet all but the chadiest of dickwads are the same. But again I don't know her or the guys she's dating.
>>
>>18229441
Do you do anything interesting? Passions? Hobbies?

I write music and play at open mics etc. I've met alot of awesome people at those, even got a relationship out of it. You're just out LOOKING for a relationship, instead of searching for one try going out and doing things you find interesting, eventually you'll find someone who's interested in the same thing and then you'll have a relationship not based out of superficial dating for the sake of dating.

Maybe i'm biased because i'm blessed with a passion, but i've never had enjoyable dates meeting someone that I didn't share at least one common interest with.
>>
>>18229498
I paint and draw. I design and build furniture. I have interest in architecture. I'm learning a second language. I enjoy film and animation. I like video games, card games (like black jack, rather than magic), and also board games. I like paranormal stuff, I'm very interested in forensics and crime.
I meet lots of people with similar interests, it doesn't change the end result. They all act like I'm the back burner friend. They'll respond when I put in the effort, but will not do the same for me. I go to plenty events of things I enjoy, meeting the random people in random places has literally been my last result, last thing to try, because if I didn't that's what everyone would tell me. "Well go try that and quit complaining, you haven't even tried everything yet."

The majority of people I go after though I go after because we have a lot in common. This aint my first rodeo anon, I've been playing the field for years now.
>>
>>18229286
she might havr a big ass to do list, doesnt want something serious, or is afraid of speaking up. is her schedule the only excuse? also, find out if shes bored of you.
>>
>>18229516
hmm, well are you going to just give up? In my experience when you stop caring about finding a partner and just focus on enjoying yourself (out in public of course) people come around when you least expect it. You give off less of a desperate vibe, even if you don't feel you come across as desperate, if you're posting on the advice section of a Japanese children's cartoon image board you very very VERY likely give off that vibe, even if you dont personally notice it
>>
>>18229330
>do you even enjoy spending time with me?
>so why you never call / text / date me first?
these are bad questions because they are accusatory and will get defensive answers

>it hurts me when you never take active role in pursuing me.
This is a good thing to say because it only talks about yourself and how you feel without accusing your partner of anything. It's neutral and matter of factly.
>>
>>18229390
>I can never date more than 1 person at time. Time to upgrade.
I hear you, for the first time in my life 2 women want to date me and I find them both amazing, but for different reasons, but dating both of them at the same time makes me feel really uncomfortable.
>>
>>18229538
I tried that too lmao.
But I found you can't just pretend not to care. You have to actually just not have an interest in it. You can bottle it up and try and fool yourself saying "I don't care that I'm lonely and I don't want someone to make me feel important and wanted. I'm perfectly happy going to bed alone every single night, knowing if I died in my sleep nobody would really give a fuck." but it's really not a good feeling.
I understand the desperation thing. I really do. But you can't just /not/ be desperate when you are. You can't just will yourself to stop caring.
>>
>>18229557
I hear you, i'm not sure what it's like being a girl, you know the whole emotions and hormones thing. But when I get into that train of thought, I stop where I am and realize that i'm being a drama queen and my life isn't a drama movie.

Maybe you just need a lobotomy, totally forget about everything get rid of your emotions. But realistically, you know what your problem is, keep trying to correct it.
>>
>>18229516
Ok, are you ugly and/or fat?
>>
>>18229557
>>18229570
therapy cured me of my neediness

no joke

Once I felt complete just on my own and by myself girls started to flock to me like mad. I'm getting laid every single night I go out and have 3 girls who are madly in love with me right now where I'm actually having trouble whom to pick because they're all amazing. And one girl I have friendzoned because she's kinda cool in a very dorky way, but nowhere near attractive enough for me to see myself in a relationship with her.

And I'm saying that as a guy who had sex a total of 1 time by the age of 29, never even had a gf up to that age. 30 now.
>>
>>18229570
Yeah sure whatever man.

>>18229576
I wouldn't say so. I'm not the hottest chick in the world, but I sit rather comfortably at 6 I'd say. 7 when I'm really trying.
And I'm also not gunning for dudes out of my league or anything too. The most attractive dude I ever took a swing for was an 8 to me. I tend to usually chase fellow 6's though.
>Looks are subjective
Yes, but I'm using the average, as close to universal as possible scale. Whenever I asked a wide variety of people how they'd rate me, my average was 6-7. The dudes I'm going for are what the average person would say is 6-7.
Even though a lot of those "average" dudes are actually much more attractive to my personal tastes.
>>
>>18229607
>And I'm also not gunning for dudes out of my league or anything too. The most attractive dude I ever took a swing for was an 8 to me. I tend to usually chase fellow 6's though.
This is unrelated to your problem and you may or may not answer, but I'm asking out of genuine curiousness.

What do you do when you go out trying to find a partner? Like, I know how the process works when you're a guy trying to pick up chicks after years of hard learning, but I'm curious what the other side looks like and what you, as a woman, "do" to get a guys attention and to try to keep it.

Maybe you're the wrong person to ask though since what you're doing obviously doesn't seem to be working... idk
Sorry I asked
>>
>>18229587
I like you anon.
>>18229607
Listen to the anon above. Therapy is LITERALLY a magical cure (but you still need to put in the work). If you ignore the advice of going to therapy because of stigma, it's like not vaccinating your kid because you fell for the autism memes.
>>
>>18229618
>Go to event
>See a dude that looks attractive
>At first, give subtle hints to see if he'll come to me, just because I'd prefer it that way. What does this look like? Making eye contact, smiling, sometimes waving, moving closer, making myself as open and accepting as possible with body language.
>When that doesn't work, just walk up to him and say hi.
>Make small talk about whatever event we're doing, whatever topics come up. Last dude I was "talking to" I met in class, so we shot the shit about the teacher, the course, the degree, etc. Moved onto other topics as it came up.
>When conversation starts to die, try to keep as many topics up as possible, use literally anything in our surrounding to try and bring it back to life naturally. Sometimes, just take the plunge and risk sounding autistic and bringing up any random topic I can think of despite not fitting whatsoever to anything we were talking about before. Zero segway.
>Before leaving, ask for their number.
>Text for about a day
>Get ghosted.
That's the average experience.
>>18229621
Alright, to risk sounding like a broken record, I've tried that too.
I did therapy for different reasons, but therapy fundamentally does not work on me because I cannot find a logic to it.
I walk in, pay some bitch 5000 dollars to listen to me bitch, give me zero advise or help (because they aren't supposed to, just try and trick you into coming up with your own solutions), tell me what I want to hear, pat me on the back and say "See ya next time, make sure you got another 5 grand"
I do not see anything about this that doesn't sound like a scam to me.
I can bitch to you all on 4chan for free and get the same experience. Why would I pay someone thousands of dollars to do the exact same thing?
Therapy only works if you let it, like a placebo effect. When you cannot walk into a place without thinking "I'm paying this bitch to tell me what I want to hear, she's just here to collect a paycheck" it doesnt work.
>>
>>18229657
as a therapist myself I am sorry to hear you've had so many bad experiences, but from what I see and hear (and experienced myself) it is not an uncommon one.

Actually part of the reason why I got into the profession myself so I can give help to people that actually works.

Thanks for answering my question about approaching guys btw
>>
>>18229674
Again though, is it not like a fundamental part of the job to NOT give explicit advice? Because then you're legally liable or something when it goes to shit? That's why you gotta put us through mental gymnastics to make us fill in the blanks and find our own solution?

Because that whole system to me just says, why am I paying you? I can do all the mental hula hoops on my own and figure out my own solutions, without paying ridiculous amounts of cash. I get you have food to put on the table too, but I just don't see why your profession is necessary if we all have the capabilities to figure our own shit out.
>>
>>18229701
What you're describing is more akin to coaching where you come up with the solutions to your problems yourself. But it is a process, if the coach is shit or even mediocre, stays very much at a surface level, has no depth and feels very underwhelming to the point where you are asking yourself "why am I even paying you?".

Therapy is supposed to go down to a deeper level, into the dirty, gritty layer that makes you feel uncomfortable where you are starting to experience existential dread, loneliness and sadness.

These emotions are usually blocked off by whatever guard mechanisms you have put in place for yourself, but they will bite you in the ass anyways still and make you do stupid shit that's just not helping, keeping you locked in similar behavioural patterns which result in similar results every time.

Only by experiencing these emotions fully and opening yourself up to them can you start to mend as a personality.

A therapists job is twofold. For one he needs to guide you deep down into the trauma so you can actually experience what is hurting you and then, with the proper therapeutic techniques, initiate the healing process.

I was smiling when you wrote
>therapy fundamentally does not work on me because I cannot find a logic to it
because therapy fundamentally is NOT a logic process. It is not something you can think your way through or out of, but it is also the most basic misunderstanding (bad) therapists have. They learn all these flowcharts and patterns of how the human psyche works and think all they have to do is say the right words, push the proper buttons and a healthy person will emerge.

This is not how it works. You need empathy above all and then help the client to feel the solution, not help them think of it. That's not how it works.
>>
>>18229621
I have mild autism and I received all of my vaccines. Also I dont think therapy works if you have a mental illness.
>>
>>18229771
>Also I dont think therapy works if you have a mental illness.
That is literally for when you do get psychotherapy though and its purpose.
>>
>>18229760
I'd still rather go to a shitty coach than a good therapist then because at least one is actually doing something for me. I know what I'm feeling, I know why I'm upset. Now tell me how to fix it. That's what I don't know how to do, and all these therapist I've seen like to pretend like they have the tools to help me but they can never just tell me "Ok, here's what the fuck you do anon. Do these things and you'll feel better".

>There is no logic
and that's why I have such issue with it. I'm an incredibly logical person. Seeing is believing, if you aren't physically doing something then you aren't doing anything at all. It's why the drugs did far more for me than the therapy ever did. I believe in the drugs. Drugs make sense, they're chemicals that are interacting with the chemicals in your body. Its just a series of physical reactions.
No amount of hippie yoga, deep breathing, and mental mind fucks are gonna make me feel like I'm doing anything at all to solve the problem. No amount of sitting down and just talking about my feelings, that I basically do every damn day on here and other anon apps, is gonna make me feel like I'm doing anything at all. Its not gonna get me what I want. It's not gonna make me happy. It's just gonna eat away at my wallet and make me feel ripped off when I leave a year later still miserable.
>>
>>18229793
>>18229760
And at the end of the day, I just really do not have the 300 bucks an hour to blow every week when I'm often choosing between paying my electric bill and buying groceries.
For real, I've been living off a single bag of frozen corn and a box of noodles for about a week now waiting for my direct deposit to hit because my shitbag roommate bounced a check and I had to cover her bill too just to keep the water on. She'll "pay me back" of course. Who knows when though.

And yes, one bowl of corn noodles a day for a week has gotten real old.
>>
>>18229793
>I know what I'm feeling, I know why I'm upset.
No offense, but from my experience no person in therapy knows what they are feeling beyond the surface level and the real reason why they are upset.

You feel sad because you are lonely? Cool. Why do you feel sad when you are alone? You might as well feel content with just being by yourself, without a partner. (Not with complete human isolation of course)

This is just a rhetorical question obviously because no answer you could possibly write down is going to help you.

>I'm an incredibly logical person
I know. And you are smart enough to run circles around most people who therapy.
>No amount of sitting down and just talking about my feelings
And that is exactly what most therapists do wrong. Just talking about your feelings isn't going to help anyone, except the therapist's wallet.
>>
>>18229838
Rhetorical or not I'm gonna answer it
Why do I feel sad when I'm alone? Because it's within our instincts to pair up. It's biological. We are social creatures, we are not meant to be alone all the time. We have the biological urge to pair off, romantically and sexually. It's survival.
Economically speaking, it's easier to live with others than by yourself. It's easier to live off 2 paychecks than one.
Physically, you're safer in groups. Having a mate who's strong attachment to you means they will do more to protect you makes you feel safer.
As I said, logical person. In the end, we're all just glorified animals with higher mental capacity. There are instincts deeply rooted into our genetics and biology. Pairing off is one of those things. There's a scientific explanation for our emotions and feelings. When we're not following that genetic code, our bodies react by releasing the sad feels hormones to kick our asses into gear to fix the problem.

>And that is exactly what most therapists do wrong.
Then tell me wise one, what the fuck exactly do you do in your sessions that is so different?
>>
>>18229879
The idea is to make you feel the reason why you feel sad when you are alone, not have you give me a scientific paper on it.

You can understand something intellectually without being able to process it emotionally. My job is to help you accomplish the latter.
>>
>>18229905
That just doesnt make sense to me.
>Feel the feeling
I am. I'm feeling it all the time bro. That's why I would hypothetically be coming to you office. So say I'm feeling the feeling. What then. How does that help me?
>>
>>18229912
plenty of people come to me with anger issues. Some people say they feel angry 100% of the day, all the time.

At first I treated the anger. People would then come back to me next week feeling overwhelming sadness.

Nowadays I never treat the anger anymore, but look what's behind it and it is almost always overwhelming sadness. The anger goes away once we've processed the sadness which the anger was masking.

>So say I'm feeling the feeling. What then. How does that help me?
It's the first step, as I said before. Once you are truly in touch with your emotions, the process work can begin.
>>
>>18229937
Alright, it seems like I'm fighting you I know, but I really am just trying to wrap my damn scull around all this shit. I just really do not fucking understand what you're doing.

Can you give me like, a specific case or story or something. I know you've gotta be bound by confidentiality and shit, but give me an example. Because I'm just not getting it.
Dude comes in and says I'm angry.
You say "Boom. Now you're not angry anymore."
Dude says "Cool I'm not angry anymore. Now I'm sad."
You wave your magic wand again and say "Now you're not sad anymore"?
I'm really trying to understand this, but it's all coming out super vague and I'm just not smart enough (or dumb enough) to comprehend.
>>
>>18229956
I can understand that it seems vague and hard to comprehend. Mainly the reason is because it is not a skill where there is value in understanding it logically.

It's like, say you're a painter. There is no point in knowing the exact chemical composition of the red paint you are using, there is no point in knowing the number of hairs on your brush or the amount of force in Newtons you are applying to the canvas.

It is an intuitive process and one of the most important things is to be in the moment and forget about everything you have learned before.

To give you some actual answers on the method I use, it is method similar to Chinese acupuncture where I have the client stimulate certain points on their body by tapping these while being focused on the emotion and speaking keyphrases such as "I deeply and completely accept myself". It sounds cheesy, because it is, but your subconscious doesn't care. You don't even have to believe it, it will still retain its effectiveness.

There's three reasons that have been postulated why this method works. 1 is unconditional acceptance of your emotions 2 is actual focus on the blocked emotions and 3 is stimulating the points on the body to allow for the flow to return.

None of these have been scientifically been proven (or disproven, because no real studies have been funded) but from experience I can say that I can help a good 80% of people coming to me within the first 5 two hour sessions of seeing me to the point where we actually run out issues to deal with sometimes.
>>
>>18229554
for the first time in my life similar situation desu. It feels so wrong
>>
>>18230030
>It feels so wrong
I know right?

I am still unsure if I should go through with this date on Wednesday with the woman I met 2nd.

At the same time the girl I met first, we didn't do anything but hold hands on the first date and it's not like we are even close to being a couple, but I like her a lot more, so...
>>
>>18230024
I suppose I'm just not really gonna understand it.

So I guess my next question, do you honestly believe a skeptic like me, who doesn't even understand the point of what you're doing, can really be helped by this shit.
If it's just in the core of my mindset to inherently reject what I don't understand, and I can't understand this, can it really still help me. Will it just click eventually? Because I'll be real, I'm wiling to head to the only therapy I can afford, which is the shitty campus thing that's basically the psychology majors internship. It's free, and I'm certain I'll get what I pay for (which since I'd be paying nothing I'll probably get nothing in return), but if therapy is a solution it's the only option I've got.
>>
>>18230039
fucking exactly the same m8 except I've kissed the first girl. its quite confusing
>>
>>18230047
depends on your willingness to put this aside

There is a proven principle in natural sciences that says that we cannot know everything and in mathematics there is a theorem that proves that we cannot prove everything, even if it may turn out to be true anyways.

Can you authentically say "I may not understand this right now but I'm willing to give it a shot and see if it works anyway"?

When you are sitting in an airplane, do you understand the exact engineering that was required to make it fly? When you are cooking food, do you know the precise chemical breakdown of the food you are preparing? When you take medicine do you completely understand how it interacts with your body?

Life is full of things we don't understand and need to take on good faith.

I used to study physics, IT sciences and mathematics. I used to be a hardcore logical person and a lot of people in the arts still tell me how I am incredibly hindered by my intellect and overthinking. My own therapeutic journey opened me up a lot to not understand everything anymore. The more I learned about therapy the more I realized that it simply doesn't matter as much as I used to think.
>>
>>18230083
Alright, I think I can go into it only slightly biased I suppose. I can say "fuck it, it's been like 6 years since I tried this before, I don't really believe in it. I don't really trust it. But what do I have to lose other than time. It's fucking free."

If you've done anything, you've at least made me want to try and fucking understand your weird hoodoo magic. Though it's more of my logical side wanting to find some sort of logical explanation for why this somehow helps people than anything else. You made me want to understand this shit at least.
Idk if that's the proper reason to go into it, or if that's just gonna backfire because that's the closest I can get to "putting it aside".
>>
File: Psycho-Logic of Systemic Tapping.png (314KB, 1914x1483px) Image search: [Google]
Psycho-Logic of Systemic Tapping.png
314KB, 1914x1483px
>>18230105
learn German, it's all online :^)

http://www.klopf-tutorial.de/

pretty colourful diagrams as well! One of which I have even translated. Though it is outdated by now.
>>
>>18230116
kek think it would take me much longer to learn german than just fix my problem.

Hell I went to Munich in december with only basic phrases and apparently my pronunciation was just such shit I'd start something and the shop keep or whoever would cut me off and say "English is fine, just speak English"

Whatever the word for "excuse me" is, I'm pretty sure I never actually said it right. I would just mumble it quickly and enough people got the gyst.
>>
>>18230165
I personally don't think Bavarians have any right to criticise anybody's German
>>
>>18230188
kek we had one dude wearing a helmet for some reason on a subway yell at us in angry german, and then in english scream "GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY"

Honestly made me a little less homesick, felt right at home hearing that phrase being shout lol. Even though it was directed at me.
We just assumed he was retarded given the helmet.
>>
>>18229286
Maybe she is afraid of taking the next step and just kinda waits where will you lead her. At least, that's my case.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.