[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get out of your own head? I'm constantly overthinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nxko9vrTSb1scs598o2_1280.png (511KB, 596x590px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxko9vrTSb1scs598o2_1280.png
511KB, 596x590px
How do you get out of your own head?
I'm constantly overthinking social interactions, every word I relay, how I look, what other people think of me, etc.
I just have this unshakeable feeling that life is a lot simpler than I make it out to be.
>>
You can break your thoughts with using a key sentence that you repeat to yourself whenever your mind begin to wander down that route. Such as "I'm the master of my thoughts." This is to snap out of the bad thinking so you can focus on positive thoughts.

You're insecure and can fix that by thinking of yourself in a positive light. Things you're proud of you've done. Repeat to yourself that you are good as you are. Eventually you'll start to believe it and worry less about what other thinks. In the end it is what you think of yourself that gives you value.
>>
File: gambina spurdo.png (41KB, 426x384px) Image search: [Google]
gambina spurdo.png
41KB, 426x384px
>>18229223
Alcohol.
And lots of it.
>>
>>18229276
Sause for quote?
>>
>>18229223
do you go through periods of wanting to shave your head? if you dont then youre not self conscious
>>
>>18229551
I do actually! Once my hair grows, I use hats to calm myself down about my appearance.
>>
>>18229300
this, had many times i was pretty down with the exact same problem, had couple of breakdowns too so i began to write some things that reminded me about those moments and how i felt about them like: "Soundless and thoughtfull is the peace of mind, cheerful and encouraging are the friends of mine, then why do i yet feel so alone and forgotten, maybe because my sorrow lies deep down on the limitless bottom" or "dont surrender to your emotions because in the end they will devour you" i like to repeat these things to get my mind into a diffrent direction and start thinking about other stuff instead
>>
File: Chart_97_rgb_500pxlH.jpg (74KB, 283x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chart_97_rgb_500pxlH.jpg
74KB, 283x500px
>>18229223
>>
>>18229496
Idk. Why?
>>
Alcohol.
>>
>>18229223
lose weight and you'll feel 1000x better about yourself, trust me :)
>>
>>18229223
Life is not simple, and social interactions SEEM simple on the surface, from the untrained eye. There's a lot going on in simple conversation - body language and subtle voice cues.

What helped me was learning that everyone else has insecurities too. That any depression, or social anxiety you've had during your life, other people have experienced as well, to varying degrees. No one has a perfect life, no matter how much they try to make it seem that way.

It really comes down to practice. You just have to interact with people more. Make jokes, even if they're bad. Sometimes I just make observations on things that aren't necessarily remarkable, unless you have the right eye for it. Sometimes these observations are funny, sometimes they're not.

Conversation is a skill that you need to learn over time.

I learned it bartending, but not everyone has that luxury.

>>18229386
Alcohol helps, but it's a slippery slope. If your whole personality around your friends begins to revolve around alcohol, you're going to find yourself drinking a lot more than you probably want to.

Still a good way to get out the gate though, relieves some of the tension, at least at first. Sometimes it's fun to get progressively more drunk with people, and then the jokes can kind of fly out like they have a life of their own.
>>
Try giving yourself a meditation retreat OP, just give yourself a week free from as much bullshit as you can manage and avoid doing anything that you feel isnt really helping you "go anywhere", even if you enjoy it. If you do this successfully at some point your ego will eventually cave in on itself for a short while and you will feel an incredible freedom and clarity of thought as your point of awareness is no longer so focused on "you" but on the bigger picture.

You can try this but if thats too hard you can just take some acid and go to the park on a nice day. Make sure you pay attention to how your awareness shifts when the drug kicks in since the process of getting out of your head is roughly the same.
>>
>>18229223
>I'm constantly overthinking social interactions,
dont fucking do that, you'd be pretty surprised how petty the vast majority of the population is
>>
>>18229223
if you lay in bed with spiralling thoughts keeping you awake try taking methylphenidate XR in the morning. I've heard it clears the fog.
>>
>>18231131
Thanks anon.

I'm honestly considering bartending for some change, as a way of throwing myself headfirst into my fear
>>
>>18231513
Petty?
>>
>>18231990
>you have to talk to someone
>they fucking ask you some oddball question
>you internally sperg and answer anyways
>the conversation doesnt really change anything or resulted in anything or wasnt even about anything important
>on the other persons end it is somehow because things like levels on interest, confidence, insecurities and such are revealed
people are really that low that insignificant convos while have huge affects on them
>>
Take this analytical brain power and apply it to something. Trust me, this tendency won't go away. It's a gift and a curse. Stop focusing so much on how much of a curse it is and utilize it as a gift.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.