[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost my boyfriend in a motorcycle cycle crash yesterday. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3486.jpg (70KB, 763x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3486.jpg
70KB, 763x620px
Lost my boyfriend in a motorcycle cycle crash yesterday. I'm a mess right now. Does anyone have any advice on coping with the death of a loved one?
>>
File: f15.jpg (177KB, 700x379px)
f15.jpg
177KB, 700x379px
>>18228896
Pic related.

Go eat ice cream.

You will survive femanon.
>>
>>18228919
>>18228896
Let the tears flow and say goodbye to him.
>>
>>18228896
-Try not to become addicted to alcohol or other drugs.
-Try not to cry in public
-Try to think as little about it as possible
>>
what's a motorcycle cycle?
>>
>>18228919
>>
im sorry motorcycle took your boyfriend away.

maybe i can be your motorcycle tonight ;)
>>
>>18228896

Think about what your boyfriend would want for you. Would he want you to be miserable for years to come?

Live life like you should but maybe a few days of mourning would be fine.
>>
>>18228924
Didn't realize I did that
>>
>>18228896
Was it the guy who got decapitated?
>>
>>18228935
Nah
>>
>>18228896
Idk. If my mom died I'd kill myself
>>
>>18228946
That's how I'm feeling right now.
>>
>>18228946
Why, Anon?

No parent should have to watch their child die, she will eventually die before you.
>>
>>18228953
Try getting a therapist and develop some coping skills
>>
>>18228935
Yes
I have no idea
>>
The reason you feel the pain would probably be because you haven't fully accepted the accident has happened.

Let yourself be a mess; you need to feel the pain of your loss in order for it to eventually pass through you. Allow yourself to yell, scream, cry or whatever in private. After allowing yourself to grieve, be sure to find and focus on your life outcomes again. This will help tremendously for you.

You feel like shit right now and that's OK. Best of luck anon, you WILL get through this, have the mindset of that it is just a matter of time.
>>
Yo, lost a very close friend a few years back. Don't try to cope at first, remember that this is a process. Let it all out, you need time to mourn. That being said, don't obsess. Take as much time as you need and try to ease back into your normal routine one thing at a time. In the meantime, surround yourself with loved ones and reminisce. It's very cathartic.
>>
Cry, eat a tub of ice cream, find a pet or stuffed animal and hug it for three hours, get mad and yell at the world, play video games and pretend that it didn't happen, call a friend, do whatever you feel like as long as it doesn't involve hurting yourself or somebody else (drinking is okay but don't be stupid about it).

To reiterate what the guy above me said, it's OK to be a mess and it's okay to be in pain, but it will hurt a little bit less every day.

I'm sorry this happened.
>>
>>18228896
How old is you bf anon
>>
Talk. Talk to your closest friends and family. Talk about what he meant to you, talk about your relationship, the dreams you had for the future talk about everything even the most hurtful stuff and dont shy away from anything. Its okay if you cry its okay if you just give up for a week or two, Right now you should focus on coping more than anything else, the people around you will understand.
>>
File: adios[1].jpg (85KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
adios[1].jpg
85KB, 640x640px
>>18228896
>>
>>18229020
>>
>>18229045
That actually made me smirk, thanks.
>>
>>18229051
Way too young to go May i ask what state the crash happened
>>
My advice is to go look this up on google. There are infinitely better sources online that can help you with this. Like articles from reputable psychology websites. Youtube vids from people who have legit jobs in psychology and etc. Stuff like this.
>>
Realize what he meant to you.
Think about the things you regretted never doing.
Realize he is gone.
Grieve his loss.

And realize you will NEVER move on... only cope. Something down the line will remind you of him and make you cry.

But realize that this is all COMPLETELY normal.
>>
>>18228896
was he a squid? not wearing a helmet? did he not have his aerostitch suit on? sorry for your loss but unless he got ran over by a semi truck he should have been fine.
>>
I can't believe people are legitimately responding to this retarded troll thread
>>
In situations like this it's okay to grieve, it's a natural response. Give yourself time and let your emotions out, cry all night.

Just don't let it consume you completely for months on end. Don't get addicted to drugs. See a therapist.
>>
Thank you everyone for all your thoughtful responses. I'll keep all of it in mind as I go through this. He was one of the greatest people I've ever met. I know it's gonna be a tough road from here.
>>
>>18229119
Realize how fortunate you were to know such an awesome person. It won't be a cure for grief, but it helps process the "why?"
>>
>>18228896
I'd not go to work/uni/whatever for a few days. Talk to your family, his family, your friends every day. Cry your eyes out every other day for the next two months. Take some long walks at night to be in nature while crying silently and maybe hug some trees. Write letters to him that you'll keep for yourself and maybe burry them at a place that reminds you of him. They don't have to make perfect sense and have perfect form, but make sure they contain all those unbearable thoughts and feelings. Meet one or more friends every day. Hug your parents and siblings often. When you feel like you would like to off your very existence make sure to have people around you you love or call someone. On friday or saturday drink a few beers with friends. Maybe do some lifting. The only time when I felt down on earth with both feet after I got cheated on was when I had a little alcohol on the weekend or after a workout at the gym. Friend who's father died felt the same.
Sometimes visualize yourself achieving goals you've set. This keeps you going just a little and something you can cling some hope onto
>>
File: IMG_3117.jpg (54KB, 940x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3117.jpg
54KB, 940x380px
>>18228896
Pls femanon, pls, u act like u wont stroke another shaft in your days to come. This is just inconvenience and a huge wake up call.
>>
>>18228896
Be happy, because all his problems are now over. He feels no pain, no fear, no anxiety, no anything at all. Just the ultimate tranquility of no sensation.
>>
>>18228896
Bitch, don't be so upset about a motorcycle.
>>
OP if you're still around I can answer questions if you have any. I lost my boyfriend 2 years ago.

My advice is be a mess. Allow yourself to cry, be angry, do whatever you need to do. Talk with those effected by his death. Sharing memories of him with others helps tremendously. I was a mess after my BF passed. I didn't eat, didn't talk, and eventually ended up in the hospital due to an overdose. I hope you cope better than I did.
>>
There's really no way to deal with.

You have to realize that the world will spiral on without him, just like it would without anyone else. And that's nothing this post will help you with, only time will make you realize that.

I'm sorry.
I've lost loved ones and a day rarely goes by where I'm not thinking about them.
But I'm not crying about it anymore, I'm glad for the time I got to spend together with them.
"To have loved and lost, is better than to never have loved at all" is a very good saying.
>>
>>18229201
not OP

sorry about your personality and life. you're pathetic and what you post is half-comprehensible.
>>
File: 575674.jpg (239KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
575674.jpg
239KB, 1600x1000px
>>18229051
This made me puke. Bless your heart femanon, my heart aches for you. Hoping you can distract yourself and find peace during this time. Wish I could say more. :(
>>
Girls are experts at replacing someone they love with some other person.

Just find a new bf and youll forget about him in a flash.
>>
>>18228896
Maybe you should invest in BFs with longer lifespans, try getting one that doesn't have a motorcycle.
>>
>>18228896
>Does anyone have any advice on coping with the death of a loved one?

Nope.

There's no way to cope other than "stay alive until it hurts less".

Time is the only thing that helps this shit.

Until then, do whatever it takes to stop yourself from trying to join 'em. Listen to music, binge on junk food, have some personal time from work, talk to family, all the usual shit.

But the truth is, you can only wait for shit to get better, and for you to adjust to life without them.
>>
File: I.jpg (67KB, 869x641px) Image search: [Google]
I.jpg
67KB, 869x641px
>>18228896
Bet you he was speeding between lanes. Any pics?
>>18228959
>No parent should have to watch their child die
>Idk. If my mom died I'd kill myself
Wat
>>
>>18228896
Honestly i just think you gotta say goodbye and maybe try spending time with his family and your close friends
>>
>>18230250
ALRIGHTY NOW I THINK EVERY ONE OF YALL MOTHERFUCKERS HERE KNOW THAT THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE IS TRUE, THIS MOTHER, IS FUCKING GOLDEN. LISTEN TO THAT FUCKING ANON. DING DING DING DING
>>
>>18228896
When I'm sad I usually take a nice, relaxing trip on my motorcycle down the open highways. If you don't have a motorcycle, you can rent one. You'll be glad you did.
>>
>>18230396
Dont forget to be like this guy right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo3cVuvVRUE
>>
Two years ago I lost one friend to suicide, another to a mystery death, two less close friends to cancer, and my father to cancer all within about 8 months.

Read some Marcus Aurelius and other stoic texts. Take long walks if it's nice out. Cry if you have to, that shit feels great. Listen to some good jams, smoke some good herb, and just take it easy.

Most of all, don't take life too seriously. This isn't the last time you'll have to lose a loved one, so try not to let grief get the best of you.
>>
>>18228896
I've never lost a lover but I have lost way too many people I considered best friends. I've had 2 friends die of cancer within a few months of each other about 3 years ago and, another just passed away unexpected in his sleep due to complications with diabetes in January.

When you lose someone your close to especially unexpected there really isn't no quick way to coping with it. I remember in the days following his death I walked around like I was in a fog and I kept hoping I would wake up from whatever terrible nightmare I was in. I also remember praying to just about every god I could think of to turn back time and in exchange they could have my life.

For me it really wasn't till the memorial service that I even came to terms with what had happened was even real. The scar of losing someone like that never really goes away though. It's always a painful wound that stays with you, it just hurts a little less over time.

I still think of each one of them from time to time and miss them dearly, but I also find comfort in the fact that even though they are gone from this world and I'll never see them again. I know a little piece of their lives still lives inside of myself and I will nurture and care for that little piece till the day I die. I also hope that I can pass that piece onto someone else before I die so that idea, thought, story or song that came from them can keep living on long after I'm gone.
>>
>>18230758
Thank you so much for this.
>>
Like I said earlier, thank you everyone for your kind words. I expected some harsh ones too. I'm just pushing forward. I've been talking to his mom and figuring out the details for his service. I've been crying a lot, eating a lot, and surrounding myself with loved ones. I know he'd want me to get through this.
>>
>>18228896
With time, this too shall pass. Sorry this happened.
>>
Honestly your life will be pure suffering for the next six months, at least. There is no short cut. I'm really sorry, try leaning on people close to you, but you're gonna miss him like hell. Let the grief run its course would be my advice. I've never had someone close to me die.
>>
Every time I think I'm sad I come to 4chan and see threads like these and realize what a fucking lucky bastard I am

I'm sorry for your loss, seriously, I hope you get better and find new happiness in your life
>>
There is a famous couplet in my language:

Who has a problem with death?
Today their turn, tomorrow ours

Don't be depressed. Realize that death is an inescapable fact of life. You will die too. And there's nothing bad about that, its perfectly natural. Cherish your boyfriends memory, while accepting his death. For a grief eventually leads to accepting it.

Find the inner strength and tenacity that so many women like you have in them. Stay strong girl!
>>
>>18228896
>muh feelings and sentimental experience of things

Stop being weak and dramatic.
>>
>>18230381
Is that sarcasm?
>>
Sleep tight rider.
>>
>>18231847
Nigger
>>
I'll might sound like an asshole
But which bike was he riding
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.