[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I motivate myself to not be an alcoholic when it literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1743.jpg (30KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1743.jpg
30KB, 640x430px
How do I motivate myself to not be an alcoholic when it literally makes no difference whether I spend the night getting drunk or being sober?
>>
My next work shift is tuesday-wednesday night. If I stay up drinking beer to 6 AM tomorrow and sleep 8 hours, I'll still have additional 8 hours to recover from the hangover before heading off to work. Another 24 hours shat off and closer to the grave.

From what everyone's telling me that should not sound like a tempting arrangement, not to speak of a great deal, but I can't think of any rational reason why not, for as long as I keep away from any social media and nobody hears of it.

If I'm not caught, nobody knows, nobody worries, no harm done. And apparently that isn't how it's supposed to work.
>>
>>18228920
Sounds responsible(ish)
The problem is when you do it constantly and you have work in 8 hours but you just can't not drink.
It tends to be a slippery slope, one alcoholic to another.

Some people can resist and be good with it, maybe your one of those. There are heroin users that manage it pretty responsibly believe it or not. Maybe you're that type, but maybe you're the type that will come in drunk to work from last night and get fired or worse.

One way to really find out and I'm always a fine of testing my limits. My mom would say stop being an idiot and drink on weekends like everyone else
>>
File: latest.png (19KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
19KB, 380x380px
>>18228878
You see op, alcohol is legal substance which is considered more harmful and addictive than many other illegal substances.

There is nothing wrong going to bar with friends getting drunken silly while pretending you are normie.

But the catch is when you want to get drunken just for the sake of being drunk. Alcoholism isnt a meme. It is a thing which turns responsible men into something far worse than junkies.

Try play a videogame, read a book, get a gf, play some sport, anything but drugs.

It is better to not drinkbalcohol in the long run.
>>
>>18228938
I've been sent back from work for being too hung over more than once. I've reassured them I know I fucked up and that it won't happen again and they pretend to believe it because I'm relatively young and do a consistent job otherwise. They like giving people the benefit of the doubt, or however you say it in english.

I'm not a genius like my dad was. He was kept on his company payroll for years because he did his job better pissed out drunk than most people would do sober. They only fired him months or weeks before it killed him.

Too bad that's not how it goes in a factory. I couldn't make it into university and I'm no savant genius at putting together product orders.
>>
Beer belly

Plus could fuck your stomach of maternally like it did to me. Thankfully I'm not in there situation anymore and have fully recovered good luck
>>
>>18228951
What did your dad do more specifically

Id say that his death should motivate you but besides that exercise and cigarettes or weed.
Get out the house and even if you're not in AA find a buddy that can be your "sponsor" that you can call up when you're feeling like taking a drink.
It's a long and hard war, you will lose battles, but ultimately it's up to you if you win or die.
>>
>>18228878
Being alcoholic (vs moderate or sober) literally does make a difference; it will eventually damage your health and lead to depression. I spent three years drinking very heavily post divorce, had a six month relapse last winter. It is a hard habit to break. Good luck, Anon.
>>
Future health repercussions is a good reason
>>
>>18228945
I know it's not a joke, but there's nothing you can do sober that doesn't feel better drunk.

Buying a TV and a videogame set-up (not to speak of figuring out how to use them, I'm a fucking caveman with technology of any complexity) feels like a waste of time and money that I could spend getting drunk browsing the internet.

Books feel too lonely. So far this year I've read A Song of Ice and Fire and The Book Thief and both of those because I was in a time and place where I couldn't get drunk and had no (more) internet to browse.

I don't want a girlfriend, even if any girl had low enough standards to settle for me. Trying to settle for someone is exhausting and more trouble than it's worth, and loving someone is even more useless than that. I'm glad it doesn't happen to me anymore.
>>
>>18228969
You have nice life attitude. With this you gonna go far kid :-)

And drinking alcohol so you can "have fun" is the first step towards doom.

And alcohol is anything but cheap in the long run. Maybe try to fix your life.
>>
>>18228964
I don't actually know for sure. When I first asked him, I was so little that I didn't understand the answer and forgot it immediately. By the time I was 16 I'd asked him so many times I was too embarrassed to ask again, and he died when I was 17.

Something to do with computers. IT, I guess. He had some kind of an autistic gift to it.

The problem is it really doesn't motivate me. The thought of a relatively early death sounds like a relief. Save for outliving mom (because she's sworn she's going to turn crazy and demented if I die before her), I have no real interest in prolonging life.

I still have like a 100 days' worth of antabuse left from the last time I was put into a mental ward and had my medications re-evalued. I could easily just take one every day and know I CAN'T drink, but I can't find any reason why not-drinking would be preferrable to drinking.

>>18228966
It makes no difference to me. I was depressed years before I could get my hands on alcohol.
>>
>>18228878

Basically you have to form a premise that there is something desirable about being sober that is no less important than anything you get from being drunk.

if you can't formulate that in your head, you aren't ready to stop yet.
>>
>>18229007
Yeah, that's roughly how I've perceived the problem. I sort of made this post to ask for further instructions on how to do that.

I've found the broken part. I don't need to be told it's broken. I came to ask how to replace it.
>>
>>18228878
You're wasting money and ruining your health.
>>
>>18229015
I can't think of any better use for either.
>>
>>18229007
>when you never reach that point and you die

Fbm
>>
>>18229014
well, gawddamn, thats different for everyone.

you need to sort that out by assessing your life.
>>
>>18229044
>assessing

I don't know what that word means in this context.

I'm just trying to keep up appearances until mom dies so I can down the rest of my sleeping pills with a clear conscience.
>>
>>18229057
>2edgy4me

Get a wife and a kids and a mortage like everyone else.
>>
>>18229057

because of pride? or because you're currently taking care of mother?

i think a little backstory to your drinking would be helpful context now
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.