[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I not lose confidence in myself in spite of others? During

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1488376840001.jpg (4KB, 201x189px) Image search: [Google]
1488376840001.jpg
4KB, 201x189px
How do I not lose confidence in myself in spite of others?
During today's Easter dinner I felt that my family still think I'm a kid or whatever. I'm finishing my master's, getting driver's licence, and generally am on the right path, but can't really speed things up. My older cousin (1.5 year difference) landed a good job traveling the world, bought a car and is getting married. My family tells me 'hehe we need to find you a wife. XD'
I know it's jokes, but still. It feels that whatever I do, it's never enough. I myself would want to speed everything up, but can't.
>>
Enjoy the ride OP, and be easy on yourself. Also there are no 'right' paths. I ran into a guy I went to high school with recently, guy was really smart, but dropped out in year 12 because he got hooked playing wow, last I heard of him he was working in a supermarket & doing acid every weekend.

Turns out he ended up in quite a bit of debt, so to get out of it, he learnt about money, worked out that Trump was going to win the election, worked out the best way to exploit it, got a personal loan, maxed every credit card, shorted the peso during the US election with 250:1 leverage, made 800k in a single day.

Guy literally wasted his 20's, worked as a manager in retail for years, never went to uni, and made what I made in my 20's, in a day.

Point is here's a guy who I thought for sure, had lost it, who threw it all away over a fucking computer game, and he just flipped it, overnight. So even if you fuck up, you lose confidence, you waste years on the wrong path, you can always go down another path at any time.
>>
>>18228234
Maybe they know that you are on the right path and want to encourage you?

Expectations don't come from nothing, perhaps they are very content with your progress and just want to tease you a bit to do even better!
>>
>>18228234
NEWS FLASH Your older family members will ALWAYS think of you as a child and treat you that way. They're never going to change and you have to try to let it just wash off your back.
>>
A real man doesn't care what anyone else says or thinks
>>
>>18228294
Ehh I wish I could pull off something like that, it would give me an enormous confidence boost and sense of accomplishment.
I recently took interest in investing; I'm gonna start with silver tbqh.
Also I think I'm on the 'right' path, I just need some time, and it hurts in the meantime. My major is okay, I like it and it's somewhat respectable (basically translation). I know by now that something like computer science would have been far more profitable but whatever.
>>
>>18228880
How is that man supposed to handle criticism then? Just ignore it so he could never better himself?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.