[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 21, go to uni and want to move out of my parents'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 51515116515616.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
51515116515616.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
I'm 21, go to uni and want to move out of my parents' house. I just want advice and tips for that.

Right now I have 2100€ in my bank account, my Dad would give me 200€ per month and then I would also need a part time job.

Tell me everything I should take into consideration and know when making this step. Tell me about your experiences when you first moved out please.
>>
>>18227755
What country do you live in?
Consider taking student loans if you can, a job really will slow you down.
>>
Why do you need to move out?
>>
>>18227781
>a job really will slow you down
A job also provides work experience. A degree alone isn't going to impress anyone these days, and potential employers want to know that you're a reliable employee.
>>
>>18227781
>What country do you live in?
Germany

>Consider taking student loans if you can
Oh yeah, you just made me remember I can apply for certain things to get money from the state

>>18227782
Because I want to be an independent, strong adult. I will have to study until I'm 25, so the circumstances of my situation won't change in the coming years. So why wait with moving out?

>>18227788
I agree, although a part time job won't be anything impressive anyway.. I will work at my university perhaps. But I can only do that in like a year from now.
>>
>>18227816
>So why wait with moving out?
Because clearly it's going to be financially difficult. Why place that burden on yourself if you don't have to?

>although a part time job won't be anything impressive anyway
Don't underestimate how valuable it is. So many people in this day and age juggle a part time job with full time study, you're putting yourself at a severe disadvantage against them if you don't work. It doesn't have to be much, just 10-15 hours per week. Either that, or volunteer, though that doesn't help with the money aspect.
>>
>>18227755
I didn't move out until I was 23

I was a graduate with a full time job and almost a full year of savings before I left for another city to follow my job's needs.

I'd be extremely apprehensive of moving out since you have so little money, no job and would still be relying on your parents paying you anyway.
>>
File: 32830743514_c23b818f53_c.jpg (181KB, 528x800px) Image search: [Google]
32830743514_c23b818f53_c.jpg
181KB, 528x800px
>>18227830
>Because clearly it's going to be financially difficult. Why place that burden on yourself if you don't have to?
The circumstances I'm in won't change until I'm done with uni. Which will be when I'm 25. I do not want to live with my dad until I'm 25. So it makes no difference to move out now or when I'm 24 and decided it's too embarrassing to keep living at my parents' house.

>>18227841
People who lived far away and moved here to go to uni are in the same situation. They get through, so why do I have to pretend it's impossible for me to do it? Just because it isn't 100% necessary in my case? I want to move out and I can. I'd probably get a part time job and work for 2 months before actually moving out though. Just to be sure that this is going to be a job that works out.
>>
>>18227889
>I do not want to live with my dad until I'm 25.
I mean, it's your life, but "I don't want to be living at home until I'm 25" is a terrible reason to move out when you can't even support yourself. Have you seen the conditions lots of people live in? Do you know how much debt some people are in because they're not living at home while studying? There's really nothing wrong with living at home as an adult while you're studying, you're just going to fuck over future-you by moving out when you can't afford to do so because 'muh embarrassment'.

But like I said, it's your life. Do what you want.
>>
>>18227897
I'd like you to give me advice and information on what it's like to move out. Based on that I'd decide for myself if I can do it or not. Trust me, I'm not being to rash on that decision because I'm giving myself enough time to think about it. I'm not moving out in the coming months anyway.
Hammering me with "don't do it" is just frustrating and doesn't give me actual insight on what I'm planing to do.
>>
Why is there barely any advice in this thread?

Moving out: have a few months rent in the bank, remember you pay damage deposit when you get a place.

Have a way to move your belongings.

You'll quickly realise what you're missing when you're in the new place so don't worry about it too much.

Thats literally all moving is.

My experience was: had 800 dollars in cash, 4000 in credit, moved to a place with a suitcase and my cat. Had called people beforehand to try and set up meetings because i would have had to stay in a motel. Flew there, slept 6 hours, went out and first place i viewed i got (with a roommate, who turned out alright). Spent the next day or two getting settled (changing mailing address, drivers license address, bus pass, library card). Then immediately started job hunting, got a job on my second day in a restaurant in downtown, working as a cook. Also during this time my friends girlfriend was finishing up uni and told me she was letting some furniture off for cheap, so i got a desk, full mattress set and some assorted tables and lamps for $200. Got two guys off craigslist to move it for 30 bucks.

Moving out is piss easy senpai.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.